TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Welcome to the new TPR Forum!

just to show example:

Both of these picss are showing correct orientation on my iPhone, and on my desktop - since I move pics over to do TRs on my desktop system (my preferred TPR platform).

the top one is an untouched pic

the bottom one was opened via Photo Editor, opened the Crop/Rotate option, and "flipped" the pic to reverse it. .then flipped it back and saved as the same name.  and that one loaded fine.

so there's a way around it for me, but just to give the example :)

Test2.thumb.JPG.8a01b0dcd8dae3e56cfcdb6b3fba03f7.JPG

BKWI2284.thumb.JPG.7d4fac568c34537543ba589e34cf4e80.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bert425 said:

just to show example:

Both of these picss are showing correct orientation on my iPhone, and on my desktop - since I move pics over to do TRs on my desktop system (my preferred TPR platform).

the top one is an untouched pic

the bottom one was opened via Photo Editor, opened the Crop/Rotate option, and "flipped" the pic to reverse it. .then flipped it back and saved as the same name.  and that one loaded fine.

so there's a way around it for me, but just to give the example :)

Test2.thumb.JPG.8a01b0dcd8dae3e56cfcdb6b3fba03f7.JPG

BKWI2284.thumb.JPG.7d4fac568c34537543ba589e34cf4e80.JPG

I had the exact same issue with my latest trip report from Tripsdrill which I did on the old forums. I shot my pics with my Nexus 3XL. Some (!) untouched pics were upside down. If I opened them with paint, did nothing else but saving them again directly, they were displayed correct. I haven't done my trip report from Holiday Park last week, but I'll have a look if it happens here again.
It looks to me more like a problem with how the phone cameras are saving the pics and not with the forum software itself.

• Like 1

^ That is correct and somewhat annoying. Being a web developer, I've come across this on many websites I've worked on.

Long story short, within JPG files there is a EXIF data flag for "orientation" which are values 1-8, the common values being 1 (no rotation), 3 (rotated 180°), 6 (rotated 90°) and 8 (rotated -90°). Essentially your camera (and it's sensors) always take photos in one static direction, but based on the accelerometer in the device it will flag it for orientation differences.

Some image programs naturally observe this and display it in it's intended orientation when viewed on screen, but browsers (and web applications), typically show it in the original form without checking against the flag.

Easiest way to rectify this is (by the user) usually opening the images in a photo editor which usually will interpret the flag and show it to you correctly and when you save/re-save the image, it will save it in the way it is displayed on your screen with the orientation flag set to "1" by default.

It can be handled on the server end by checking the file and manipulating it on upload, but I'm not entirely sure how Invision board uploads are handled, but I assume there is either a plugin or add-on that exists for it, or it could be updated manually. Willing to help if it's at all desired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Haven't had much time to explore the new format, but I can see ALL THE EFFORT THAT WENT INTO IT!   Thanks a million, Robb,  (and to any 'elves' that may have assisted you).  🧙‍♀️🧙‍♂️  I hope to get started ASAP to begin my explorations of 'TPR 101.'  🕵️‍♀️

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.627719234c9066a2d0ecad335fc31510.png

image.thumb.png.0e44a0a348fe8fb77b1ae2d58630c1a1.png

Bit of a random issue and easily worked around by using the main forum so wasn't sure if you wanted it reported but just in case... I've noticed some threads that I posted in, don't show up in the 'content I posted in' activity thread. I thought it might be the date so I changed it from last 365 days to anytime but they still don't show up.

Granted the example here is Marineland so I'm probably not missing much skipping over it.

The only thing I'm "missing" is the link back to the front page (when I click on the TPR logo at the top of the page, it brings me the forums still - the old page used to bring me back to TPR front page, so could check out recommended posts, and see the active twitter feed).

minor issue - as I simply bookmarked TPR front page in addition to the forums.     But just noting it.

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

The only thing I'm "missing" is the link back to the front page (when I click on the TPR logo at the top of the page, it brings me the forums still - the old page used to bring me back to TPR front page, so could check out recommended posts, and see the active twitter feed).

Yeah, sorry... this was by design.  We found that more people needed to get back to the forum home than the front page home, so that's why the top logo links back top the forum home.  As mentioned above, there is now the link to the TPR Home Page that should appear on ever page of the forum.

Also, if you're in the forum home, at least on the desktop version, we have put the most recent Twitter feed as there as well. Scroll down a bit on this page: https://themeparkreview.com/forum/

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but I had the same problem with rotating pictures and might have a little easier way than using editors or paint. So posting here in case this helps anyone.

So same photos, from same camera. I did my first TR and rotated a bunch of photos and it was perfect, no problem. But this time sorting pictures for my second TR I encountered the rotation problem and I couldn't work out why so I thought back to how I made the earlier TR. I think when you just rotate a photo manually by right clicking or just using ctrl+r or the rotate button it causes the error. You have to actually force Windows to re-save the photo for the forums to recognize the rotation properly. 

I know most people have been using paint or editors to get around the problem but it can be done just through windows photos, you just have to do the extra click to force the photos to save again for the forums, Windows just rotating them won't be recognized.

P1200070.thumb.JPG.99182b50048d448573d21bfbcc49694a.JPG

This picture is straight from the camera.

P1200070.thumb.JPG.f821d240486e72a227181c2883a9c1b8.JPG

This one was from right clicking it and clicking 'rotate right'. No re-saving the photo It looks fine in the folder and on my screen but on the forum it instead has been mirrored.

P1200070.thumb.JPG.26a47c11e2b6f2a7f2a5e796d2a52dc7.JPG

Opening the original photo on windows, so the photos app, and clicking rotate gave same result, So did pressing ctrl+r. Both look fine in folder and on screen but flipped in the forums. Photo wasn't resaved.

P1200070.thumb.JPG.8ff02acd059d7c5d18c99c6c56873317.JPG

This time I remembered from my older TR's I was using the edit and create button on photos so I rotated and clicked using the save a copy button (or just clicking the littler arrow next to it and using save) and overwriting the file there. This time TPR recognizes the file and it's orientated correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1