TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

In 2020, you must now stay at the Mt. Olympus Resort in order to access the park.

[attachment=0]MtO.JPG[/attachment]

One other thing I'm wondering about is if they'll even run Hades 360 this year with social distancing in place. They refused to run that ride with anything less than a full train last year.

I expect social distancing to only last a month or two from when the parks open. It's all theatre at this point. The virus has been here since at least January, there's no difference opening a theme park in a month compared to last month as there's been no health developments/situation is still the same only policy's have changed.

The parks will comply with the security theatre for now to open (As we roll our eyes over the silliness of it all), especially the regional parks (Six Flags, Cedar Fair, other independent parks), but I can foresee them dropping the act quite quickly.

If you're looking for how one area is re-opening now check out this video from the Carpetbagger, he visited Pigeon Forges's Island attraction and they are actually running rides including the giant Wheel. It proves it can be done.

That's great news! Thanks for putting this to our attention! hopefully this sets a precedent for other parks in America!

Right now in Michigan we're still at Stay in Place orders! It's great seeing people having fun on a Ferris Wheel!

In 2020, you must now stay at the Mt. Olympus Resort in order to access the park.

[attachment=0]MtO.JPG[/attachment]

One other thing I'm wondering about is if they'll even run Hades 360 this year with social distancing in place. They refused to run that ride with anything less than a full train last year.

For the latter, was it because without enough people on the train, Hades 360 wouldn't have the momentum to complete the Zero g roll?

I think at this point, we have exhausted about everything we need to say about COVID-19 in general. As parks are now beginning to announce opening dates and their requirements, I'm seeing the exact same discussions taking place here as well as in the official park discussion thread.

While I'm all for more traffic on the forums (and would love to keep encouraging everyone to continue posting as much as possible) I think for organization purposes, it makes sense to now retire this thread and direct all future park discussions to their appropriate threads.

Make sense? Thank you everyone for your support!

If you are unsure about which thread to post in about a specific park, please see the Park Discussion Directory.

Edited by robbalvey