TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

I also wanted to ask... how do people pass each other, staying 6 feet apart,

and going up AND down the same staircase? Are there Monitors at each level?

Probably will work with each row on the bannisters/hand rails/door handles.

Hopefully the stairs are that wide. But...a whole lotta cleaning gonna happen in breaks.

Below is what I had shared in the Canada's Wonderland forum. I thought I would share some positive crafty vibes here during difficult times!

I hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy lately during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak we have been experiencing! Since being temporarily laid off of work for a couple of weeks as of Friday, I decided to try my hand at being creative in order to pass some of the time. Below is a photo of a clock I customized today, displaying photos of various rides at Canada's Wonderland that I had taken over the past few years. I used Photoshop to compile the photos together within a clock face template. I think it turned out quite nicely!

20200321_161649_HDR_1.thumb.jpg.af789756a54489df75a72bc76f7d2de3.jpg

^ Great thing to do! And your clock looks awesome!

However, I have none of those skills, lol. Ah well. Life.

Just heard on the radio, that one of our Maritime Provinces,

is banning groups of people from gathering outdoors, that 'number' larger than 5.

EDIT: So what does a baby or babies, count as? = 1/2 person? 1/4 person? LoL.

LongDistanceHug.jpg.15c77d2a44750b2e3ef8436dde73a9dc.jpg

We failed that test. It’s taking emergency orders to keep people in

But who's enforcing the order? No one. Even despite that, the majority of people are still staying in. My co-workers and I joked today that there might as well be a "please" at the end of Illinois' shelter in place order. You're always going to have your shitheads, but this isn't quite the mass hysteria that it could be. You have to give people more credit than that.

Look at all of the companies that don't make medical supplies which are changing their product production to help with manufacturing essential supplies as quickly as possible. Has that even been done since WWII? Hell, Anheuser Busch is going to start producing hand sanitizer. People are volunteering to help hospitals sew makeshift masks. Even a selfish person like me offered to get groceries for my senior citizen neighbors.

I can't remember a significant event like this since the World Trade Center attack. I'm about as cynical as they come and even I'm seeing the positive in people during this crisis.

There are people around the world, having beach parties and Co-vid Parties...

Idiots.

p.s. I'm supposed to be kind and supportive, of morons like this? Who are/were

already probably passing IT back and forth like a ping pong / TAG YOU'VE GOT IT kinda thing.

Disgusting. RANT never Over.

coaster-page.png.c3d2bd99cd11c51697e9b7cafe7a1157.png

And on another note.....

I want to send my and support out to NEW YORK CITY, who back in the past, weathered one of the most awful events in our history....9/11. Again, they are being tested, but in a most different kind of way, medically.

Here's to them, and all the CAREGIVERS and MEDICAL WORKERS and POLICE STAFF, Customer Services Staff (Around The World)* who are on the jobs still, helping those of us who need that help and support.

You are loved and appreciated so much. Thank you.

* (Who also love roller coasters and theme parks)

As far as the beach parties and what not, you're seeing the small percentage of the negative and focusing on it. There's some truth to the fact that you can have nine positive experiences and one negative one. Yet, you'll remember the negative experience. That goes for people, too. Just like the idiots having the COVID-19 parties. They're not the majority. By watching the politics on the media you wouldn't know it, but the majority of us are rallying. There are plenty of opportunities for all of us to help. Even having the self control and making the sacrifice to stay inside is helping.

(Maybe for the first time in history doing nothing is actually doing something to make a difference. )

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by prozach626

I'm 100% with you on this Prozach! I too am actually very impressed by how many people have come together, all around the States at least, and are sacrificing their own comfort for the better good. The media, at least the major networks and papers, are doing their best to focus on the negative, and drive a message of fear and doom, instead of hope and resiliency, and that's unfortunate. This is a tragedy, and there's a lot of negative, serious issues still in play. But focusing only on those, and not acknowledging the good things that are happening, and the very valid reasons for optimism amid all of the bad news, is a bad look for the media, and those online that I've seen perpetuating it. Hopefully when all is said and done, this can be a unifying event in human history, and one that shows the good in people coming through, instead of the opposite. I've seen a lot of that, and I think highlighting that, instead of the foolish minority who are selfishly acting like nothing's wrong, and also focusing on our victories in this fight against the virus, rather than dwelling on the negative, and imagining doomsday scenarios, is the best way forward from here. That's my take at least.

I just hope folks realize that there will be no functioning economy as long as this disease is running rampant. The government can lift stay at home direction all they want, but a good portion of the public is still going to stay home and not spend money at places right now.

And historically, these types of events tend to be remembered as the human race overcoming tragedy and being stronger and better for it. Remember how kind everyone was to each other for months after 9/11. Most holocaust survivors (NOT to say this compares to the magnitude of that event in any way) went on to live normal lives, perspectives changed, but normal lives which is amazing when you think about it. They should have all come out of that situation as severely damaged individuals bent on revenge and murder of their assailants. Most did not.

My point being that while the idiots make the most noise, most people, the vast majority; will get through this just fine, be a little more grateful of what they have, and perhaps appreciate the fun and freedoms they will enjoy again a little more.

OK, done being the teacher for the day, I gotta go post some lessons on Valley Forge on line and see how many 7th graders are going to actually do them And get back to wondering if there is ANY chance in hell we will still get coasterstock since that is supposed to be my son's birthday present.

Portugal's Travel Board has put out a really good ad that everyone should take a moment to watch. Some of what the ad says-

“Nature, landscapes, beaches and monuments aren’t going anywhere,” the ad continues. “They will still be there waiting for a better time to be lived. And we must do the same for a while. It’s time to stop. The perfect time not to visit anything. Sometimes to rise is to stand still. It’s time to stop, stop and think of ourselves, think of everyone else too. It’s time to stop and refocus as a whole, for all. It’s time to understand and respect our times, respect one another. The faster we stop the sooner we will bond again. It’s time to dream of those amazing days to come.”

Here's a link to the whole ad, titled, "It's time to stop " "Can't skip hope".

The province of Quebec just SPIKED and is now the

largest number of cases per province, over 1000, in Canada.

Showoffs.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I AM KIDDING! And I miss visiting Montreal.

Looks like disney isn't doing anything on Tuesday which surprises me. People with trips on April 1 need to pay on Wednesday. Especially after universal extended their closing not sure what disney is waiting on. No way they can open April 1 especially with a stay home order in effect.

I purchased a flight to Orlando at end of April, still a month away. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next month. Going to hold out as long as possible before canceling, it was only $40 so really not concerned over losing the cash if I don't get a refund or credit.

No way they can open April 1 especially with a stay home order in effect.

Some Disney fan sites are reporting that Disney has told cast members to continue to stay home based on Orange County's mandate... I'm surprised Disney hasn't made a formal announcement yet as well.