TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I survived Hurricane Wilma!

BarryH

Well, hurricane Wilma hit about 60 miles south of me, but I'm OK. We had to clean up some branches and our landry hanger collapsed, but everything is OK. We got power back in my area around 3 pm today. Thank goodness because I was tired of taking cold showers!

When Wilma hit, I was in Orlando and rode it out in the Days Inn. Sea World and Discovery Cove were the only parks open during normal hours (9-7 pm). I think Epcot opened later in the day. I had my water and the IHOP downstairs was open for food. I did encounter a hurricane crisis -- I ran out of clean underwear! I had to drive in the wind and rain to Wal-Mart and bought the economy 7 pack of underwear (plus long pants and a sweatshirt because it got cold!).

I am going to enjoy a warm shower tonight!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear you made it through okay. I was in Cancun last week on bussiness and it was pretty scary, especially since they closed the airport before we could fly out. :shock: We ended up chartering a bus to drive us to Merida which is about 175 miles west of Cancun and we got out from the airport there. After seeing waves that were over 15ft. high, I say give me the earthquakes any time!