TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

Yeah, you can pause it but I'm not pausing it because I think the extra skip-the-line pass each visit is worth the extra cost.

Definitely agree that it makes sense for you, I have the old gold membership so I'm not sure what the plan is for that so I was waiting for the email to decide. I don't really think there is much of a difference between the old gold and gold plus just from looking at what gold plus offers if that's what they are considering an upgrade for my passes.

I hadn't renewed our cedar fair dining passes and 1 of our drinking plans simply because we weren't making it to their parks enough anymore to make it worth it but after this whole mess I'm really glad we didn't because we might not even make it to a cedar fair park this season at this rate.

If they are giving free months on the backside plus added benefits, I think it makes sense to keep paying. But I agree they'll probably make it hard to downgrade to the lower level. Heck, it was hard to get them to upgrade my membership when I tried to give them money.

Just got this from SF. FWIW, I am a gold plus member, but only pay $3.99/month. I had no intention of pausing or cancelling my membership (I am lucky enough to still be working) but I definitely will not be now. Just wondering if the F&B discount includes beer (though I'm certain it doesn't).

Screenshot_2020-03-30.thumb.png.9246474b594bfe2287d24c3674f8fad8.png

I have the highest tier membership and received an email about getting a "Golden Ticket" but I have no idea what that is, lol. Unless we get to tour the chocolate factory It also mentioned that we will get an extra skip the line pass each visit for the rest of the year and added months but that last one makes no sense since the membership is on going.

The SFSTL app now has May 18 listed as the opening date for whatever that is worth, Hoping for my son's sake that they are maybe tentatively planning on getting the ride ops back in for training during the first couple weekends of May.

Zach, best wishes for you that they let you in the birthing room. I certainly would not have wanted to give birth without my husband there. Hopefully, we will be through the worst of it by May. Don't lose faith in humanity yet!

This is what I received having a Diamond Elite Membership:

Membership Update

Park operations are suspended until mid-May, but we have a plan to make it up to you.

Dear Kim:

Due to the COVID-19 situation it looks like we are not going to be able to open the parks on our original schedule. To ensure the safety of our guests and Team Members, we are now looking at a mid-May opening date, or as soon as possible thereafter.

We've come up with a plan to make it up to you. You are among our most important guests, and it is our intention to ensure that you receive much more than your money's worth from your Six Flags Membership.

First off, we are going to give you one month of Membership for each month we are closed (rounded up to the nearest month). These months will automatically be added to the very end of your Membership.

In addition to replacing the months that you lost, we're also going to give you special bonus benefits for the rest of the 2020 season.

With your 2020 bonus benefits, you'll get (FREE):

One Extra Skip the Ride Line Ticket Every Visit

Triple Reward Points Every Visit

One Golden Ticket valid any time in 2020

To top it off, we'll be hosting special events and adding free perks for you when the park re-opens.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us online, or by calling the Six Flags Membership Service Center at 817-607-6105.

Thanks again for being a Member. Take care of yourselves, and we really do look forward to seeing you at the park again soon.

Best regards,

Mark Kupferman

Vice President, Membership

Six Flags

So my old gold passes are being offered a "free upgrade to lifetime Gold Plus" I really don't see any benefit here except maybe the priority entrance which I don't really care about anyway. It also doesn't say anything about a price increase in the future for the gold plus membership. Gold plus is about $1.50 or so more a month each pass than my old gold membership but I don't see them just bumping the prices up without any warning.

In addition to replacing the months that you lost, we're also going to give you a free upgrade to lifetime Gold Plus for the rest of the 2020 season.

With your free lifetime Gold Plus upgrade, you'll get (FREE):

Gold Plus Admission and Parking

Priority Member Entry

Up to 20% off Almost Everything

25% off Season Drink Bottles

Invites to exclusive Member Events

Discount Tickets for Friends Every Visit

Edited by Satans Hockey

So my old gold passes are being offered a "free upgrade to lifetime Gold Plus" I really don't see any benefit here except maybe the priority entrance which I don't really care about anyway. It also doesn't say anything about a price increase in the future for the gold plus membership. Gold plus is about $1.50 or so more a month each pass than my old gold membership but I don't see them just bumping the prices up without any warning.

In addition to replacing the months that you lost, we're also going to give you a free upgrade to lifetime Gold Plus for the rest of the 2020 season.

Priority Member Entry

What is a "lifetime Gold Plus" for the rest of the 2020 season? I received this email to. Is it 2020 or a lifetime?

Priority Member Entry

What is a "lifetime Gold Plus" for the rest of the 2020 season? I received this email to. Is it 2020 or a lifetime?

It means as long as you keep that particular membership active, it will be a gold plus. (If you keep it for life, then you will have Gold Plus for life). This is the only one that is like that. All higher tier free upgrades are only for the 2020 season. Considering that they do not sell gold classic anymore, this could be a way for them to just streamline them and not have to worry about those antiquated grandfathered gold classic as much anymore.

Just to remind myself, we are indeed, everywhere with this...

distance-signs-route66.jpg.2cbb56e22cafa020334b65734465bed7.jpg

J12_PointingToYVR_Cosmoworld.jpg.812508a1176fc96367c1ca4ae948801e.jpg

Cosmoworld ~ TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

93462886_ResizeofIMG_4692.JPG.206a568c92fa58b855110199ca3199ed.JPG

One more ~ Hello, Bellingham! ~ TPR 2014 Scandi Tour ~ Bakken Park.

In addition to replacing the months that you lost, we're also going to give you special bonus benefits for the rest of the 2020 season.

With your 2020 bonus benefits, you'll get (FREE):

One Extra Skip the Ride Line Ticket Every Visit

Triple Reward Points Every Visit

One Golden Ticket valid any time in 2020

To top it off, we'll be hosting special events and adding free perks for you when the park re-opens.

This sounds like the future "Titanium membership" level. Hmmm....

^I agree.

Most people in our area got an emergency alert this morning advising that the State of Illinois is in need of healthcare workers. wtf? It linked to a map of Illinois and showed the concentration of infected areas highlighted. It provided information on how to contact the healthcare department.

I didn't get this alert, so my information is limited to 3rd party from my wife and friends. Once again, this proves how useless people think I am...

I decided to pause my Six Flags membership. Part of me kept thinking, "This is Six Flags. There's a good chance they'll mess this up somehow. Maybe it's better to leave well enough alone." I felt better seeing that the monthly charge will resume automatically once the park reopens.

Legoland New York is a brand new park though, it's in a little different situation than the seasonal parks that have been around but are just delaying this season's opening day.

True.

However, if parks are not able to open/re-open till late May/Early-mid June... Will they have time to get staff hired (if they haven’t already hired) get the staff trained, get the rides past state inspection, and actually get the park up and running in enough time to make opening “worth” (for lack of better term) it?

I’m mainly thinking of mostly heavily summer seasonal parks IE: Cedar Point.