TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

Portugal's Travel Board has put out a really good ad that everyone should take a moment to watch. Some of what the ad says-

“Nature, landscapes, beaches and monuments aren’t going anywhere,” the ad continues. “They will still be there waiting for a better time to be lived. And we must do the same for a while. It’s time to stop. The perfect time not to visit anything. Sometimes to rise is to stand still. It’s time to stop, stop and think of ourselves, think of everyone else too. It’s time to stop and refocus as a whole, for all. It’s time to understand and respect our times, respect one another. The faster we stop the sooner we will bond again. It’s time to dream of those amazing days to come.”

Here's a link to the whole ad, titled, "It's time to stop " "Can't skip hope".

THIS!!

I will say that a positive from being stuck at home is that I now have more time to get on TPR and goof off...it's been a while!

Hope everyone is adjusting positively to this new, temporary life. Unfortunately, I broke out in some type of allergic rash on the day that I was told to take my laptop and work from home and have been dealing with that for over a week now. I feel that it is stress related, but otherwise I am doing just fine and hope that you are all doing good too.

Been following the CDC recommendations here and will continue to do so. Luckily we have a wonderful nature trail less than 2 miles from the house that is a treat to take the dog for walks on. Hardly any people are ever on the stretch where we live, so it has been wonderful to be able to get out on most days for fresh air and still be able to practice social distancing.

Have only had to go get my scripts (for this reaction) and one trip to the liquor/grocery store. No hoarding going on in our household and hope that everyone is being mindful of that...although we have a pretty good group of folks in here that know better.

My heart goes out for my fellow NY'ers and those that don't have the option to be able to get out into wide open spaces. As mentioned in the video, we are all in this together...let's do what is right and get through this in hopes that it will make us all more kinder, caring people.

As far as theme parks, those can wait. While riding a roller coaster would be the ultimate anxiety reliever right now, it just isn't an option. Hopefully that will come sooner, rather than later...peace.

Awesome Positive News!

In our downtown West End, where a lot of people live, everybody is coming out of their homes every evening, at 7pm PST, usually on balconies and starting ....to APPLAUD. For a few minutes.

It is for all the people who have to stay "out there" for medical and services needs. Even for groceries and pharmacy, too. So The APPLAUSE is For Them.

And it's starting to grow here. It's being picked up where we live, and the thrill of hearing the applause waft through the entire main city.... it's very cool to hear.

I dare to add...it sounds kind of like, when Canada won Hockey Gold at the 2010 Olympics! Truth!

I'm in southern Italy which hasn't been hit nearly as hard, although my town has a couple of confirmed cases. I got back from the Cote d'Azure a day before the government announced a nationwide quarantine was in effect, and haven't left my house since. I at least have a courtyard where I can take some fresh air. It's so quiet...

I was planning a big trip from CW to CP for June but luckily I haven't booked anything yet. I've lost fortunes in the past due to cancelled trips (cancer) and feel like I learned never to book early anymore.

Our cat Brianne of Tarth had four kittens on the 6th. I've named them Corona, Quarantena, Monaco and Monte Carlo.

IMG_20200322_150254909.thumb.jpg.b0754203823a127b01693b79e222f362.jpg

^^^ They're all so beautiful, including Mom! Makes me wish we had a mother cat again, tending to her brood.

Playland(PNE) has just pushed back their opening date to July 1, our Canada Day. And they've also posted a Playland COLORING PAGE for everyone to work on and enjoy, in these stay-at-home times we're now in.

http://www.pne.ca/playland/

P.S. I'm not checking all of them, but are any other park sites doing this?

Offering coloring pages to work on, at home? Maybe some of them should, hmm?

P.P.S. By the way, anybody(s) who colors this page - please post your results, here!

It would/will be great to see so many colors used, by everybody (around the world?)!

And FINALLY: How about printing several of them, and have an In-Home Coloring Contest???

Of course, EVERYBODY will WIN and it'll be Ice Cream for Everybody!!!!

ColouringPage.png.b98bceda22bff57c70cf8537ff6b2d8f.png

Part of the Coloring Page. Showing part of our new Sea-To-Sky Swinger ride.

IMG_9999cEND.JPG.daae4c78549160890a379cdcf97bac55.JPG

What the Sea-To-Sky really looks like. Photo taken past summer, it's Opening Season.

That's probably the most honest of the closures. Bottom line, no one really knows if this will be another month or 6 months, so no point in stringing everyone along and have to keep changing the date. But oh God let it please be shorter rather than longer, because this sucks!!!! Even though I know it's necessary.

At least here in St Louis we have finally had a few days in a row of warmer, sunnier weather. Until Wed we had almost two full weeks of rainy, dreary, cold days.

Saw this coming, also looks like Shanghai and Hong Kong are the same. I can't find any hard dates on their sites. I won't be surprised if Shanghai goes back to fully closed after they've partially reopened non-park areas of the resort. China ordered all movie theaters to close down immediately today, two days after they (movie theaters) reopened. Obviously they're not in the clear.

I just came back from shopping, a couple of blocks away. And I have to say, the whole set up of queues, space markers, people watching out for each other....in our liquor store, our Super Valu, the Postal Station for lottery tickets ... on and on, we weave and dodge each other.

Actually pretty quietly too, without too much "impatience in the air".

But it's like you've entered (Alice In) Wonderland, and are playing

the wierdest Human Chess/Checkers Board Game Ever!

Space-Shopping-CoVid2020.thumb.jpg.ce12547753897d1b50588a105e16a53d.jpg

A Danish supermarket. Local shopping spots here, usually use straight line duct tape marks.

With my state issuing a shelter in place order, me and my couch are going to become very well acquainted over the next 2 weeks. I'm getting 1/2 pay through vacation pay. But at least I have enough toilet paper (purchased before the panic buying began, BTW) to last through the epidemic. But now it is time for me to shelter in place.

SIP.thumb.jpg.0ab9856718339852cd7a2273762ab5d9.jpg

Are you my mummy?

^ Not this Season Of, thanks.

TOP 5 DISNEY-PIXAR Animated Features

I can re-watch over and over.... (no order of preference)

Ratatouille

Inside Out

Frozen

Big Hero 6

Coco

Frozen02.jpg.739b54a1e7a41a66f824cfc5973a16c9.jpg

Poor Hans ~ Who is this Hans? ~ He never got a break. :p

It will be better if all public and crowded areas will be closed for sometime to prevent the spread of the virus.

That's easier said than done. Here's more insight on our local chaos:

In my area, there are "Parks Closed" signs up at all of our parks and a lot of people don't seem to care. We had about 50 kids around a basketball court last week, even after a shooting took place. There's little to no enforcement that can be done. I don't know of any enforceable criminal violations pertaining to people gathering in public places, like sidewalks or parking lots. Most of what I've seen are reports to the health department which threaten civil actions like revocation of business licenses. We call it the "Please-Shelter-In-Place Act."

When IL shelter-in-place came out, there were barely any people in public. We had significantly less police related calls for service. Now, it's damned near business as usual, even despite the first cases being reported in my county happening now. It's no surprise, since a large segment of people we deal with can't handle petty problems without escalating them into something more. Hence the shooting. Why would they be expected to behave any different during this crisis?

Articles I read outline first outlined the conditions of shelter-in-place acts and their effectiveness for public compliance. But, they always mention skepticism about how long society will comply. It took less than a week where I live. Yesterday, we went out for a scenic/fun drive, without stopping anywhere. During our drive we saw large groups of people together. We even saw a freaking vape shop open. It's bullshit. I'm sure it will be ignored even more by the time I go back to work next week. I'm worried that it's only a matter of time before I bring this home to my pregnant wife.

Speaking of the pregnancy, local hospital policies are changing. Hospitals are releasing mothers and newborns earlier than in the past. Also, you can now only have your spouse/partner with you throughout the duration of your stay. You are not allowed to leave the hospital during your partner's stay, or you will not be permitted to reenter the hospital. I saw on the news a couple days ago that NYC won't even let a spouse/partner in the room. I hope we don't get to that level by May, when she's due. We will not tell our family when our child is born until we're home, since our In-Laws talked about how no-one can stop them from meeting us in the parking lot to see the baby. We have to completely isolate her from everyone.

Basically, my optimism has slightly faded for a larger portion of the population than I anticipated. But, I still really feel that the greater caring majority will help overcome this. People and businesses are reacting in a positive way. It's still cool to hear about some of our local businesses who are now sacrificing some of their regular product lines to start manufacturing medical supplies.

I saw on the news a couple days ago that NYC won't even let a spouse/partner in the room. I hope we don't get to that level by May, when she's due. We will not tell our family when our child is born until we're home, since our In-Laws talked about how no-one can stop them from meeting us in the parking lot to see the baby. We have to completely isolate her from everyone.

That got overturned really quickly so I'd hope other states would at least allow once person in...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/health/new-york-hospital-childbirth-policy-overturned/index.html

Looks like Six Flags is targeting a mid-May opening if conditions improve. This lines up with the CDC's timeline for limiting large gatherings and when Cedar Fair also plans to open.

Six Flags New England posted this, but it seemed to be the same message for all the Six Flags parks I checked.

Members will receive 1 free month for every month the park remains closed. And a free membership upgrade.

I wonder if they'll do anything extra for the highest tier members since they can't be upgraded to another level like the other membership levels.

FB_IMG_1585581589360.thumb.jpg.11114064050024a8f7fbbcdde150b95c.jpg

I guarantee that they'll do that shady thing that they do and give you the free months after you cancel your membership which nobody ever will, and if they do it will lock them into a higher price point when they get a new one.

The extra benefits on my Diamante Elite pass are quite bueno though.

Edited by coasterbill

I saw on the news a couple days ago that NYC won't even let a spouse/partner in the room. I hope we don't get to that level by May, when she's due. We will not tell our family when our child is born until we're home, since our In-Laws talked about how no-one can stop them from meeting us in the parking lot to see the baby. We have to completely isolate her from everyone.

That got overturned really quickly so I'd hope other states would at least allow once person in...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/health/new-york-hospital-childbirth-policy-overturned/index.html

That's good to hear. It was a concern of ours. Thanks for sharing.