TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Ride makes you Nervous the Most?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scared of star flyers! Even though I've never truely been on one, they look freakin scary!

---Brent 8)

I totally agree Brent! I've never been on one either, but I would be a nervous wreck on that thing!

I was really nervous my first ride on X, and on my first dark water slide.

Antonio"Now I'm not scared of X"G.

I think I would be nervous before riding Kingda Ka. I mean the top is so high.

--Sören

Well to my opinion, the height of a coaster isn't what i'd be worried about. I'd be more focused on the launch part of a ride.

By the way, I believe that S&S freefall towers hold you at the top for exactly 10 seconds. At least that's Valleyfair's! Turbo Drop. I'm not sure if it's the same with others.

^ lol, there are none.

I don't like drop towers. I haven't ridden one in over a year. I avoided Power Tower at Cedar Point, and I drove 9 hours to get there. Did everything else, except for Power Tower and Demon Drop.

I was kinda scared to ride TTD, but once I got on, I wasn't scared anymore, as I was so excited to be launched to 120 MPH.

By the way, does anyone know like a little phrase someone could say that just might calm someone down? Like for example, someone might say "It's just a ride it's just a ride", ya know. Not saying that I use that, but does anyone know anything?

zipper: don't worry, this is the only zipper that hasn't killed someone!

anything: dont worry, other then that one time with all those people... this ride's harnesses never came undone throwing all its occupants 100 feet into the air before crashing to their death!

My scariest ride is the one to and from work everyday. I hate the I-480 bridge. Bad accidents on a regular basis and major wind.

V I'm the same way! I can't stand ferris wheels. I get up to the top, they stop to load the bottom and i hear creaking metal and that's all she wrote..

Edited by FlyingScooter

Drop towers are the only rides that really scare me when they are functioning properly. And that is only when we're about 10 feet from the top till the wait.

However, whenever a ride does something different (anyone else had the lift hill slow down towards the top of MF?!) that it is not supposed to do, I get freaked.

The creaking on enterprises (Re: Witches Wheel) bothers me a bit.

Ferris wheels also can bother me, because I know I could just leap off at any moment. Not that I would. But it would be possible... Freaky.

Wow, so many here who are freaked over tower rides and free falling! Who knew?

On that note you can laugh at the fact that Eagle's Flight (SFMM) made me sweat bullets just waiting for the gondola. The ride was even worse. It was the tallest "bucket on a wire" ride in CA, I think. Its' hight was amp'ed by the fact that it was across the length of the mountain. When the ride passed over the conveyer wheels I would panic!!! And don't get me started on the 3 mile an hour breeze (yes, 3 whole miles per hour - you would have thought I was bracing for a tornado) or my sister who insisted on rocking the gondola while telling me of the old uban myth about the newly weds and the cable snapping... YIKES!

It was a slow painful ride... I think I celebrated the day it closed! :shock:

Of all rides, a wave swinger... you see the chains a bit rusty and you start imagining things.. "what if it breaks..." Now, if I was on a Star Flyer and the chains were a bit rusty I would probably have a heart attack. The now scrapped Giant Wheel at Hersheypark makes me nervous... again, with the chains... Knoebels' Giant Wheel doesn't make me nervous because the gondola attachment looks more solid..