TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your ideal vs. reality plans for 2021?

Besides COVID, which I HOPE will be less of an issue between the vaccine rollout and parks seeming like they did a pretty decent job adhering to protocols, (people maybe less so but I will keep my distance and they will just have to live with it) 2021 is gunna be a crazy year for me...I finally finish my Masters and thus may end up anywhere in the country! 

But my plans are this:

1: FL and back road trip: KD, Carowinds, BGT, Orlando, BGW, SFGAdv.   

2: IL and back road trip: Hershey, Kennywood, KI, SFGreatAmerica, CP, Knoebels. 

This will depend on when the 2021 rides open of course. 

3: I hope to squeeze in Dollywood. Has to be a solo trip. 

I'd like to think all of this is realistic! Long as the parks are open, and vaccine is out I plan to do all this, and will of course self isolate and etc as needed. But yeah barring them being closed, I fully intend to do it all. 

I kind of hope to move to California post grad, if so I will probably just make trip 1 part of my drive out there. Totally not a coaster addict or anything not at all! Its totally sane to think how you can work parks into possible life events LOL 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

^Please do all of your research before moving to California! Make sure it's really where you want to live and not just vacation.

Oh it's no vacation, for proof: I am looking at Sacramento lol 
But I feel you! Plenty of research done, I've even looked at tax calculators (so I can know exactly what is acceptable pay), rent in various areas, crime maps, etc I did a lot of this leg work as I had a job offer out there earlier this year, but I held off to do the Masters instead/covid was peaking. It of course depends if I can find a good enough/appropriate job out there : ) 

Oh as for 2021 plans how could I forget! SFNE assuming it ever opens 🤣  

• Like 1

Ideal:
May - Cedar Point, Hersheypark
June - Cedar Point, Michigan's Adventure
August - Indiana Beach
September - Dragon Con, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Dollywood
October - Cedar Point, Kings Island

Realistic:
August - Indiana Beach
September - Dragon Con, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Dollywood
October - Six Flags Great America, Cedar Point, Kings Island

Ideal/Typical of the past warm season traveling:

Another Cedar Point Breakers/FL+ 1st weekend of full operations trip >OR< return weekend stay at Hershey

Another 10 day flying/road trip hitting a few parks along the way.

Another August beachfront condo week in Pensacola

Another FL+ 12am Closing trip to KI and another FL+/Fright Lane KI Haunt.

Another trip to SF Great America to visit the park during the day and Lou Malnati's at night. Maybe during Last-Call Fall Festival

1st trip to SFoT or maybe a return trip to BGW.

A night in Louisville and KK day. The strip at night for drinks.

Reality: We had a COVID year baby. If we're very lucky we'll accomplish the following:

A couple few-hour nightcap trips to SFSTL for beers and Screamin' Eagle rides.

A day at KI

My parents rented a beach house for immediate family in the Outer Banks, baby included. (bitter/sweet)

Maybe an Indiana Beach weekend.

Maybe a day/night stay at another Midwest park within 5 hours. (KK, KI, SFGam, SDC, WoF, IB, HW)

At least one of those will not happen.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, SharkTums said:

^Please do all of your research before moving to California! Make sure it's really where you want to live and not just vacation.

I agree. There's a reason people are leaving the state. Good luck with housing near anywhere you'd want to live...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BotanicalStig said:

Ideal:

Carowinds spring & summer, WDW fall, KD Halloween.

Realistic:

Planet Coaster & Youtube.

I'll be happy if it's safe enough to visit *any park* at least once before 2022. Fingers crossed.

Since I dont know you or your medical history, what is your definition of safe? I havent been to WDW myself since covid but everything ive read from multiple sources (including Robb and Elissa) is that it feels very safe. 

Just curious, not criticizing.

Ideal:

Spain Trip that was suppose to happen in 2020. Tripsdrill and Europa Park too.

Realistic:

My four annual visits (Efteling, Walibi Holland, Toverland, Phantasialand). Bobbejaanland, Walibi Belgium, Plopsaland de Panne and Movie Park Germany.

Granted with Realistic I keep in mind that the borders in Europe will be freely open at some point in the year. I mean it wasn't a problem this summer and I be shocked if next sumer it will be. 

Ideally:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - I was planning to go last April, but that trip obviously got cancelled.

Mid-Late Summer Pennsylvania Trip - Knoebels, Dorney, and maybe Hershey

Silver Dollar City in the Fall

Possible Winter Trip (Dollywood?)

Realistic:

I will probably only be able to do a trip to Silver Dollar City in the Fall.  Maybe I'll be able to compensate by doing another trip to California in January 2022.

Fantasy:

Go to Japan for the Olympics in August and visit Tokyo to Osaka including TDR and some other Tokyo area parks, Fuji Q and Mount Fuji area, Nagashima, Parque Espana, USJ, and Kyoto.  I was supposed to do this in 2020 and I had 20 days set aside for this but by March I knew not to buy my plane tickets. Since my sister has a wedding ceremony scheduled for the end of July in France I'll be likely visiting Japan in 2022 instead and although it won't be during the Olympics it will still be awesome because its Japan.

Ideal:

Not theme park related, but ski trip to Jackson Hole in February. Also weekend ski trips to Mammoth and Squaw Valley some time this season.

Central Florida trip for all the new ride openings plus some area attractions and beaches with the primary focus being WDW, UO, and BGW, probably in June.

Going to France in late July for my sister's wedding ceremony so I'm hoping to squeeze in some parks like DLP and Asterix, maybe head out to Europa. Fly to Barcelona to see relatives and go to Port Aventura.

Enjoy Disneyland, Magic Mountain and other California parks when they reopen. Hopefully be able to do some haunt events like Knott's Scary Farm and HHN.

Realistic:

Jackson Hole ski trip some time this season because I have a Mountain Collective Pass. Weekend trips to Mammoth and Lake Tahoe for Squaw Valley using my Mountain Collective Pass asumming they stay open.

Orlando/Tampa trip once Velociraptor, Iron Gwazi, and Ice Breaker open (probably in June) for WDW, UO, SWO, and BGT. Blizzard Beach too since I still haven't been there and it was closed on my last three consecutive visits to Orlando.

My sister's wedding ceremony in the Brittany region of France is still on for the end of July so I'll at least go out for that and since I'll have to fly into Paris I'll squeeze in at least Parc Asterix and/or a day at DLP.

Disneyland and Magic Mountain whenever they open since I still have three months on my Disney Premier Pass once Disneyland reopens and I ended up getting a 2021 Six Flags Pass when I went to SFOG in December. A day trip to Discovery Kingdom sometime this season too.  I'm assuming these parks will be reopen at least in the back half of 2021. If for some reason these parks don't reopen by fall then I'll do another trip to Orlando for Halloween events and Epcot Food & Wine since my Disney Premier Pass is good at WDW until at least three months after Disneyland reopens. 

I'm basically hoping to simply move all of the plans from 2020 this new year. However, I suspect that a lot of the places that I will want to travel to will still be limited park operations at best which will probably put me off of visiting large parks.

Ideal:

New York City (not really theme park related, but I might do a side trip to Coney Island or Nickelodeon Universe) in May 2021. There is an Automatacon event there that I've wanted to go to for a while now, but I suspect that that it will be cancelled again.

Enchanted Forest and Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington for May 2021 on the same vacation as above just to take advantage of the long Memorial day weekend.

Universal Studios Singapore, and Genting Skyworlds (assuming that the park opens in 2021) for December 2021 since I hate spending the holidays at home.

Maybe Lagoon and Salt Lake City (but probably not)

Realistic:

Enchanted Forest and Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington for late summer / early fall 2021.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:05 PM, thrillseeker4552 said:

Ideal:

1. Multi-park trip on the East Coast in June that would include American Dream, SFGAdv, Dorney, Knoebels, Hershey, Kennywood, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. If the parks are open and travel is possible, this is fairly likely.

2. A few Lagoon trips scattered throughout the year.

3. Silverwood in July or August.

4. Knott's, SFMM, or SWSD, whenever they open. I am honestly not expecting them to open for many more months.

Realistic:

1. Big Apple Coaster, Stratosphere Tower, and/or Adventuredome in January.

2. Numbers 2 and 3 from above.

Even just 2 weeks later, these plans have already changed. With COVID going the way it is, and my graduation/job schedule in the spring, a road trip like that may not be feasible.

So as of now, the only things that are 99% certain are Lagoon visits throughout the year (already have my 2021 pass) and a Silverwood visit in the summer. If California parks open, those are a possibility too.