TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sheikra VS Oblivion

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on both and I would also say that the drop on Oblivion is better than Sheikra's because diving into the hole makes it so much better and plus you can't really tell the 3 degrees difference in them.

But yeah overall Sheikra is the better ride just because it's longer and has an inversion.

I don't think Sheikra has a 90 degree drop. Back when Oblivion was being built, B&M said something about not being able to do a perfect 90 degree drop because of mechanical reasons. If the train dropped exactly 90 down, the car would fall unrestricted instead of riding on the rails. I can't recall the specifics though. I wish I could find that article now.

BTW, I think Oblivion's drop is comparable to StormRunner's: they both have a straight, vertical 180 ft drops. I like StormRunner's much more because you race over the hill and get crazy air; whereas on Oblivion, you fall from a standstill.

That's a hard call. I'm really not a big fan of Oblivion because it's so damn short. But I will say that Shakira's drop in the THIRD ROW was really crazy, and that's something that Oblivion can't have.

I would give the *slight* edge to Shakira.

--Robb

I have only been on Sheikra so I couldnt make a true call but I think that Sheikra is better. And I saw this because Sheikra does have a third row so if you sit in the back it is really insane. But Oblivion does have a tunnel, but so does Sheikra.

I think that Oblivion is like the second have of Sheikra.

Yeah Shakira in the 3rd row is awesome! Oblivion doesn't have that sort of hang time!

I like dropping into the hole on Oblivion and everything, but Shakira does that in its second drop so they're both pretty similar.

Kip, I remember what you're talking about and I believe you're still correct, Shakira claims to have a 90 degree drop but it's not.

I read that article aswell but i was not sure whether it was true or not. But i prefer oblivions drop, the dive into the hole is amazing, and the second drop of sheikra were it goes into the tunnel is a copy of oblivion same as g5 being a copy of oblivion, oblivion was the original and in every dive machine built there is something that is copied of oblivion.

I think it may be 90 because once the track starts to level out on the bottom of the drop its always some **klunk** like the wheels are starting to connect w/ the track again...

does anyone else notice that...

Dive Machines aren't 90* because the trains would "hunt" for the track. Even with a spring-loaded suspension, the trains would not maintain solid contact with the track, causing horizontal shifting.

I have been on both, and I must say:

SheiKra>Oblivion (in overall ride experience)

Oblivion's drop>SheiKra's drop (better theming around the drop, tunnel, and also it was before I became a jaded coaster enthusiast)

I think the Sheikra is better, because you can get a little of both oblivion and Sherikra itself, you have a drop that goes underground, and you have the drop that IS Sheikra, but from what I know, all the Oblivion does is drop underground and turn to the brake station, (correct me if I'm wrong) but sheikra has one inversion and a splash section, i dont mean to compete that strongly