TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Welcome to the new TPR Forum!

I think the word/phrase censor might be messing up? Here's a message from my inbox showing that the l**ker censor is happening with the combo of l and s together (the image has been edited to take out the meat/content of the message).

1733852975_FireShotCapture092-Thankyou-themeparkreview_com.png.5edbc666f94983883634bb8314448619.png

Test for outside the inbox: e-mails tinaalsgirl

EDIT: Ok, the test shows it isn't happening. So maybe it was a glitch that was happening when I sent the message back in April 2017 (and I just realized it was on April 1, so maybe the censor was changed for April Fools? I honestly cannot remember)

2 minutes ago, tinaalsgirl said:

I think the word/phrase censor might be messing up? Here's a message from my inbox showing that the l**ker censor is happening with the combo of a and l together (the image has been edited to take out the meat/content of the message).

1733852975_FireShotCapture092-Thankyou-themeparkreview_com.png.5edbc666f94983883634bb8314448619.png

Test for outside the inbox: e-mails tinaalsgirl

Yeah, I think the word filter basically just didn't really take private messages into consideration.  Honestly, I'd just ignore anything written in the PM boxes prior to the changeover. 

1 hour ago, dankeykang said:

The new forum looks great.  One question - is there a way to hide the "About Me" section if it is empty?  I don't think it shows on mobile but it does stay showing on the desktop version...

aboutme.thumb.PNG.66f184f34bc7ae60c38d5209084da48e.PNG

I'm not sure why it's showing up for you as it's not showing up for anyone else.  Could it possibly be that you have some empty text in there?  Like did you hit space or something and then click submit so it thinks there is some data in that field?

2 minutes ago, robbalvey said:

I'm not sure why it's showing up for you as it's not showing up for anyone else.  Could it possibly be that you have some empty text in there?  Like did you hit space or something and then click submit so it thinks there is some data in that field?

Yep, that's exactly what happened.  I just edited some empty space out of your profile and now it doesn't show up anymore... 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.05.27 PM.png

11 hours ago, Johnlloyd said:

Thanks Robb! After a bit of exploring, I was also able to find all the topics I have responded to by selecting 'My Activity Streams' followed by 'Content Posted In' under the Activity tab on the menu bar of the forums. It's nice to see there are two ways to find the topics I am most active in on the forums. :)

I was playing around with this and adjusted the settings slightly on my end to get it more like the old "View Your Posts" on the previous version of the forum. If you start from the "Content I Posted In" activity stream, then change "Read Status" to "Everything", and view from "Expanded" to "Condensed", it ends up looking a lot like the previous style's list of topics. Then, you can also save that as a new stream (in my case, I named it "Latest Replies") and set it as your default stream, so when you look in the upper right hand corner of your screen and see the little newspaper icon, that'll be a one-click jump to see all the latest relative content.

Here's a screenshot of my settings if you want to try and duplicate it for yourself, and a little bit of what the feed looks like for an example:

23275228_ScreenShot2020-10-13at7_44_11AM.thumb.png.5350d73cbe42a90c6b31d5d2df1dc358.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garet said:

Will the park index be retired since the forum move broke most of the pictures? Curious before I head out to a Korean park later this week that could use an update.

I hope not! But would understand if so.

My question is a simple one. Once on the Forum, is there a way to return to the home page of the site (ie- themeparkreview.com)? When I press home once on the forum or the big icon at the top, I just get sent to the forum home page. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with how everything looks so far! Thank you.

12 hours ago, robbalvey said:

Yep, that's exactly what happened.  I just edited some empty space out of your profile and now it doesn't show up anymore... 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.05.27 PM.png

Interesting... the About Me section was originally showing as a required field when I went to edit my profile, so I did have to put some spaces in there in order for the other updates to Location and Gender to go through.  So you were right, it wasn't technically "empty."  But now it's showing as not a required field - thanks for updating!

3 hours ago, Garet said:

Will the park index be retired since the forum move broke most of the pictures? Curious before I head out to a Korean park later this week that could use an update.

Not at all! Anything broken in the park index should be fixed very soon! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Interesting... the About Me section was originally showing as a required field when I went to edit my profile, so I did have to put some spaces in there in order for the other updates to Location and Gender to go through.  So you were right, it wasn't technically "empty."  But now it's showing as not a required field - thanks for updating!

Ahhh! You probably caught it in the couple of minutes I was making changes.  Sorry! 

Woo modernity! Kudos for tackling the big task. Certainly looks nice and sexy and I can't wait to try it on the phone! I am so damn slow and stupid with technology so I'll need some time to figure things out, like why can't I find where to edit my signature lol and I need to dig up my long time used MForce profile photo, but love the changes! 

So with post titles we see bolded titles for threads with new posts and non-bolded for no new activity since last visit, same as the old forum.  However, the old forum was a lot more noticeable, for some reason.  Maybe it's the color, maybe it's a slight font size change, I dunno, but differentiating between threads with or without activity is a bit of a pain currently.  Is there a way to change the color of threads with no new activity?  Light blue to slightly darker blue or purple?