TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Welcome to the new TPR Forum!

^ really stands out now.

(tho I was under the impression that if I were to "tag" someone, as I did in the original post that was used as an example), it would alert that person. . . so if you didn't get an alert?  it wasn't you tagged).

regardless, it really stands out in that green color!

Looks way more modern now!

I remembered seeing survey results have unintuitive coloring (which is a total niggle) when I took a gander earlier this week, but I looked just now, and it seems fine now, so one of your changes this week must have improved it.

31 minutes ago, aueft said:

I remembered seeing survey results have unintuitive coloring (which is a total niggle) when I took a gander earlier this week, but I looked just now, and it seems fine now, so one of your changes this week must have improved it.

Which thread was that in?  I'll check it out...

35 minutes ago, aueft said:

Ahh, I found it.  Yes, that must have changed when I changed the @robbalvey button color.  I made another change to make poll results AND username tags a bit easier to read!

11 minutes ago, The Great Zo said:

is there a way to save drafts like on the old forum?

So no.... not really. The editor will save your text if you browse away and then come back, like if you accidentally hit the "back" button or something.  But to do a proper "draft" you should probably edit in another program and then copy/paste into here.  The fact that it is much less tedious to insert and move around photos in this editor probably makes the post draft feature a little more redundant with this software. I think it would be pretty easy to paste in text that is formatted for where you want to insert the photos, and then just drag them in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robbalvey said:

So no.... not really. The editor will save your text if you browse away and then come back, like if you accidentally hit the "back" button or something.  But to do a proper "draft" you should probably edit in another program and then copy/paste into here.  The fact that it is much less tedious to insert and move around photos in this editor probably makes the post draft feature a little more redundant with this software. I think it would be pretty easy to paste in text that is formatted for where you want to insert the photos, and then just drag them in.

For my trip reports (since I tend to type a lot), I almost always created them in Word, and then copied over.
The only time I ever used the "save draft" was because it took so long to upload pics on the old version - 20 at a time.   So would save in between to make sure "internet Gremlins" didn't eat my post.

As you said, with the excellent new Drag/Drop option?   that's no longer going to be an issue.     So yeah, big thumbs up on the improvement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taylor Finn said:

For whatever reason, when I choose and upload files, some of them end up arriving incorrectly oriented. Is there a way to rotate photos when writing up a report?

Huh. Weird. Not that I’m aware of. But I can most certainly look into that. 

What kind of device are you uploading from?

^^ I had the same issue when I was doing the Dreamworks Water Park trip report. The photos were captured with an iPhone 8 Plus, and I'm using a MacBook Pro to type and upload. I ended up just manually editing and re-exporting all the photos on my side (and dropped them down to a 2000 pixel width as well).

I've seen this issue crop up from time to time elsewhere, and this website seems to indicate that it's because:
a) the original photo was taken with the iPhone being held "upside down" in landscape mode (ie, the volume buttons on the top, the power button on the bottom)
b) some things ignore the EXIF data stored inside the JPGs that is supposed to indicate the proper rotation of the photo.

Honestly I don't know if there's much that can be done to account for this on your end, Robb, it might just be something those of us uploading photos will have to individually adjust if it pops up again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robbalvey said:

Huh. Weird. Not that I’m aware of. But I can most certainly look into that. 

What kind of device are you uploading from?

Robb, I just downloaded photos from my Google Photos to my desktop of my laptop and uploaded from there (that's been my practice normally as my phone doesn't have much storage so I don' keep them on there). When I open the photos from my desktop, they all appear to be the correct orientation, but then they upload and some are not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor Finn said:

Robb, I just downloaded photos from my Google Photos to my desktop of my laptop and uploaded from there (that's been my practice normally as my phone doesn't have much storage so I don' keep them on there). When I open the photos from my desktop, they all appear to be the correct orientation, but then they upload and some are not.

So unfortunately, I can't seem to re-produce the problem.  I uploaded photos directly from my iPhone, one portrait and one landscaped, raw pics without any processing or any changes at all, and then I did the same with two photos from my desktop and they both worked fine.

I did some searching around and this seemed to have been an issue on the Invision forums in 2015 or so (about the same time when we had the issue on our old forum and there was a fix for it) but I haven't seen it be an issue lately.  

So I'm not sure how to fix it at the moment.

I'm really happy to see the new forum live, well done everyone for all the work you did to get it back online and the work you have done since. The ability to react to a post is really useful to me because there are so many times when I want to acknowledge a post but don't want to reply for the sake of replying. Also really happy the topic sub-title is back as that is a great way of seeing at a glance the latest news is within a topic, particularly parks I'm less familiar with and don't normally follow. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 3:07 PM, robbalvey said:

@Taylor Finn Yeah, so I even went back to raw photos from 2014 and I can't get it to happen either.  Sorry!  Not sure what I can do at this point!

hey Robb - in my TR I just posted, I had the same thing Taylor was talking about.

it ONLY seemed to effect photos that were taken via Selfie Camera (I have iPhone10).

I messed around with it for a long time, before finally figuring out that the way to get around it was to open on my desktop via Photo Editor, and "flip" the picture, and then "flip" it back to save.

by doing that, i was able to get my pics that had been appearing correctly on my phone/desktop, but uploading to the site upside-down - to now load to TPR with the correct orientation.

it's a few extra steps, but once i figured out the way around some of my pics uploading upside-down, it's all fine.      (again, the drag-n-drop option more than makes up for any extra steps needed to reorient *some* pictures for uploading).

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 2:27 AM, robbalvey said:

Whoever it was asking for the Topic subtitle with the "link" feature, that feature has now been added to the new forum!

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 1.35.00 AM.png

Thank you. This was really nice for the latest news on a park, especially when it's new and can get buried very easily behind many pages of reaction posts.

6 hours ago, bert425 said:

hey Robb - in my TR I just posted, I had the same thing Taylor was talking about.

it ONLY seemed to effect photos that were taken via Selfie Camera (I have iPhone10).

I messed around with it for a long time, before finally figuring out that the way to get around it was to open on my desktop via Photo Editor, and "flip" the picture, and then "flip" it back to save.

by doing that, i was able to get my pics that had been appearing correctly on my phone/desktop, but uploading to the site upside-down - to now load to TPR with the correct orientation.

it's a few extra steps, but once i figured out the way around some of my pics uploading upside-down, it's all fine.      (again, the drag-n-drop option more than makes up for any extra steps needed to reorient *some* pictures for uploading).

Let me try something... 

14FE8965-B6C9-48C3-88A0-3F33D885484A.jpeg

45B0F7BA-CF82-4510-988F-413216A2AF45.jpeg

058C463F-0BBD-4750-8AA5-DAC02E76231B.jpeg

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do.... those three photos above were:

1. Normal camera phone held correctly.

2. Normal camera phone held upside down

3. Selfie camera.

I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro.

I can't seem to reproduce the photo orientation incorrectly problem.

I wish I could do more about this, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

2 minutes ago, robbalvey said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do.... those three photos above were:

1. Normal camera phone held correctly.

2. Normal camera phone held upside down

3. Selfie camera.

I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro.

I can't seem to reproduce the photo orientation incorrectly problem.

I wish I could do more about this, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

oh, no worries!   Was just letting you know that I saw the same thing from the other day.

once I found the "fix" - and I repeated it with every pic that had uploaded incorrectly, then just dropped the "fixed" images in place of the wrongly oriented one.

so there's a workaround on the Poster's end (at least workaround for me). . so I'm not concerned.   Was just letting ya know!

• Like 2