TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 and Season Passes (Memberships)

The purpose of this thread is to compile information in one place. If you have additional factual information please share.

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens

Automatically extending all active Annual Passes and Membership products to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens for the length of time in which the parks remain closed. Domestic single-day tickets and any unused multi-day tickets that expire during the temporary closures will be extended through December 31, 2021. Expiring single-day and multi-day tickets purchased internationally will be automatically extended through the first week of 2022 to provide our guests from overseas additional flexibility. And in-park experiences during the temporary closures can also be rescheduled through December 31, 2021.

SeaWorld Parks is automaticaly upgrading season passes and memberships in good standing to the next level / tier. Silver becomes gold, gold becomes platimum, etc.

Cedar Fair

All 2020 season passes will now be good through the 2021 season

Six Flags

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, we are allowing members to pause their membership accounts until the parks reopen,” Six Flags officials said in a statement. “When a membership is on ‘pause’ the guest’s credit card will not be charged and they will accrue no additional charges on their account.”

Six Flags parks offer both season passes that are paid in full at the time of purchase and memberships that are paid by month like a gym membership.

Six Flags members have the option to pause monthly payments in a “simple and automatic” process, according to Six Flags officials.

Six Flags members who continue to make monthly payments will receive a free upgrade to the next level in the company’s tiered membership program. So far, two-thirds of Six Flags members have opted to continue making payments, officials said.

Six Flags members will get a month added to the end of their membership for every month the parks are closed. Six Flags season passholders will get a day added for each day their home park is closed.

Disney

Disney is extending paid in full season pass expirations by the number of days the park is closed

Monthly payments they are on hold

Universal

Disney is extending paid in full season pass expirations by the number of days the park is closed

Monthly payments they are on hold

Herschend

Dollywood and SDC are extending your current 2020 season pass to June 1, 2021.

Wild Adventures is extending your current 2020 season pass to June 1, 2021.

Merlin (UK)

Suspending monthly payments and adding months for duration of the attraction closures (ie, if they are closed for 5 weeks, two months are added for free). The UK annual pass includes Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Legoland Windsor, London Eye, Warwick Castle, Dungeons, Madame Tussauds etc.

Plopsa

Will count the days your membership could not be used during their closures and will add that days as soon as the parks will reopen.

Hersheypark

Season passes purchased for the 2020 season will be honored through June 30, 2021, as will any individual tickets purchased before the summer season begins.

Lagoon

"To those who have already purchased 2020 season passports and/or season parking, we want you to have confidence in your purchase. We thank all of our season passport holders for their loyalty and support during this time. In response to the uncertainty of this virus, if you do not redeem your season passport by November 2020, with your scannable ticket or coupon the passport and/or season parking will be made valid for the next Lagoon season. However, if you are able to use your passport this summer, we would like to extend to you a special discounted rate to renew to a next season passport on or before December 31, 2020. If you have been putting off purchasing your season passports, now is the time to do so. As long as you purchase your passports before June 30, 2020, you will be included in the special renewal option."

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a warning according to the Six Flags website the upgrade to the next tier on memberships is only for the rest of the season. Here is a quote from their website...

In addition to replacing the months that you've lost, we're also going to give you free upgrade to Platinum Membership for the rest of the 2020 Season.

Just replace platinum with whatever the next tier in the program is for you. The exception is regular members who do not have gold yet, and that is a permanent upgrade.

Obviously this is subject to change, but at least right now do not expect your keeping that upgrade.

Merlin (UK)

Suspending monthly payments and adding months for duration of the attraction closures (ie, if they are closed for 5 weeks, two months are added for free). The UK annual pass includes Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Legoland Windsor, London Eye, Warwick Castle, Dungeons, Madame Tussauds etc.

We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation in line with Government and local public health authorities and will provide an update as soon as we can on when the attractions will reopen.

If you have a Merlin Monthly Membership, we will continue to suspend monthly payments until our attractions reopen. If you have a Merlin Annual Pass, we will be adding free months to your Merlin Annual Passes for the duration that our attractions are closed. Please be assured that you do not need to do anything, we are taking care of this for you.

https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/coronavirus

As a warning according to the Six Flags website the upgrade to the next tier on memberships is only for the rest of the season. Here is a quote from their website...

In addition to replacing the months that you've lost, we're also going to give you free upgrade to Platinum Membership for the rest of the 2020 Season.

Just replace platinum with whatever the next tier in the program is for you. The exception is regular members who do not have gold yet, and that is a permanent upgrade.

Obviously this is subject to change, but at least right now do not expect your keeping that upgrade.

I have the cheapest Six Flags Gold Membership. The upgrade for this membership to Gold + is said to be lifetime. Some have called and supposedly verified this to be true. All other memberships yes, just for 2020. I pay $6.10 a month, so I haven't paused my payments.

I took this directly from the message Lagoon (Farmington, UT) sent out by email and as social media posts.

"To those who have already purchased 2020 season passports and/or season parking, we want you to have confidence in your purchase. We thank all of our season passport holders for their loyalty and support during this time. In response to the uncertainty of this virus, if you do not redeem your season passport by November 2020, with your scannable ticket or coupon the passport and/or season parking will be made valid for the next Lagoon season. However, if you are able to use your passport this summer, we would like to extend to you a special discounted rate to renew to a next season passport on or before December 31, 2020. If you have been putting off purchasing your season passports, now is the time to do so. As long as you purchase your passports before June 30, 2020, you will be included in the special renewal option."

The purpose of this thread is to compile information in one place. If you have additional factual information please share.

Herschend

To ensure your family will be able to have plenty of time to enjoy your 2020 season passes, we are extending your current 2020 season pass to June 1, 2021. There is nothing you need to do. Your pass will automatically be updated.

For guests with prepaid tickets, the valid dates have been extended to the end of the 2020 season," Six Flags explained in a statement on its website. "For current 2020 Season Pass Holders, passes will be extended for the number of operating days the park is temporarily closed.

I think Herschend might be doing this on a park-by-park basis. The website for Wild Adventures says their season passes will be valid through December 2021.

Holiday Park in Germany (and along with that all Plopsa Parks as I read it) will count the days your membership could not be used during their closures and will add that days as soon as the parks will reopen.

For example: Our membership ended April 7th. Tha park had to close at March 16th. We would have had around ten days where our membership was still active but we could't go. so as soon as the parks reopen, we will get these days for free until a new membership is needed.

Some people are reporting this in the other thread, but I'll put it here because it's more relevant: SeaWorld Parks is automaticaly upgrading season passes and memberships in good standing to the next level / tier. Silver becomes gold, gold becomes platimum, etc.

That means free preferred parking for me! I'll take it!

^Didn't get the email yet...what does Platinum get!?!?

<> I see it now in the other thread. We should post all the info in this thread. Interesting promotion from the Sea World family of parks.

Edited by SharkTums

^ I have my SeaWorld / Busch Gardens pass and I got emails from both parks, each with different extra perks.

One other variable I just realized is that my pass is for Sea World San Diego. And it seems likely that park will remain closed longer than the other locations. Hopefully the pass can be used at the other parks once they reopen.

This might just be me being a little greedy but man it would be awesome if SeaWorld parks were able to arrange for some kind of passholder preview for the new attractions, even if it was by reservation only for a specific time slot with limited capacity.

Again I don't mean to sound greedy here, I don't want anything to open before the time is right, but when it is right that might be a nice way to ease back into operations and give some of their most loyal customers a little peace of mind as to how they're going to be handling things moving forward.

Here's the Platinum upgrade for Sesame Place.

While our park remains temporarily closed, we will be offering all active Pass Members complimentary rewards and special benefits as a token of our appreciation.

All active Pass Members will be receiving Sesame Place Cash, which can be used at select locations in the park to purchase food, beverages, and merchandise through January 3, 2021. The Sesame Place Cash amount will be issued based on the time the park has been closed and the kind of Season Pass you have.

Additionally, Pass Members will receive Bring A Friend Days so that your friends and family can join in on the fun and spend an unforgettable day with you exploring the park and your favorite attractions. As a sign of our appreciation for you, our loyal Pass Member, we will also be granting complimentary membership tier upgrades for all active Season Passes for the remainder of 2020 as well as additional Sesame Place Pass Member events.

SSBenefits.jpg.77fc2c1f3e481808cd25d261c2da9dbf.jpg