Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marineland Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, bert425 said:

S&S Freespin it is!

Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if one of the new coasters was a 4D Freespin. I actually find them really enjoyable and fun! Plus, I mean when Marineland DOES add something new, they usually don't skimp out on that investment; it would probably have all the magnetic fins like Arashi. Plus they would probably dress up the ride pretty nice just like they did with Polar Splash and one of their most recent flat rides, Ocean Odyssey. But honestly, anything to start filling out the park would make me happy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bert425 said:

S&S Freespin it is!

Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if one of the new coasters was a 4D Freespin. I actually find them really enjoyable and fun! Plus, I mean when Marineland DOES add something new, they usually don't skimp out on that investment; it would probably have all the magnetic fins like Arashi. Plus they would probably dress up the ride pretty nice just like they did with Polar Splash and one of their most recent flat rides, Ocean Odyssey. But honestly, anything to start filling out the park would make me happy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see a 4D, Raptor clone, small GG woodie or Gerstlauer Infinity being added.  Small investments that would probably mean a quick ROI and a marketable rapid expansion.  None of which I would complain about.  

Niagara is already a tourist destination, they really wouldn't have much in the way of true competition.  Locals will go to CW and Darian anyways, but year round international tourists are already flocking to this area.  I'm surprised it's taking this long to truly grow this park.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why does it feel like anytime there is even a hint of expansion at any park, enthusiasts bust out the biggest crack pipe they can find and just start slamming back rocks?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, boldikus said:

Why does it feel like anytime there is even a hint of expansion at any park, enthusiasts bust out the biggest crack pipe they can find and just start slamming back rocks?

Why I'm getting so excited, and I'm sure this is why others are too, is because there actually looks to be major growth in the works for this park. I mean after years of getting nothing, they have all of a sudden opened up 4 acre, heavily themed splash park, added trams to take guests around the park, a brand-new penguin exhibit, a thrill ride, and a family ride, but all in a matter of what will be two full seasons. Now they have submitted the request to be able to build higher. It's just fun to speculate what growth will be for a park when we have never really seen it expand before. I mean it is always fun to predict attractions for Six Flags parks and Cedar Fair parks, but there is always a pattern that you could always pull from. You don't really have a pattern of expansion for this park. 

 

Also a crackpot idea for a new coaster that I'd love to see: a Vekoma Shockwave. Supposedly, Marineland likes working with manufacturers they've worked with before. They've only ever worked with Arrow, Huss, Zierer, and S&S for new rides. Maybe since S&S and Vekoma have the same parent company, they'd be willing to get something from them! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing about this park makes sense. It's seriously the strangest park I've ever been to. I don't even hate it... I'm just confused by it. It's like a sh*thole SeaWorld built on the scale of Yellowstone National Park for no apparent reason. You pay admission on the honor system because you could just walk in wherever since fencing it in would be as big of an undertaking as building a wall on the US southern border. Everything about it is decrepit, shady and/or sad but then randomly they have like the best S&S tower anywhere and an Arrow that's super weird but also has crazy theming in the station and is somehow incredible.

... but then you just walk like a mile to the bear exhibit and feed them off-brand Kellogg's Corn Pops out of an Ice Cream cone and just feel bad and even more confused. Also the fact that they built this Frisbee is insane to me. It's a super modern and unnecessarily high-capacity ride because... why? When I first heard about it I was sure they bought the used carnival ride from Fantasy Island but no, they suddenly think they're Cedar Point. It's going to have (at most) 2 people on it every cycle, and it will probably only need to cycle 4 times an hour.

I feel like the people that own this place are on heavy drugs 24/7. The thought of them buying a new coaster that's any more expensive than a used Zyklon that had an accident is insane to me but hey, maybe they'll do it because they're monkey-fuck nuts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Nothing about this park makes sense. It's seriously the strangest park I've ever been to. I don't even hate it... I'm just confused by it. It's like a sh*thole SeaWorld built on the scale of Yellowstone National Park for no apparent reason. You pay admission on the honor system because you could just walk in wherever since fencing it in would be as big of an undertaking as building a wall on the US southern border. Everything about it is decrepit, shady and/or sad but then randomly they have like the best S&S tower anywhere and an Arrow that's super weird but also has crazy theming in the station and is somehow incredible.

... but then you just walk like a mile to the bear exhibit and feed them off-brand Kellogg's Corn Pops out of an Ice Cream cone and just feel bad and even more confused. Also the fact that they built this Frisbee is insane to me. It's a super modern and unnecessarily high-capacity ride because... why? When I first heard about it I was sure they bought the used carnival ride from Fantasy Island but no, they suddenly think they're Cedar Point. It's going to have (at most) 2 people on it every cycle, and it will probably only need to cycle 4 times an hour.

I feel like the people that own this place are on heavy drugs 24/7. The thought of them buying a new coaster that's any more expensive than a used Zyklon that had an accident is insane to me but hey, maybe they'll do it because they're monkey-fuck nuts.

 

I mean the family that owns the park has multiple other properties and other business ventures, so something tells me they are pouring money from their other businesses into the park, trying to get it to the point where the park is more.... profitable. I just can't imagine that this park is very profitable as is. Honestly, something that I think would just make this park feel more..... normal is a people mover system like a monorail that drops guests off at Arctic Cove, Blackbear Country, The Aquarium Dome, the kid's area, and then Friendship Cove. Then maybe like a chairlift up to the top of Sky Screamer Mountain? Or maybe like a skylift attraction that has a station by Friendship Cove, then one on top of Sky Screamer Mountain, and then going down the other side and having a station that is in Blackbear Country?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

...built on the scale of Yellowstone National Park for no apparent reason. You pay admission on the honor system because you could just walk in wherever since fencing it in would be as big of an undertaking as building a wall on the US southern border.

I've been aware of Marineland and had some surface-level knowledge about it, but not enough to really understand just how spread out it is. Real talk - when that video of the new ride got posted a couple months ago and the camera came sweeping over vast, barren terrain with some dirt roads and empty paths, I swear I thought they were showing a prototype ride set up at the manufacturer's facility. I didn't read for context and had NO clue that the ride was already built on site at the park. Totally understand the comments now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ park map from ~2017  (so before the new stuff was added). . . NOT to scale, there's a LOT of space between attractions

 

it's very spread out with a lot of space still to expand.

(and it's less than 5 minute drive from the Horseshoe falls - you can see them from the drop tower, which makes that tower even more amazing)

 

IMG_4313.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a bad enthusiast who didn't visit because I was only in town visiting some Canadian friends who I'd met in Korea but I was surprised how you could see the S&S Towers from all over the photo spots of the falls.

P1040523.jpg

P1040555.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brandon from Amusement Insiders mentioned that he was told by the park that they were interested in a Windseeker attraction. He tripped up and started to say Sky Screamer (Funtime), but he corrected himself and said Windseeker, making me think that the park would specifically want to go with a Mondial version. IF that is true, then it certainly would give them another tall ride you could see from the falls. Plus it would give a great observational view from the top where you could see the falls. I'd like that to be true, but I would have thought that they would go with a Funtime version to differentiate it some from Wonderland's Windseeker, but I guess the general public that is visiting Niagara Falls probably wouldn't care at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I think is that the owners have a lot of money so they could probably do and build pretty much they want.  And on top of that they have a lot of land!  I would love to see them give Vekoma a contract for their first hyper!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, LegendLover said:

I'd like that to be true, but I would have thought that they would go with a Funtime version to differentiate it some from Wonderland's Windseeker, but I guess the general public that is visiting Niagara Falls probably wouldn't care at all. 

I would've thought they'd go with the Funtime version to have a ride that actually works.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/