TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

I know a few pages back there were some questions raised in regards to how waterparks would be handling the reopening process. Well, earlier today, Camelback Resort in PA appears to be the first one so far to announce how they're going to be handling everything. They are looking at a June 11th reopening date for their indoor waterpark, Aquatopia, as well as the attached lodge and the nearby mountain adventure park which includes ziplines, a mountain coaster, and the like. The outdoor waterpark, Camelbeach, currently has no posted reopening date, but they are waiting on clearance from state officials. They've posted an extremely thorough plan on their website which can be found over here.

Some things to note:

- They are only opening 35% of the available guest rooms for booking (approx 160 rooms).

- They will be doing wellness screenings and taking temperatures at the main entrance for all guests, vendors, and employees. If anyone is exhibiting symptoms of a fever, their entire party will not be permitted access to the resort.

- They will not group multiple parties together into the same raft.

- They plan on sanitizing all lounge chairs after use.

- Their buffet restaurant has been converted to table-service only, and most other food locations will be serving grab-and-go only.

As with all parks, I wish them the best of luck in their return to normal.

IMHO, the Six Flags reservation system might also reduce the riff raff that has been known to occur at several Six Flags parks.

Also IMHO, I think the majority of major chain parks will be open at some level by July 4th (the possible exceptions would be CA and northeast parks).

Six Flags just updated the schedules in their app to show a 7/1 opening day for all of their parks.

While that isn't news to anybody here, the local media has been reporting that Magic Mountain is reopening on May 15 - despite the state's SAH order still being in effect.

Six Flags just updated the schedules in their app to show a 7/1 opening day for all of their parks.

While that isn't news to anybody here, the local media has been reporting that Magic Mountain is reopening on May 15 - despite the state's SAH order still being in effect.

The SFSTl app says July 1 but the website is advertising a summer kickoff on Memorial Day weekend.

Pretty sure they just put July 1st on all SF parks yesterday.

Looks like calendars have been removed competely now. Park Hours just shows the resevatation notice and no calendar at all.

St Louis City and County have just announced stay at home ending May 18, lower capacity, masks where social distancing not possible, etc etc. It is later than the rest of the state but KC and STL are where the majority of cases in MO occured.

Would think SFSTL could start pulling in employees to restart training after that, it would be in small groups, and potentially open the park in early June (with the necessary restrictions) but will have to see if they post some sort of coherent open date that is consistent across all their media outlets.

When the boy gets notified to come in I will let you all know.

Every time the news comes on, one of our (10) Provinces' leaders announce a #-stage plan to get everybody back into the economy resurgence. Ontario's is a five stage plan. Alberta's is a four stage plan.

British Columbia's? The Province where I live? Theirs is a three stage plan!

WTF? How many "plans" does one need to get back on track after this crisis?

^ Pardon my error. I should have posted "How many stages" do we actually have to go through?

The easy answer is, "as many as it takes," sure. Still, with so many different versions of "a plan"

up here in Canada, it makes one wonder which might work the best? The plan with more stages? Or less?

Just trying to figure it all out.

Easy enough to say to worry about the money later if you’re not the one who is now unemployed, two months of rent now past due, your industry is completely defunct and there is no end in sight. Seems like the attitude of “the economy can wait” is pretty prevalent among those who are cozy working at home and having all of their meals and groceries delivered. Then they can sit back and shame the less fortunate and unemployed for wanting things to go back to normal, because after all, LIVES ARE AT STAKE. Not that those who would like to just wait things out are completely in the wrong, but you have to see it from the side of those whose livelihoods have been completely put on hold because of this.

Easy enough to say to worry about the money later if you’re not the one who is now unemployed, two months of rent now past due, your industry is completely defunct and there is no end in sight. Seems like the attitude of “the economy can wait” is pretty prevalent among those who are cozy working at home and having all of their meals and groceries delivered. Then they can sit back and shame the less fortunate and unemployed for wanting things to go back to normal, because after all, LIVES ARE AT STAKE. Not that those who would like to just wait things out are completely in the wrong, but you have to see it from the side of those whose livelihoods have been completely put on hold because of this.

Many of the jobs that are still working are jobs that most people wouldn't have given a glance at six months ago if they were offered the job. It's not as cut and dry as people want to make it seem.

I have been unemployed for six weeks.

And clearly have some sort of support system (whether that may be savings, parents/family, government handouts, or whatever), otherwise you wouldn't think the way you do.

I don't know. I just feel like we're all getting awful distracted by money when the problem is that there is a killer virus out there. Maybe deal with that, and worry about money later?

I'm not trying to make this political since this is a theme park site but keeping America locked down is not the answer. Waiting for a vaccine is not the answer either(we may never get a vaccine). We have to just be smart about things and let people work for their living instead of paying people $600 extra dollars while unemployed. I'm a work in a local jail and still am expected to work day in and day out but get no compensation for being deemed "essential".

Why are the Targets and Walmarts allowed to stay open when the mom and pop stores have to close? Why are they so different that the government feels they can't enact the same policies and rules the big box stores can? People will get sick, many will recover and some will die unfortunately as is life. We don't stop the world for every sickness that comes along, I understand this is a little different but we cannot let fear rule us and need to be smart. We have started to flatten the curve now we need to bring back the economy and let people live their lives.

I have been unemployed for six weeks.

And clearly have some sort of support system (whether that may be savings, parents/family, government handouts, or whatever), otherwise you wouldn't think the way you do.

I value human life above all else. You can't get it back. Money can be replaced. Lives cannot. This is my service to my country right now. We are fighting the coronavirus. This is the most important work we can do. To undermine those efforts is to fight for the enemy.

• Like 1

When you're starving to death, which likely won't happen, because you obviously have some sort of support, you'll change your tune.

I'm lucky enough to be still employed, but I know more people that are going broke or maxing out their credit cards just trying to survive (hint: the government unemployment programs *arent* paying people yet) than I do have even been confirmed infected with the virus, let alone died.

I ask you a serious question, that I'd like a serious answer to: What do you propose we do if there is never a vaccine?

Edited by Mike240SX

It's not as simple as life versus money. A massive depression will cost lives as well. It's about finding the best balance.

Anyway back to theme park info. The SFSTL employees were sent an email today stating they should not pay attention to dates thrown about by the media for park opening, that a date had not yet been settled on and they would be notified immediately when a date was set. Which is all fine and good.......except the park's own app and website had dates; and conflicting dates at that. Fired interns indeed.

It's not as simple as life versus money. A massive depression will cost lives as well. It's about finding the best balance.

Anyway back to theme park info. The SFSTL employees were sent an email today stating they should not pay attention to dates thrown about by the media for park opening, that a date had not yet been settled on and they would be notified immediately when a date was set. Which is all fine and good.......except the park's own app and website had dates; and conflicting dates at that. Fired interns indeed.

I get that you're probably joking, but nobody's getting fired for 'conflicting dates'. This is an unprecedented situation, everybody gets that, nobody with any sense is (or should be) thinking any dates they find mean anything until we get some official announcements.

My home park is SFGAm. Between the app and the website, there are a bunch of May and June dates out there that are absolutely not happening. We're in the middle of a pandemic, I'm ok with a website that has some wrong dates.