TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

Six Flags Magic Mountain has apparently announced through the LA press that they’re planning on a Mid May-June reopening time frame.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04/30/six-flags-magic-mountain-reopening/

So this video only pulls a couple of quotes from the CEO about the changes to the experience when they reopening, such as face masks and limiting. The article below the video states that they plan to open in mid-May or as soon as possible thereafter, and links back to a tweet that's more than a month old at this point, and has the same language that they've used for all of their parks throughout the chain. I strongly doubt they're still holding firm on the plans to reopen mid-May, especially not with the recent announcements from the California governor about the gameplan to get the state back open. Sounds to me more like a case of overzealous reporting.

Your bandana works, for myself.

David makes ours from paper towels, which constantly tests my trust in his choice of 'filter'.

And I do trust him, truth.

IMHO, the first major regional park to open will be one of these: Six Flags over Texas, Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Carowinds, Six Flags St. Louis, Kings Island.

I wonder if some parks with new for 2020 coasters will hold their new rides until 2021, even if their park is able to open at some point (looking at you, Hershey/SFGAdv/BGW)

If that's all it is, I have no problem with it. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the parks I go to frequently don't implement virtual queues.

for those that are complaining (or protesting) about potentially having to wear a mask in public (and I'm absolutely not saying that's been happening here) . . . I've found this meme to be the best at explaining it so everyone can understand.

3EcrgXYFRQNq2MJ81rNw5fIHFz3FMcKcc1JkRHuiBWc.jpg?auto=webp&s=a82ffe14d87eb9f2dc9af4a93afbd7d959cb62a2

I don’t get the complaints about face coverings. There’s a healthy medium where you can not live your life in fear but you can also take common sense precautions. I feel like wearing face coverings when in close contact with others is a little inconvenient, but also well worth the tradeoff and a reasonable common sense precaution.

Edited by coasterbill

Re-opening the economy successfully is going to take another round of massive federal assistance. Restaurants and bars won’t be making profits if at reduced capacity, there will still be people afraid to travel (warren buffet sold all his positions in airlines....roughly 10% of delta, United, Southwest, and American because he doesn’t see a recovery anytime soon), the deferred payments will come due, over leveraged Airbnb hosts who took out mortgages dependent upon revenue from Airbnb will be foreclosing, commercial office space will surely go down since so many are working from home successfully, the list goes on and on....

We need to prepare for vastly different theme park operations the next few years. Aside from the safety precautions, parks are going to have to look very hard at their pricing and costs to ride out this downturn.