TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Final Destination 3

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes derailments have occurred in the past but in no way were these similar to what is seen in the movie trailer. In real life none of these coasters had a total derailment like in the movie trailer. Cars either decoupled or partially derailed. In the movie it appears that a multitude of mechanical failures occur all at once. From what I have seen these include:

Restraint failures

Wheel failures

Track structural failures

For all of these things to occur at once in real life would just be near impossible. The probability of three events occurring at the exact same time is quite thin. Basically what I'm trying to say is the movie is just that a movie. Things that happen just are outrageous and are done that way to please or scare the audience and sell tickets.

Even though the movie appears very unrealistic I plan on going to see it on the big screen. I figure it should be a good laugh.

Has anyone else noticed that all the movies that are out or are coming out are either sequels or re-makes? And if they aren't either of those they are just stupid movies. Why can't they make movies like they used to? I'm tired of having to watch the same old recycled crap over and over again. If they are going to remake at leat make it better than the original, like King Kong.

Stupid Hollywood.

Yes derailments have occurred in the past but in no way were these similar to what is seen in the movie trailer. In real life none of these coasters had a total derailment like in the movie trailer. Cars either decoupled or partially derailed. In the movie it appears that a multitude of mechanical failures occur all at once. From what I have seen these include:

Restraint failures

Wheel failures

For all of these things to occur at once in real life would just be near impossible. The probability of three events occurring at the exact same time is quite thin. Basically what I'm trying to say is the movie is just that a movie. Things that happen just are outrageous and are done that way to please or scare the audience and sell tickets.

Mindbender in West Edmonton Mall derailed, which I believe caused the restraints to fail.

Restraint failures

Wheel failures

Mindbender in West Edmonton Mall derailed, which I believe caused the restraints to fail.

That is true... I remember seeing pictures of it somewhere, including one of the body that fell out... that was disgusting.

Rollercoaster: The beginning:

Let me get this straight. The gum. WTF does that signify? She senses that she will hit the broken track, fall down and onto the corkscrew (of course, as a train passes and she gets killed.) (By the way, if you hit the track and grab on, if you are less than 90 feet away from the ground and there is no track below you, for GOD'S SAKE LET GO! Two broken legs and maybe a few cracked ribs is SO much better than death. But what a way to go!) Anyway, the asshole with the camera lets it drop (a neat trick, considering that he is secured to it) (wait. The girl's camera was taken from her. Why not the guy's camcorder?), it wraps around the rail (which is physically impossible), the coaster hits that rail and the camera strap, instead of breaking, hooks onto the train. Now, logically, if that were to happen, the camera would be treated to a short ride, to the next crossbar, where it would break. The restraint system catch was already frayed, hence the sparks. The camera strap somehow breaks the restraint catches on the entire train, one after another, (a pretty damn neat trick, seeing as the restraint catches are on the SIDES of the train), the restrains pop up en masse, the camera pops one wheel nut, the coaster goes through the corkscrew and some metal doohickey in the train breaks, both wheels fly off (again pretty impressive), the train goes through a hill, the metal doohickey neatly slices through the track, the coaster stalls in the loop, the kids are stuck, somehow this gets resolved(honestly, using a cherry picker to get them down would be the smart thing to do, not trying to run the coaster.), the train decouples (see Death's Design), the train hits the break, it flies in the air, people fall out, (by the way, I would hold my restraint down and pray to God that the coaster's mass would cause it to land upright. Given the laws of physics, this should happen.) and the people who got off die in sick ways. Morals:

1) Don't try to cheat death. They didn't say they wouldn't make a FD4.

2) Death is one sick creature.

3) Secure your camcorder to your hand with duct tape. Hurts lice hell, but it's safer.

4) NEVER ride a coaster called "The Devil's Flight."

5) Leave the videorecording to the Alveys. Please.

I thought about this idea of sick Death. "How can I be killed?" I realized I was sitting directly beneath a light fixture. So I moved. THen I thought, "Now it can bounce up and kill me." So I put a book over my head and went back under the fixture.

OMG heck yes I soo wanna see this movie!! I've been waiting soo long!! I've never seen the first or second one though!! Ugh!! Can't wait, and the t.v. commercials are making me more anxious!!

I LOVE COASTERS AND HORROR MOVIES!!!

I just saw about a 3 minute clip of the movie on a TV preview, and I can say that the coaster crash looks a lot more realistic than it did in the original trailer. A quick summary:

Girl and friends get into train, guy next to her has the camera, takes a flash picture, and the ride op says to put it away. He does, but a guy in another car also has a camera, and hides it inside his jacket before pulling it out near the top of the lift. As the train goes through the ride, the camera repeatedly shows a shot of a leaking hydraulic line on the bottom of the train. When the coaster goes through the loop, the guy with the camera accidentally drops it at the top. Camera falls, and the strap catches on the track, wrapping the camera around one of the rails. Coaster comes through the loop and runs over the camera, simultaneously knocking a wheel loose and cutting the hydraulic line, which releases the OTSRs. Coaster keeps going, the loose wheel assembly and axle drag along the track, causing sparks to fly. Eventually the axle breaks off, causing some wheels to go flying from the train. Another piece of the undercarriage of the train falls off going down the drop leading into the loop, cutting through the track. The coaster stalls at the top of the loop from loss of speed, and everybody is left holding on for dear life.

That's where the clip I saw ended, but the obvious conclusion is that the train ends up rolling backwards from the top of the loop, hitting the section of broken track, and derailing. And as for the gum, if you've seen the first 2 Final Destination movies, the big opening crash scene always occurs first as a premonition by the main character, and once the premonition ends, something small and insignificant from the start of the premonition comes true, telling them that it's actually going to happen. In this case, the first thing in the premonition part is the guy next to the girl gets his hand stuck in gum, and then it flashes back to reality after the crash sequence and the same thing happens.

Having downloaded and printed the preview pass, ridden all the way downtown, and stood in line, only to be turned away from the over-papered screening with maybe 200 other people, I'm perfectly willing to give the thing a bad review sight unseen.

Which park is the rollercoaster located in ? Shame they had to use an old "Corkscrew" type

"Blame Canada - Blame Canada."

It's located in (ech) Playland Amusement Park, Vancouver, Canada.

They only use it, like the wooden coaster here - because of better costs for filming in Canada. Add to that the (apparent) excellent film crews that US producers and directors find here... they just keep on coming back here, lol.

I know there was a short review of the crash above me, but here's a more, detailed one. I guess?

Let me tell you, Blood, and gore, lots of it. Prolly one of the goriest (Spelling?) and bloodiest movie I've seen.

OK

Ok this coaster crash...TOTALLY Unrealistic. First, some person has there usual, Final Destination Vision/Dream. First off, when they enter the Q for the ride, the Spine of the track, is already loose and shaking. Not Real (As almost all of us coaster peeps know on here, a ride goes through expection every day.) Then they get in to the Vekoma-looking trains. The OTSR are auto, and click down (another un-real part). But when they are down, you can see so much space inbetween each rider and you can see that they are very loose. The characters push them up a few *inches* when you see them getting comfortable in the seats. Another un-real part. After that, a Hydraulic tube for the restraints starts to leak under the train (Oh No!!!). Don't they cover stuff like that on the undersides of coasters. Is there even Hydraulic fluid for coaster restraints? lol

The train goes up the lift, yada yada. Comes down, and DAMN how many times does it go through the double corkscrew? Yeah, about three times. How many coasters do you know with 6 Corkscrews in them? Yeah. Moving on. The camel backs/hills/bunny hops (Which ever you prefer) they add on this coaster are Really fake. If they were on a real coaster, the G's would be insane. Ok, on to the crash.

Idiot perve/creepy dude brings his Video Recorder on the coaster. When entering one (of many!) of the Vertical Loops, he drops his camera at the tip top of the loops...slow motion shot...etc etc. the camera strap wraps around one of the rails of the coaster. When the train exits the loop, the strap breaks the leaking tube of hydrolic fluid, releasing all of the OTSR's. First person to die. Hmm can't remember, all I remember is the fly out and slam on one of the supports, blood splatters everywhere, and gets all over faces. People scream, Ex-cet-er-ah ex-cet-e-RAH! (say it with some enthusiasm).

Next, the first three out of the six cars detatch, and Derail. The train enters another Vertical loops (Oh how original, I forgot which inversion this was by now) The now 3 car long train, stops at the very top of the loop (Just think Demon at SFGAm, 1998) people start to fall out one by one, splattering on the rails below. Two people remain hanging from train (The two main characters of course). They get this *swell* idea of trying to rock the car down the loop. They rock, get it to go down, but then a support (Can't remember that well). Stabs through the guys head, he die's (obviously) and then the part in the commercials. The spine of the track seperates and the cars stack up and the last person falls and dies.

Overall, the coaster was *really* (I mean it!) fake, and lasted only about 3 minutes all together. The rest is the usual Crazy Abnormal Accidents in the other Final Destination movies. But this one was beefed up on the blood and gore, oh and don't forget the......Breast's. The part you see in commercials, where the girls are in the tanning bed. You don't just see there head, you see there entire body. . Just a heads up, if you plan on taking kids under...ehh lets say 12, maybe 13. Depends what age and grade they start teaching bout them boobies in school (Oh dear), I would say it is Off-Limits to younger kids. Of course its rated R, but there were TONS of kids with parents in the Theater. I saw a few eye covering parents at that tanning bed part.

Ok a rating you might ask?

2, maybe a 2.5 out of 5. The effects were great, but it was the same as the others, lets all try and find out how NOT to die. The .5 extra for the AWESOME job they did with the gore, it was amazingly sick.

C ya!

P.S. Posted the same rating over on CB, so you might have already read this one.

P.S.S. Ah yes the 69th post. Score.

Meh. I saw it today and thought it was mildly entertaining but the coaster part was perhaps the least interesting in the whole movie. As other posters have said the coaster part is VERY unrealistic - even for someone who is not into coasters. In contrast to other posters I actually found the f/x to be pretty bad cgi - lots of obvious green screen f/x. But hey, it's a fun popcorn movie and I didn't expect anything more!

so I just saw the movie lastnight.. and.. I was very diasppointed.. I mean, the coaster part was alright.. there were some awesome POV shots of the ride, which, of course, were awesome.. but as a film overall, I think it sucked. If any of you guys have seen the other two movies, does anyone else agree that this one was horrible compared to them? I mean, they have seemed to go downhill since the first one, but still..the first and second movies were connected somehow, but this one was just completely random and had no connections. There was almost no plot--and it just focused on the deaths as opposed to an actual story.. anyone else agree?? I was a little perturbed (hahah i love that word).. not gonna lie..