TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Welcome to the new TPR Forum!

6 minutes ago, The Great Zo said:

The old forum software had that weird thing where the body of the post and the photo section were kind of separate entities, and arranging the post exactly the way you wanted it was awkward, especially if you wanted a few photos mixed in throughout the post. That is all much easier with the update -- just put the pictures and text wherever you want them.

The old software also resized photos down to a width of 1200 pixels, and the new software keeps the dimensions larger. Just testing this out with a picture from an upcoming TR, totally unedited -- and the forum kept it a at 2400 width. Not that I'll use anything that big, but another big plus to the upgrade that it'll keep some larger image dimensions intact.

Yes, exactly.  I think mainly because the photo section of the old forum was a mod that we later added and then had re-written.  This one is fully integrated.  Also, as far as photo size goes, I chose 2,400 on purpose.  Figured that would be a good size. But your original photo should be uploaded to an unlimited size if you click on it.  I thought that would be super handy for people uploading higher res pictures.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Garet said:

Will the park index be retired since the forum move broke most of the pictures? Curious before I head out to a Korean park later this week that could use an update.

All of the Park Index photo issues should now be resolved. 

• Like 1

First impressions: Ugh, we waited weeks for *this look?*

But after playing with it for a day or two, I sorta like it. It's... bigger. And just cleaner. I miss the... charm, I guess, of the old site, but that'll probably go away with time and ironing out the kinks.

Speaking of kinks to iron out... there used to be a subsection of sorts for a thread with the last piece of "news" of that thread in the forum itself. Any thoughts or plans on this part finding its way back?

9 hours ago, robbalvey said:

All of the Park Index photo issues should now be resolved. 

Thanks, for your hard work. Some of the links were still broken but I think it's for a certain time period. We were originally planning to go to Gyeongju World so I checked that one out and the 3 new rides Draken, Klake and Dragon Race were broken although probably not heading that way anymore because my son decided he really wants Seoul Land now because he saw it on YouTube. Tried some random parks elsewhere and all seems good. I think only other random one I spotted as an example was Hyperion at Energylandia.

Also, while I was looking at Gyeongju World I noticed this was listed underneath,

Hack.png

The update looks really good, thanks for all the efforts.  The usability features that were added should make it a much better site, especially for mobile.  Let's hope in 2021 more parks get to open so people have a reason to post and use the new features.  Change is hard sometimes though. I like everything so far except  I miss the old SharkTums avatar.  Should have left that 'old school'. ;) 

One underrated update that I'm LOVING is the new "Expand" option for quotes within posts. Gone are the days of having to scroll past huge quote dumps in order to get to the new comment. Makes it flow so much better!

I'm really loving the updates! 

3 hours ago, Garet said:

Thanks, for your hard work. Some of the links were still broken but I think it's for a certain time period. We were originally planning to go to Gyeongju World so I checked that one out and the 3 new rides Draken, Klake and Dragon Race were broken although probably not heading that way anymore because my son decided he really wants Seoul Land now because he saw it on YouTube. Tried some random parks elsewhere and all seems good. I think only other random one I spotted as an example was Hyperion at Energylandia.

Also, while I was looking at Gyeongju World I noticed this was listed underneath,

FIXED!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, michaellynn4 said:

One underrated update that I'm LOVING is the new "Expand" option for quotes within posts. Gone are the days of having to scroll past huge quote dumps in order to get to the new comment. Makes it flow so much better!

There's honestly a ton of "little features" like that all over the place that I love with the new forum. It's overall just a more "professional" piece of software and it shows!

• Like 1

A lot of people have also been asking about ways to see "latest posts" in a thread.  Here's another interesting feature added to the forum....

943425454_ScreenShot2020-10-14at12_43_18PM.png.667e6c93ab512b2b208d3689d6549486.png

If you hover your pointer over the topic title, a box will appear that gives you a preview of the latest post. Obviously this is desktop only but it works great!

If you find other interesting features of the forum that you really like, please post them in here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Yes, I love this as well. The new software is obviously a huge upgrade and it has a ton of features. The time spent upgrading was well worth it. Also want to commend the staff for being so responsive to questions and (reasonable) fixes being asked for here.

• Like 1

I swear I didn't do anything with this site. But now I find my posts are "skipping a line", like here. And I have no idea what I did, to cause this. Or how to correct it. Help?

EDIT: Sorry Robb. I think I just figured out what was going on. The ENTER key auto-makes a new paragraph. Nothing more or less. :oops:

I like the feature that gives you a little "three months later" or whatever when there's a bunch of time between posts in a thread... Kinda gives you an interesting view into how COVID has affected the amount of posting in individual park threads.

• Like 1

I honestly don't have any complaints or suggestions, I just came here to say great job! I'm sure it was a TON of work but it looks great and it hasn't been too difficult to navigate. From what I've seen so far, there are way more features with the new forum and it's way more user friendly! I've been using the old forum since... 2007? And I usually don't like it when social media platforms change but I think this will be much, much better. The old methods made making TRs SUPERRR tedious but I think the new method will be a LOT easier! I'm excited to try it out!

Edit: Actually, my one personal complaint is that my screen name is on two lines and everyone else's is on one. I guess it's just slightly too long with the new font. Is there anything we can do to make my screen name fit on one line? 

What I think I like best is being able to see all of the Unread content across all the threads as opposed to seeing your activity  on the  old forum an d  only seeing threads you actually commented on or followed. This lets you see all the awesomely gooiness of TPR.