TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Defunction Attacked

Hey Everyone.

Defunction has just experience an awfull attack, which compromised our Database full of information as such.

We have lost everything, and have to re-build our community unfortunatly.

This also means you will have to re-sign up to the forums, and un-fortunatly start posting again in a fresh forum installation. This has indeed angered me aswell as I am sure it has yourself, however if you could just understand the situation we are in at the moment, I am sure you will understand.

This also means our Park & Ride Directory has also gone, and we will need some time to re-input the information into it. And just when you thought it was bad, it gets worse. The image Galleries are also gone.

I hope you can understand the pain we are dealing with here, and I do expect the total re-build of the site to take alot of time, however if you can show your support by re-signing up to the forums, and start to re-post, it will get us motivated.

Come and support the team through this very difficult time, which we are trying to deal with.

Thanks again.

Regards

Paul

Defunction.net

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't host it personally, however I do know my server is very much tightly secured.

It's funny, the only backup I have of the DB was with no data in it, and I was just about to do a backup of the over sized database, so I could split the Forums from the site data.

Owell, looks like that won't be happening anytime soon as planned. Well, I have already done that, but you get the drift.

Your Correct Pete, it WAS Australia's MOST EXTENSIVE Database website for AUSTRALIA'S Defunct Rides & Parks, which included photos and videos.

It was also the worlds most visited website soley about Defuct Parks in General. Sorry if anyone owns www.defunctparks.com , but that site is long gone.

One of my other aims was to beat that site, and so far, I have (Or did).

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on things.

A message sent to all members.

Due to the unfortunate events that some users may or may not know about, the doors of Defunction are closing permanantly. However this doesn't mean that the concept in any way is dead, but rather, the life of this website was past its metaphorical expiry date.

But like a wise man once said, "when one door closes, another one opens" and with that, a brand new, refocussed website will be hitting our shores very soon.

Until then, thanks to the thousands that have watched our site day in and day out, and rest assured, a new generation of site will be arriving shortly.

Paul Hollibone,

Defunction.net

Very sad to click the Close Button.