TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Welcome to the new TPR Forum!

4 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

So with post titles we see bolded titles for threads with new posts and non-bolded for no new activity since last visit, same as the old forum.  However, the old forum was a lot more noticeable, for some reason.  Maybe it's the color, maybe it's a slight font size change, I dunno, but differentiating between threads with or without activity is a bit of a pain currently.  Is there a way to change the color of threads with no new activity?  Light blue to slightly darker blue or purple?

The threads with new activity also have the stars or circles to the left of the title highlighted... 

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.28.30 PM.png

^ Yeah, I saw that brought up earlier in the thread.  It's a nice feature that I've seen used before in similar ways but my "muscle memory," so to speak, for the forum was looking at titles rather than symbols.  I'll get used to it!

5 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

^ Yeah, I saw that brought up earlier in the thread.  It's a nice feature that I've seen used before in similar ways but my "muscle memory," so to speak, for the forum was looking at titles rather than symbols.  I'll get used to it!

Remember that there are now multiple theme options you can choose from.  The "light" theme seems to have the option you're looking for:

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.38.52 PM.png

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

So with post titles we see bolded titles for threads with new posts and non-bolded for no new activity since last visit, same as the old forum.  However, the old forum was a lot more noticeable, for some reason.  Maybe it's the color, maybe it's a slight font size change, I dunno, but differentiating between threads with or without activity is a bit of a pain currently.  Is there a way to change the color of threads with no new activity?  Light blue to slightly darker blue or purple?

Also, I just went back and looked at the old forum, and there wasn't any difference in text at all between a read and unread topic.  It was just the icon next to them.  I've now changed the color of the star or circle to make it stand out a bit more. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do...

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.44.51 PM.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, robbalvey said:

Remember that there are now multiple theme options you can choose from.  The "light" theme seems to have the option you're looking for:

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.38.52 PM.png

I'm glad you mentioned this!   I figured there were settings to not have the forum look so "dark". . but I've had no luck finding where "themes" are to adjust.

can you advise where to go to change theme?

Also, I would probably not choose "Deflection" as that is a theme I was messing around with and it will most likely go away. I want to stick to just a "light" and "dark" theme because anything change I do to one theme, I have to do to the other, and I don't want to have to keep updating multiple themes.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add more positivity here because we could all use a little more positivity this year.

The updated forum looks great! Of course it will require me to change a few habits here and there and that will take some getting used to, but this is a really nice change. And it looks so much better on mobile. Thanks for the update!

I'll admit that I'm one of those "change for the sake of change of alone is bad" people, but if this improves the experience for mobile users that's a win.

One question - in the old forum, the thread/post title would appear above every post.  Now, it's just at the top of the page.  Any way to restore the old way?

Maybe I missed it but one thing I liked about the old forums notification system was I'd get an email that somene had replied in a thread but it wouldn't email me again until I had opened that thread/caught up. The new forums has get an email every time someone posts or once a week/day for emails and notifications but I can't find an option similar to one email per thread visit like the old ones.

I loaded a photo up, into a thread (Efteling Park). And previewed it ahead of posting it. But I found I couldn't caption the photo. So I just posted the photo anyway. But, is there something I'm missing about photos and putting captions under them? Thanks in advance for any help in this. ☺️

2 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

I'll admit that I'm one of those "change for the sake of change of alone is bad" people, but if this improves the experience for mobile users that's a win.

Wow.  Thanks.  I only spent the past six months working on this with the exact attention to detail of making this update **NOT** be "change for the sake of change" and having all the changes be purposeful and useful.  🙄

2 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

One question - in the old forum, the thread/post title would appear above every post.  Now, it's just at the top of the page.  Any way to restore the old way?

You mean that pointless and redundant title that kept repeating over and over again like as though to remind people what thread they clicked on because they were too stupid to remember?

1682918153_whythefuckwouldanyonemissthiscopy.jpg.dd1ee5fbb3144f720a63eeb6cb0df9c7.jpg

Honestly, if your one complaint about the new forum is "I miss the redundant repeating title that shows up over and over and over again on each post" then I guess we can pat ourselves on the back with JOB WELL DONE!  😀

1 minute ago, Nrthwnd said:

I loaded a photo up, into a thread (Efteling Park). And previewed it ahead of posting it. But I found I couldn't caption the photo. So I just posted the photo anyway. But, is there something I'm missing about photos and putting captions under them? Thanks in advance for any help in this. ☺️

You just drag the photo and an add a caption.

Like this....

IMG_E7210.thumb.JPG.e2692f41bdda53be2d6c666bc95ffb18.JPG

Hi. I'm a photo that was dragged in and I'm a caption that was written.  This isn't rocket science. 

25 minutes ago, Garet said:

Maybe I missed it but one thing I liked about the old forums notification system was I'd get an email that somene had replied in a thread but it wouldn't email me again until I had opened that thread/caught up. The new forums has get an email every time someone posts or once a week/day for emails and notifications but I can't find an option similar to one email per thread visit like the old ones.

Like this?

2053653942_changefollow1.jpg.fd3f9d0aa85002770e9a03aa40f26085.jpg

52708034_changefollow2.jpg.3fedc4e7059cafdf0cd2296f57340a53.jpg

117202795_changefollow3.thumb.jpg.91e5a17bcf877dc2175245cb484410f0.jpg

• Like 1

Here are two different ways to add a photo and write a caption. It's so insanely easy.  Anyone who can't figure it out has to be overthinking it...

From your desktop, you can literally just drag in a photo into your post, and then write a caption under or above it.  Or from your mobile phone or from your desktop folders, you just "choose file...", upload it, and then click the little + to add it to the post, and write your caption where you want it to go.

This is such a HUGE upgrade from the old forum. Sorry, but I just cannot imagine anyone complaining or having trouble with this... or missing that old, awful, confusing way to upload and post photos.

• Like 1

The old forum software had that weird thing where the body of the post and the photo section were kind of separate entities, and arranging the post exactly the way you wanted it was awkward, especially if you wanted a few photos mixed in throughout the post. That is all much easier with the update -- just put the pictures and text wherever you want them.

The old software also resized photos down to a width of 1200 pixels, and the new software keeps the dimensions larger. Just testing this out with a picture from an upcoming TR, totally unedited -- and the forum kept it a at 2400 width. Not that I'll use anything that big, but another big plus to the upgrade that it'll keep some larger image dimensions intact.

20200920_1738_full.thumb.JPG.631894f91d0d4c1b031d5633f0ef0c26.JPG

• Like 3