TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Derailment in Vietnam Kills One & Injures Two Others

An amusement park in northern Vietnam has been suspended from operation following a roller coaster accident that killed one student and injured two others.

Duong Quoc Lam, chairman of the People’s Committee in Thanh Thuy District, Phu Tho Province, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Friday morning that Dao Ngoc Xanh (Green Pearl Island) Amusement Park had been temporarily closed.

Local police have also been charged with determining the cause of the accident, Lam added.

A roller coaster previously derailed at Dao Ngoc Xanh around 12:30 pm on Thursday, killing one student and injuring two others.

The victims are 11th graders of a high school in Dong Anh District, Hanoi, who were on a trip organized by their school.

The two injured students are now being treated at a hospital in the capital.

An official of the school confirmed that a student had been killed and two others injured in the accident, but refused to provide further information.

Local authorities have offered financial support worth VND5 million (US$216) to family of the deceased and VND2 million ($86) to each injured victim.

A probe by Tuoi Tre has revealed that this is not the first accident to have occurred at Dao Ngoc Xanh.

In 2014, six students of a Hanoi-based middle school were injured after a Ferris wheel ride had an error and fell to the ground from an altitude of two meters at the same venue.

The amusement park is operated by Ao Vua JSC.

It was constructed on La Phu Islet in Thanh Thuy District, Phu Tho Province, located in northern Vietnam.

Source

image.png.cf7bf85404733311f8d71e85f84e5bce.png

I heard about it because someone shared a Korean website, I haven't included their article above because they are pretty bad at being clickbaity, and inaccurate, so the article has wrong information e.g. location of the park and their pictures are of a Vekoma corkscrew and Vekoma Inverted coaster that are from random parks and nothing to do with this park, however I mention it because they have one picture to do with the article which is a more grisly picture of the aftermath that I wasn't sure I should post in the topic but click at your own discretion: Link

• Sad 3

Wow.  Tragic for the families....

Though after watching that video I can't say for certain that's a ride I'd get on if someone were holding a gun to my head.