TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Xbox 360 at Walmart

SLUSHIE

I was at Walmart yesturday, and everytime I'm there T gatta make a little stop in the electronics section. When I got there I saw an Xbox 360 with Call of Duty 2 playable. The xbox 360 doesn't look any smaller than the xbox, and it also has that huge power supply on the power cable. CoD2 looked good, but from what I saw it didn't look any different from the PC version, graficly or play wise. Is there a difference Robb? Anyway it is cool to see the console in person and to see something running on it. Check your local walmart, I think that 60 of them have one at the moment.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you plan on buying one you will want to get to the store early!

Robb, when I buy a next gen console will I need to buy a HDTV so that I can enjoy better graphics? I don't want to buy a next gen console and have the same graphics that I do on my Xbox/Ps2.

I'm going to wait for the Ps3!

Once I was able to get this kid in front of me to shoo, I got a second to play COD2. All I can say is "Wow!" Those were some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen. Unbelievable. The titles I plan on picking up (as soon as they are available) are Perfect Dark Zero, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and sometime next year, Too Human (by one of personal fav's Silicon Knights). Screw the online bundles...next time preorder your consoles before the month of its release and there shouldn't be an issue.

I love to watch people rush for the newest and best thing. I'll walk into my Best Buy in January and see some sitting there untouched.

-Cal

I tried doing that last January after Halo 2 was released before the Holiday Season and they were SOLD out as soon as they got them. I had to hunt one down at my local walmart and they only had 2 left. 3 months after Halo 2 came out they were selling out as fast as they got them in.

Yep, even my Wal-Mart got a 360. The white makes it looks pretty sleek clean looking. It also had CoD2 on there as well. Only complaint would be that the unit seemed to lag a little when there was a moderate amount of action going on. Textures and graphics look really awesome, but Im still wondering why there was a drop in FPS all of a sudden in the game. Oh well. The graphics showed me I need to update my computer again, Im starting to fall behind graphics-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually made it to a Wal*Mart yesterday and saw the 360 and all of it's green/white/silver glory. I was going to play it but some young kid (younger than 10) playing Call of Duty...worst mistake ever as he couldn't control his character and got me dizzied as he played forever...I just left but graphically, it looks good. A few random side notes from wal*mart: I tried the "new and improved" Gameboy "Blinding Device" SP with it's ultra bright headache inducing screen. I also saw RCT3: Wild as well but I didn't have money on me at the time.