TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

We Went To Universal Orlando!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think just the 'tilt' of Elissa's head, in a few of those photos, really says a lot w/o words.

Great Universal TR, Robb. But sorry to read elsewhere, that (so far) SeaWorld wasn't

such a great visit for you. Hope that the return visits, turn out much better.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Elissa, I remember that you either don't have a Universal pass or were questioning whether or not to renew. Was this trip worth the cost in your opinion?

I'm not Elissa, but I don't think any "single visit" is worth a $350 pass. We will see how things go over the year of the pass and then let you know then!

Honestly if our Sea World visit had been better or Disney was opening sooner I might have waited longer on getting a Universal pass. But after hearing several positive reports and wanting to be able to visit a park again (and this is my technically closest park) we went for it. Hopefully subsequent visits will be just as good or better.

I actually hope to see a system like this used for Rise of the Resistance. Instead of opening up all of the spots at park opening, they just randomly add them throughout the day so you don't have to show up all at once.

KakaoTalk_20200618_221736092.thumb.jpg.0af4c917609bcab60fa5fd2b92ad5136.jpg

Everland's sort of developed a system like that since they updated the mobile app. They release a bunch of fast pass slots in the morning and then the greyed out ones become available later. However, instead of being random, you can tap the greyed out times and it will tell you when they are released.

They've got a tiered base point system where rides are anywhere from 1-5 EP. Once you scan in the park I think you get 1 point straight away and then you're rewarded an extra point after every half hour. So people who go early or at opening are rewarded because they'll be the only ones who have enough points at around 11:30-12:00 to book 1 of the headline attractions at 5EP on the two open earliest slots (the two in the picture that were open) but people who arrive later aren't punished either because if the mornings are sold out they can check the grey slots to see what time they can play and chances are people who took the earliest slots will need some time to rebuild their points.

If there's any downside, it's the app caps at 5EP and then the 30 minute point timer won't start until you spend some points. In theory, it's to stop people booking up all the headliners over and over and give later people a fairer chance on later slots but I feel the limit should be 1 or 2 points higher than the cost of the biggest rides because you lose out on potential points if you max out too early and can't spend any yet because you can't risk missing the next fast pass deadline on the 5 point T Express or safari rides.

Edited by Garet

Commented on YouTube, but wanted to also to say something here.

While I had seen some of your POVs, I consider finding the Coaster Expedition videos my first real introduction to TPR. They were so fun and showed off why we people love going to theme parks. They focused on how theme parks are more than just the rides, they are great for having a fun day with friends (which is what I feel is the spirit of TPR anyways). I will probably keep going back to watch those videos over and over, and will forever associate certain songs with different parks! I also appreciate how well they were produced, especially all of the little details in the editing: the cuts tied to the music, specific clips to match the lyrics, etc.

I'm really happy to see a new video in this style!

LOVED your video! Definitely way more entertaining than traditional vlog videos. I could never have the patience to watch one of those things in entirety. Never too late to coin a term for your unique style! And I made sure to like and comment on YouTube as well.

Also, glad to see that the park's safety policies are being followed pretty well. I can't imagine wearing a mask on some of those water rides, though. Walking around with a damp face smelling like ride water... just another reason to bring more than one mask to the park, I guess.

Elissa, I remember that you either don't have a Universal pass or were questioning whether or not to renew. Was this trip worth the cost in your opinion?

I'm not Elissa, but I don't think any "single visit" is worth a $350 pass. We will see how things go over the year of the pass and then let you know then!

$350 for one day? That feels...excessive.

And since I didn't say this earlier: Really liked the video, thanks for posting!

$350 for one day? That feels...excessive.

I don't think you quite understood the exchange in conversation there. They asked if based on our first visit if buying the annual pass was worth it. I responded by saying that no single visit is worth the cost of the pass.

Meaning, the pass was $350 for a year. We won't know if we got our $350 worth until after that year is up. Obviously we didn't spend $350 just to go to the park one time.

Were other rides switched onto the virtual queue over the course of the day? I've seen Mummy, Kong, and Forbidden Journey as rides that could operate with a virtual queue.

Huh. Not that we saw. There was no signage anywhere or anything on the app that would have suggested this was even a possibility.

really like Hagrid's and I feel awful for saying this, but I do prefer it to Dueling Dragons.

You're dead to me. Hagrid's is trash compared to Dragons. Seriously, every time I ride that coaster is makes me wonder how so many people are coming away from it saying it's so damn good. It spends most of its time meandering around a bunch of shrubs at mediocre speeds, you barely see any of the "theming" (if you can call it that) and the BEST part of the ride is the launch after the drop-track where just as it starts to get good... it ends!

The the piece of theming you get to stare at the longest is that HORRIBLE "Party City" looking unicorn at the end of the ride! OMG, that animatronic is a joke!

Seriously, I don't "get it." That ride is just so "average" in every way that it hurts my brain when people keep saying how amazing it is.

Are you the fucking king of rollercoasters or something you fat piece of lard? people are allowed different opinions to you Hitler. Go suck off walts frozen cock you fat cunt.

Are you the fucking king of rollercoasters or something you fat piece of lard? people are allowed different opinions to you Hitler. Go suck off walts frozen cock you fat kitten.

Is that it? That's the best you've got??? 24 years of TPR content where there are plenty photos of me where you could have had me fucking a whale or at least put a huge dick in my mouth or something (not that I would have minded) and the best you've got is a "fat Hitler Walt kitten joke?" REALLY???? **sigh** You trolls are getting more and more pathetic each time. Go crawl back to your shitposting subreddit where you belong.

Edited by robbalvey

I don't suppose there will be a Rip Ride Rockit POV? Most of the youtube ones look like they were shot in an earthquake and sound quality is just as bad.

No, sorry. As it says in the video, all the onride footage was provided by Universal. They don't allow anyone to shoot footage on their rides at all.

I don't suppose there will be a Rip Ride Rockit POV? Most of the youtube ones look like they were shot in an earthquake and sound quality is just as bad.

No, sorry. As it says in the video, all the onride footage was provided by Universal. They don't allow anyone to shoot footage on their rides at all.

Wow, I didn't realize how many well-known sites/channels break the rules for some youtube views.

Wow, I didn't realize how many well-known sites/channels break the rules for some youtube views.

Yep. Universal has not allowed filming as long as HD cameras have been around! That's how long it has been!

So all those POVs you see out there of all their coasters were done without permission.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for getting a POV from Universal. I can see what the ride looks like without getting a headache.