TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the best Roller Coaster Tycoon game?

I have never played Roller Coaster Tycoon. However, I am a big fan of the SimCity franchise, and the games seem  similar. I just love simulation. I have two questions:

Is the game more simulation-oriented or more building-oriented? xender

What is the best game of the series? It appears that the general consensus is that RC3 sucks, so which is superior? 1 or 2?

Thanks for your time! omegle

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, easily.

Planet Coaster is the best RCT game.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this isn't too much of an old thread to reply...

In comparison to other amusement park games, Roller Coaster Tycoon tends to be heavier on management systems, but still has plenty of opportunities for creativity.

RCT1 has a more interesting / rewarding campaign mode.

RCT2 is pretty similar to RCT1, but it has better tools if you want to get deep into modding and custom parks.

However don't sleep on Parkitect, which is a more recent take on the RCT formula.

RCT3 is the best with all these community ride systems, CSOs etc. Its totally different than RCT1 or 2.

Depends on what you want to do with the game. If you want to built nice infrastructure and working park RCT2 might be better.

If you want to create single rides or themed attractions where you can sit in RCT3 would be better.

The mixmaster is so cool in RCT3 with lasers,firework editor etc.

The guy didnt ask for PlanCo....but PlanCo is a little bit better than RCT3 because you can rotate everything and built smooth layouts.

Thememakers toolkit is also VERY nice! Try RCT3 and PlanCO IMO

• 1 month later...

I believe it's really depends on what you asking for to play,

if you looking for sandbox mods than achieving and completing missions, the non-RCT games are for that, but for those that looking for more purpose than only building Rollercoasters RCT1-RCT2 are definitely the best tycoon games out there, still playing it in ORCT2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 10:03 PM, denvemosc46 said:

I have never played Roller Coaster Tycoon. However, I am a big fan of the SimCity franchise, and the games seem  similar maintenance climatisation Nice. I just love simulation. I have two questions:

Is the game more simulation-oriented or more building-oriented? xender

What is the best game of the series? It appears that the general consensus is that RC3 sucks, so which is superior? 1 or 2?

Thanks for your time! omegle

Me too, maybe we should find someone to initiate us.

I'm defiantly going to have to go with RCT2. While RCT3 did have it's perks... Overall game play was more enjoyable for me on RCT2. So much so that I actually recently started replaying the game!

On 3/6/2021 at 9:14 PM, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Planet Coaster is the best RCT game.

Planet Coaster isn't really a Roller Coaster Tycoon game though...

• 1 month later...

I think software developers from https://mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development have made quality first part . This is easily achieved through a "web component plug-in". These plug-ins allow you to convert your data as a string into proper XML format. With the latest plug-ins, you can also add new features and functionality to your mobile application without the need for additional development or programming.

• 2 weeks later...