TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SOCAL Theme parks helicopter view!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but isn't that like 1/10th of the normal traffic on those highways?

And actually on topic for this forum, for theme park content:

0:54 Knott's

9:15 Universal

14:12 Magic Mountain.

That was really awesome, thank you for sharing! It's funny to me to think that some of these were the only parks I've visited this year and I had no clue then that things would shut down soon after.

I've only ever been to SoCal a few times but I've been all over and really appreciate the geography, so in general seeing all the random places I've been or recognized was also really neat! It made me watch through the end without skipping.

I love these videos. I love aerial shots of coasters and parks. I spotted on FB the other day, and of course can't find it now, a post where a news station in Orlando did a fly-over of the parks there. Love it.

Can we please have a thread of all aerial photos of parks and coasters?

I find it hilarious that the guy couldn't find the War Of The Worlds plane crash set. It's directly east of the large blue screen he mentions on his approach and isn't very well hidden.

Also that video reallllllllly highlights the Parking Lot Coaster aspect of Magic Mountain. I knew it was bad, but holy hell.

I find it hilarious that the guy couldn't find the War Of The Worlds plane crash set. It's directly east of the large blue screen he mentions on his approach and isn't very well hidden.

Also that video reallllllllly highlights the Parking Lot Coaster aspect of Magic Mountain. I knew it was bad, but holy hell.

They only have one parking lot coaster and that’s Scream.

This is pretty neat! I just moved to SoCal so I haven't been able to experience the parks out here, but it's crazy coming from FL seeing how jam packed these parks are, and then seeing how big Magic Mountain's footprint.

Operating a helicopter from 1,400 feet up and moving rapidly over the area vs. the camera''s zoomed view are far different.

Colossus and part of X were both built over old parking lots, too.

Goliath, Twisted Colossus, Scream, X2, and to a less extreme extent Batman and Apocalypse, as well. Those last two aren't built over the original parking lot, at least, but they are both over flat pavement or gravel with next to no environmental elements. Riddler at least has a ton of trees throughout.

Goliath, Twisted Colossus, Scream, X2, and to a less extreme extent Batman and Apocalypse, as well. Those last two aren't built over the original parking lot, at least, but they are both over flat pavement or gravel with next to no environmental elements. Riddler at least has a ton of trees throughout.

If the parking lot is demolished and bulldozed then it’s not considered a parking lot coaster or attraction. If it’s built directly over a parking lot like Scream and Medusa at Discovery Kingdom then it’s a parking lot coaster. According to your thinking, Indiana Jones at DL is a parking lot attraction and all of DCA is a parking lot park.

Sorry. I'll reconsider my super-mega-important, life-changing definition of "coaster plopped on a concrete or asphalt slab" for the future. Clearly you have a superior mental capacity.

Sorry. I'll reconsider my super-mega-important, life-changing definition of "coaster plopped on a concrete or asphalt slab" for the future. Clearly you have a superior mental capacity.

No, you’re just hating on SFMM to hate. It’s ok, but it’s old and tired. Get a new thing to “try” and bash on.