TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marineland Discussion Thread

What kind of updates would there be for Marineland?

Day 1: “Just got to Marineland! Any tips? I can’t wait to ride Dragon Mountain!”

Day 3: “I’m lost in the woods and still walking to Dragon Mountain. Please help me”.

In the past year, their original founder died, a major project was canceled, a ride was removed, a two million dollar water playground opened, and now a penguin encounter and two new rides have been confirmed.

Day 1: “Just got to Marineland! Any tips? I can’t wait to ride Dragon Mountain!”

Day 3: “I’m lost in the woods and still walking to Dragon Mountain. Please help me”.

Day 4: "I have found the queue for Dragon Mountain. It's really dark in here. Did I go to the right place, is this park even still open? I haven't seen anyone for days."

In all seriousness I have fond memories of Marineland from my childhood, but the only other parks I had visited at that point were Waldameer and Conneaut Lake Park

don't forget the question if there's a water fountain on the massive hike up the mountain for the drop tower.

Day 4: "I have found the queue for Dragon Mountain. It's really dark in here. Did I go to the right place, is this park even still open? I haven't seen anyone for days."

When I rode Dragon Mountain, I thought the lights were out due to a power outage or something. But nope that's just the norm in that queue line. Imagine having to wait through a long wait on that ride in complete darkness.

don't forget the question if there's a water fountain on the massive hike up the mountain for the drop tower.

The rest of my family gave up when they saw that hill and got pissed when they saw employee's zipping past us on golf carts.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.chch.com/how-marineland-is-coping-during-the-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR325pnxWyy8NvF93IiffvKf9NJPaZkkEkbrxz41io0aPg8ZmlSOZbaxL5U

The local news station just did a story about Marineland. In the story, they highlight a new bear cub that was born at Marineland and they also show off the new penguin enclosure. According to the park, the new enclosure cost three million dollars. From the look of the video clips, the enclosure takes the place of a previously unoccupied area of the Aquarium Dome. That is a great move by the park. Many people (including myself) always forget that the Aquarium Dome exists. I think it would be great if they reopen that café that is within that building now that it is bound to see more foot traffic.

Another thing to mention is that they say that it takes two million dollars a month to care for all the animals at Marineland, and as of right now, they haven't laid off any of their workers.

• 1 month later...

Amusement Insiders seems pretty convinced that the thrill ride that Marineland is planning to add for 2020 will be a Zierer Star Shape. I don't know who their source is, but it does make sense that this could be the thrill ride they are planning to debut. Half of the rides in the park are from Zierer. It would be incredible if this was their new ride!

If Marineland ever does add a new coaster in the future (which I think there is going to be a new one in the next five years), then I think there's a good chance that it will be a Tower Coaster form Zierer.

Amusement Insiders have a history of reliable rumors. If accurate, this seems like a great addition for Marineland. It's a spectacle to watch--just like the topple towers--but WAY more fun!

If there was an actual Marineland thread, I’d use it. I LOVE giving updates on stuff at parks people may have forgotten about.

Discussion threads get created when there are multiple news stories about the park that the people of TPR respond to. I highly recommend starting a new thread with Marineland in the title. Once I see real discussion out there a Discussion Thread is created. I'm talking about real news. If people start threads about a new lemonade stand, a bathroom being refurbished or a new cleaning service being hired, then I'm unlikely to create a Discussion Thread.

If there was an actual Marineland thread, I’d use it. I LOVE giving updates on stuff at parks people may have forgotten about.

Discussion threads get created when there are multiple news stories about the park that the people of TPR respond to. I highly recommend starting a new thread with Marineland in the title. Once I see real discussion out there a Discussion Thread is created. I'm talking about real news. If people start threads about a new lemonade stand, a bathroom being refurbished or a new cleaning service being hired, then I'm unlikely to create a Discussion Thread.

Sounds good! Assuming the park does announce their two new rides for 2020, I think that would be the perfect news to start a thread! They didn’t announce Polar Splash until June so I hope they still plan on announcing the two new rides.

Amusement Insiders have a history of reliable rumors. If accurate, this seems like a great addition for Marineland. It's a spectacle to watch--just like the topple towers--but WAY more fun!

If by fun, you mean barfarific.... then yes. Good lord

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

^ I rode the one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and it looks worse than it is, the ride experience was mostly pretty tame with the seat only completely flipping once or twice, a lot less intense than a Top Scan ride for sure.

Hopefully this will operate longer than their Topple Tower did.

And hopefully people will be able to find it within the park as I am sure that there won't be another ride located within a half mile of it.

The one at Blackpool was a particularly bad example (it ran very slowly), but despite this I still agree with Garet that they are not as bad as they look. I'm not a huge spin ride fan, but I do love the Star Shape and it's a shame there are not more of them.

Hopefully this will operate longer than their Topple Tower did.

And hopefully people will be able to find it within the park as I am sure that there won't be another ride located within a half mile of it.

it it's going where Topple Tower was? then it's literally across the walkway from Dragon Mountain

(and just up the "street" from the bear ride & Orca Teacups)

but yeah. .it's a long ass haul to get back over there from the front gates

IMG_4160.thumb.JPG.169838fd6ea792fc2b90615239d1aa9f.JPG

IMG_4161.thumb.JPG.8225e76742d68e2014421107a23a9cc5.JPG

IMG_4163a.thumb.JPG.4690bfd45bb65952a6a9fb1acddd1f92.JPG

The one at Blackpool was a particularly bad example (it ran very slowly), but despite this I still agree with Garet that they are not as bad as they look. I'm not a huge spin ride fan, but I do love the Star Shape and it's a shame there are not more of them.

Apparently it's going to Fantasy Island, whose old Top Scan used to run a pretty intense cycle, so hopefully they may run a better cycle with it than Blackpool did.

They could rent $50 Segways, electric go-carts, or golf carts and let you zip around between the attractions. People drive golf carts on a golf course. Shouldn't be much os a stretch to rent a 4 seat cart to a family with a cooler in the back for $50 and make some extra money. Add a 12-pack of soda cans for $24 or so. Sandwiches, salads, can/plastic bottled drinks, picnic food, etc.. Possibly don't even have to keep the restaurants in the park open on slow days.

I thought I heard something about them putting a train loop. . or doing shuttles.

I wonder if that ever happened?

whatever happened with the land they were clearing and working on for the Bird Expansion (that we saw when we were there in 2017). . .I know that plan didn't happen, but the land was already being cleared and worked on. . did anything go there?