TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Ride makes you Nervous the Most?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enterprises scare the hell out of me.. that ururukBANG a it goes around.. as well as the Flying Bobs.. anything supporting my weight on _one_ pin at each end.

The Scrambler at Knoebel's is kinda nervewracking for me too.. you can bait the operator into cranking it up a few clicks by looking really really BORED when you are on it. (helps if you have a cackling 11 year old gleefully slamming into you on each revolution).

This guy kept grinning and notching it up until the entire ride (we were the only ones on it) felt like it was "hopping" to one side when we'd hit the outside turn.. and the "slam" was both lound and painful.

It was fun after I got off.. but somewhat nerve-wracking while I was on it.

Maeryk

High Roller on top of the Stratosphere tower is creepy; doesn't seem like much of a ride but feels twice as fast and way closer to the edge than it really is, especially at night. It doesn't help that the trains ride crappy and wheel assemblies don't look as significant as a B&M or Intamin. If you watch the ride while on the observation deck you'll notice the track bends quite a bit and is allowed to move on the saddles a bit using shift plates. Everything else up there is scary too; all you can think about is what if something breaks; it's a long way down.

Magnum XL 200 has left me a bit disturbed...for life.

When I first rode it in 1989, I hadn't been on many large coasters up to that point. Kennywood is my home park so the largest coaster I had been on was the Laser Loop (a Schwartzkopf flywheel shuttle loop.) My experience on Gemini the year before was a bit terrifying going up the lift hill, but Maggie took me to an all new level of fear.

This was the first (and only) time in my life that I was absolutely convinced that I would fall out and die on a coaster. I was there on my school's picnic trip to CP and I was riding Maggie for the first time with a rather chubby kid named, hhmmm, let's call him Berkeley. When it was our turn to board the train, I was too nervous to go first, so I let Berkeley in and I followed. As soon as I sat in my seat (I forget which train/ car it was) I thought I would pee myself. I thought to myself that the sides of the car were too low. I wanted to sit way, way down in the seat, I wanted to sit in a bucket. Somehow I managed to downplay my fear (or so I thought) but that would all change soon.

Out of the station we go, and we begin to take our minute-long trek up the lift.

Do you know how your mind tends to exaggerate things when you're scared shizzle-less? Well, I could've sworn we were already 200 feet up after the first 5 seconds. I kept looking over (as opposed to down and back) at Gemini in disbelief--that was the only thing that kept me sane enough to realize that we weren't that high up yet, but clammy with the anticipation of what it will look like when we get closer to the top. I tried all kinds of ways to brace myself between Berkeley and the side of the car. I just knew Berkely would call me names and laugh at me for being such a chicken, but he hardly paid me any attention: he was scared stiff!

When we got to the top, I could've sworn we were soo close to being in outer space. I had never been in an airplane at the time, so I had nothing to compare this to. Also, I was impressed with my strong, young bladder! I managed to, eh-hem, stay dry even when plummetting for what felt like forever down the first drop.

The rest of the ride was alot less scary, but alot of fun.

To this day, every time I ride Maggie I think of my first ride in 1989, and how bad it scared me. I still get just a tad nervous when I ride, even though I've been on much larger rides. As a matter of fact, I don't really get nervous on roller coasters anymore...except Maggie. :shock: [/i]

I get scared on any ride that hangs you upside down and holds you there ( like Evolution and Tango to name a few). I hate the feeling of your chest falling foreward. Inversions don't bother me if they are quick like on coasters or if they force you back in the seat. The only other rides that would scare me is the stuff on top of the Stratosphere, its way too high!

Deja Vu scares me the most. I rode it for the first time this season, and it scared me a lot. I do not know why. I have ridden coasters with loops, and coasters with vertical drops. Something about this ride just scared me a lot, and I am afaraid to ride it right now.

Those free falling drop towers, largely because I do have a fear of heights. But I do love the views from the top.

Deja Vu at SFMM is also bad one for me. Dangling face down with only the restraints to hold you unnerves me greatly.

And to think I seriously thought about going to Airborne School and learn how to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

^why?

The one that I rode was very confortable. But then then again it could be because...............

But the one ride that does scare me is the cable lift/transport ride at CP. Every time I go on it I freak out.

I am a robot

[:l]

My scariest ride is the one to and from work everyday. I hate the I-480 bridge. Bad accidents on a regular basis and major wind.

I grew up in Garfield Heights ... anyways, yeah, that bridge is freaking SCARY. I used to hate going over it (and still do, when people are driving me to/from the airport).

Hurricane at the Santa Cruz Beach Boarwalk. The ride itself isn't that big, but they build it on top of a building, so that first little drop feels like you're really high up. Something about that ride has never felt safe to me. It's like it never builds up enough speed around those banked turns so you constantly feel like you're going to fall out unless you hold on for dear life. I find it ironic that I can go on huge coasters, but that tiny little coaster scares the piss out of me.

Edited by Red Benny