TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever had a black out on a coaster?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never blacked out, but i have experienced several gray outs. The best of which have been on Arrow loopers such as Tennessee Tornado and Carolina Cyclone. I've also occasionally blacked out on Vortex at Carowinds. That little B&M stand up packs a nice punch. Anyways, in my mind, high gs and the sensation of graying out makes a ride much more interesting. My sister on the other hand blacks out a lot. She blacked out on Kumba for most all of the ride.

I myself, had never blacked out on a roller coaster. I get dizzy sometimes, but that only if I ride it multiple times.

But my sister on the other hand, blacks out a lot. Pretty much every inverted coaster she'd been on, she'd blacked out on. And she had also blacked out on Kumba.

I've seen many African Americans on coasters, but I've never taken one on myself. My only African friend doesn't really like coasters, as he's a chicken (no pun intended) (he's reading this over my shoulder and laughing his a$$ off)

-James

^Being stapled would produce a similar situation as a G-suit would. It would keep the blood from being able to be easily forced away from your brain. Not as effective, certainly, but it makes sense it would help a little.

I grayed out at the pull-out of Millennium Force's first drop. But that was my first big boy coaster, except for Rock n' Rollercoaster 18 months before.

Invertigo/Face/Off is the only ride that consistently gets me close to gray outs now.

My color vision will sometimes briefly fade to gray on SFMM's Goliath during the helix. The pretzel on Tatsu feels more intense to me, but I don't have any issue with graying out on it. While the force on Goliath is not as intense, it's drawn out over a relatively long period of time at a pretty consistent level. As a comparison, Tatsu's pretzel continues to build intensity as you go down and then the force quickly diminishes as you climb back up. Of course, there are also the very different riding positions of each coaster that no doubt play their part as well.

Goliath at SFMM on press day. OMG that thing was insane then! Was anybody on any of the trains where a wheel broke off in the helix? I was in the back car, I believe, and it was kind of scary. The reason they gave us was that they were 'phasing out a failed wheel design.'

Not trying to change the subject though! But yeah Goliath before the Mid-Course STOP was way intense.

Chris.

^Being stapled would produce a similar situation as a G-suit would. It would keep the blood from being able to be easily forced away from your brain. Not as effective, certainly, but it makes sense it would help a little.

I grayed out at the pull-out of Millennium Force's first drop. But that was my first big boy coaster, except for Rock n' Rollercoaster 18 months before.

Invertigo/Face/Off is the only ride that consistently gets me close to gray outs now.

I'll make sure I ask to get stapld then on Titan and B:TR as well as afew others... I guess being stapled could help preventing even partial G-LOC as long as all the pressure is on the right places God I can't even take 4.5 G's without blacking out(flight deck at CW).