TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Ride makes you Nervous the Most?

I rode a huge ferris wheel at Everland in South Korea, it was real rusty and shaky plus it was raining and windy. The thing was cracking and it really did feel like that it would fall over at any moment. I could see them calling my wife back in America and telling her that I died on a ferris wheel. Finally I got off and refused to even go close to it again.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both woodies at Camden Park in West Virginia...it's honestly shocking that those things are both still standing! Size and speed really doesn't scare me, but the anticipation provides the rush.

I'm sure Voyage will be the new-to-me ride this year where I'll be psyched up as I'm traveling the lift. I'm so lucky I'll be moving within a few hours of the park! I'm joining ACE for the discounted season pass there and discounts at PKI and IB as well.

-Bryan "St. Paris, Ohio here I come" Wood

I dont get freaked. I just jump on. Now the super tall waterslides are a whole other story. Also the skycoasters and slingshot (the two at the hilton hotel in reno are the best Ive been on) those just freak me out, but I just love ridding them.

• 3 years later...

I used to get nervous and psyched out on plenty of rides. Nowadays I'm usually just like, "Is this scary?...No." It's a few moments of apprehension before I realize that what I'm about to experience is excitement, not fear.

I used to be particularly afraid of Ferris wheels, skyrides/ski lifts/gondolas, coasters, and drop towers. Of those, I would say that skyrides still make me a bit nervous. I'm not sure about Ferris wheels anymore, but I seem to be able to handle coasters and tower rides now.

I'm on the lookout for the rides that will really scare me even now, and my guess is those will be the rides on top of the Stratosphere tower, plus some of the really tall and/or wild coasters out there (maybe X2? TTD? MF? I've been underwhelmed before, so I won't know until I try!)

Defenitely Skycoasters. Getting pulled up the tower for the first time was one of the scariest moments for me. I kept thinking the cable would snap and I would fall to my death. However, after riding I loved it, and now I'm addicted.

Perilous Plunge at KBF. I get nervous every time.

Freefall (rip!) at SFMM.

Drop towers don't do it to me, I get more nervous on the elevator in the Sky Tower at SFMM. Something about large manmade objects at a high elevation freaks me out. Dams, for example also scare the crap out of me. I dunno.

Chris.