TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Welcome to the new TPR Forum!

Would you believe it?  After 15 years of the TPR forum being online, we finally updated it!!! :lol:

We hope many of you will love the more streamlined look, improved functionality, and new features.  And I'm sure some of you will hate, because... "change" but, hey... that's okay, too!

This is also the thread to use to report things not working or not working correctly.  With 15 years worth of content, it is impossible to check and test every little corner of the forum, so if you find something that doesn't seem right, please report it here.  

So why did we make the change?

Mostly due to the fact that the old forum we were using was pretty outdated, and even though there were some updates available for that software, it really is more of a "free" open source base of code, and we wanted to switch to something a bit more "professional" with a proper support staff.  It's a change we've wanted to do for a while, but never really found a good timing for it.

So here are some of the new features to check out...

Much better Mobile View!
With about 85% of our traffic now coming from mobile devices, we needed a forum that would look and feel better on your phone. 

390174051_121038102_389714668856219_3187705129646145931_ncopy.thumb.jpg.dc76faa1f2780b82fbaa5604729582bc.jpg

Easier to add photos!
Either from your phone or from your desktop, you can now quickly upload photos to a post!  Much like you would on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!  You can even drag a photo from your desktop right into the place you want it to appear in your post!  That's what I did here...

121491458_664302847804898_984567416003440502_n.thumb.jpg.68fae63d45e9c5b6c296257189b89d4e.jpg

604494296_ScreenShot2020-10-11at2_35_21PM.png.cddfeb4137be59cd90c4e4c2b86796b6.png

"LIKE" a post!
This is a feature long overdue and something people have been asking us to add for years!  Now it's easy to "LIKE" and react to a post!  But please do not let that stop you from also adding your own reply! Replies are what helps keeps the forum alive!

896946464_ScreenShot2020-10-11at2_37_55PM.png.d73be995e01e5d955f88cca143f635d6.png

Import VIDEO into a post!
Yes! You can now add video clips to your trip reports!  However, while you can now import video, we do ask that you keep it to shorter clips, no more than 5 minutes.  Please don't post full length movies!  Embed YouTube videos instead!

Overall, this updated forum will add a lot of new functionality, ease of use, and better browsing. We hope you all like it, and please let us know if you find anything that doesn't work right! 

I will continue to update this thread with new features we highlight! This would be a great time for you to click that "follow" button on the top of the page so you can get notifications for when we update this post!

Thanks again for your support!!! :b

:nina:

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

• robbalvey locked and unlocked this topic

Oh, I did forget to mention... one thing that did not make the cut are avatars. You may find your avatar missing or outdated. Please just upload a new one if yours is missing. 

Thank you!

Thank U Laughing GIF by Pusheen

(oh yeah, you can now add gifs to your posts right from the posting toolbar!) 😂

• Like 2

Really like the updates that I've played around with thus far, Robb.

I don't really do much on my phone, and tend to mainly come to TPR on my Desktop, but the changes look great on that system.

A little bit of learning curve for me (I be dum with the computery stuff :p )  but hell, if I can figure out how to quote and insert stuff?  Then pretty much anyone should be able to.

The only thing that's been "hinky" for me that I've noticed thus far?  When quoting a post that
contains a quoted post?   I seem to lose the original post that was included and only see the response from the 2nd person.   

but that absolutely is likely a user error on my part.  

Will continue experimenting and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong there.

but my feedback thus far?

Excited Pizza GIF

• Like 2

Love the new update! I just uploaded my profile pic and profile header from my iPad's camera roll with ease. Wonderful!

Thank you for all the time and effort you (and everyone else involved) put into the forum. I will admit I was starting to go a little crazy not checking TPR like it's the morning news for the past couple weeks. And let's admit, reading TPR is MUCH more pleasant than the news!

Looking forward to posting again!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bert425 said:

The only thing that's been "hinky" for me that I've noticed thus far?  When quoting a post that contains a quoted post?   I seem to lose the original post that was included and only see the response from the 2nd person.   

So yeah, that's one of the learning curves that will be different.  This forum has a "multi-quote" function, which basically means if you want to quote more than one post, you click the little + at the bottom of each post:

112406398_ScreenShot2020-10-12at11_38_00AM.png.da1eae38b65d0e6e0fe1271603ac1e4d.png

And then when you have selected all the posts you want to add to your quote, you click the "Quote # posts..." button that appears on the bottom of the screen:

176734526_ScreenShot2020-10-12at11_36_42AM.png.1d4fe19d8a78edb0cfabd999a2034ef0.png

The main reason for this method is so you don't get posts that have quoted 20 people and wind up with some GIANT thread with tons of previous posts.  So now you're only quoting exactly what you want to comment on.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Liking the new mobile look! Honestly haven't used a pc for web browsing in years... I'll have to try out the main site some day 😂

Feels strange though.. I've been following this site since 06 or 07? Jeez, I know I was in middle school. The old design was nastalgic for sure! 

Great to be back!

Will there be any support for tappatalk moving forward? I know you display ads to get revenue to keep the site up and running, but it is my understanding that you can also display ads through there, too. Also, as a pro member or whatever they call it, supposedly they give revenue back to the forums you visit as well. I don't know how true any of that is.

I have no problem visiting the mobile site, it looks very clean and put together and love the new features, but was just wondering if you were considering that at all or what the negatives of doing so are.

Thanks for getting this back up and running!

I haven't had the chance to try it from a desktop yet, but the interface is much better from mobile than it was previously.

It was much easier to add photos from mobile.  The only thing I noticed so far is that it gives you the option to select multiple photos when you click "Add Files" but it would only upload one of those files.  I would have to click "Add Files" multiple times to upload each photo one at a time.

1 minute ago, Canobie Coaster said:

The only thing I noticed so far is that it gives you the option to select multiple photos when you click "Add Files" but it would only upload one of those files.  I would have to click "Add Files" multiple times to upload each photo one at a time.

Huh... I just tried it out on the most recent version of iOS & Safari and it uploaded both photos. What mobile browser are you using? 
976ECB64-E60B-40B0-BA88-A94D547B4EB7.thumb.jpeg.1da28fe4ba0d90996609fc67bce0ac86.jpeg

4B5C3E93-5CAB-45A5-BFD3-8241A14171A9.jpeg

A679883A-0520-4205-81F2-5920981A2B6C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, robbalvey said:

Huh... I just tried it out on the most recent version of iOS & Safari and it uploaded both photos. What mobile browser are you using? 
976ECB64-E60B-40B0-BA88-A94D547B4EB7.thumb.jpeg.1da28fe4ba0d90996609fc67bce0ac86.jpeg

4B5C3E93-5CAB-45A5-BFD3-8241A14171A9.jpeg

A679883A-0520-4205-81F2-5920981A2B6C.jpeg

I'm using a Google Pixel (original one) on Chrome.  I was not able to upload multiple photos from my mobile device at once on the old forum either.  The difference with the new forum is that I can select multiple photos (and then only one uploads) while the old version only let me select one at a time.

It sounds like it may be my phone/browser.  Usually I post reports from my desktop and that interface has never given me issues.

21 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

I'm using a Google Pixel (original one) on Chrome.  I was not able to upload multiple photos from my mobile device at once on the old forum either.  The difference with the new forum is that I can select multiple photos (and then only one uploads) while the old version only let me select one at a time.

It sounds like it may be my phone/browser.  Usually I post reports from my desktop and that interface has never given me issues.

Must be. I just tried in Chrome on iOS and both files uploaded...

068C1958-96FF-4C87-A0FF-FDE04EC9D2C6.thumb.jpeg.d575f2a48241032cf7955c56f5971c39.jpeg

DEC5299D-1142-4279-ACBC-4F224414B368.jpeg

0DE19752-16E1-4513-BE99-336A4FAF6599.jpeg

7 hours ago, robbalvey said:

Oh, I did forget to mention... one thing that did not make the cut are avatars. You may find your avatar missing or outdated. Please just upload a new one if yours is missing. 

Alright, so I just had to hunt for my beloved Manatee gif and then resize it, but I'm on Firefox and it's a still image instead of the gif I uploaded.  Any help?

Everything else is aces, though, ESPECIALLY mobile.  Tapatalk was a friggin joke.

• Like 1