TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

People saying this is just like the flu need to look up the mortality rates and see how well Italy's hospitals are doing.

Seriously, it isn't the danger of the virus once infected, it's about keeping the hospitals below the threshold so we can alleviate the death count. Yeah, if you're old you have a higher chance of dying on a ventilator, but what if you're 20-something and have pneumonia caused by the virus and because the hospital is full you can't get breathing support? You drown in your own bodily fluids slowly and painfully. Because you're stupid.

Exactly this. It's not about, "I'm only 23, so I can handle it." This is the bigger issue here.

This is getting absolutely insane, my local Target is completely stripped bare and all the schools just closed for at least a week all for a virus that gives 90% of people flu like symptoms at worst. I understand that the elderly and immune-compromised need to take this virus seriously but shutting down society and causing people to panic is doing more damage to the country and the global economy than the virus. Needless to say the only time I remember people panicking as much as they are now is this:

DIQsY72UwAArNsR?format=jpg&name=small

When was this?!!

^^ Yeah, that's a Hurricane evac (the give away is that both sides of freeway are being used for one direction).

it doesn't look like Texas tho, so I'd guess Louisiana? or maybe Florida?

This is getting absolutely insane, my local Target is completely stripped bare and all the schools just closed for at least a week all for a virus that gives 90% of people flu like symptoms at worst. I understand that the elderly and immune-compromised need to take this virus seriously but shutting down society and causing people to panic is doing more damage to the country and the global economy than the virus. Needless to say the only time I remember people panicking as much as they are now is this:

DIQsY72UwAArNsR?format=jpg&name=small

When was this?!!

Hurricane Rita evacuation 2005, mass panic that caused those traffic jams killed more people than the hurricane itself. We will see the same with this virus...

mass panic that caused those traffic jams killed more people than the hurricane itself. We will see the same with this virus...

I hope you are right but all of the doctors, nurses and other people I know in the health care system (family and friends) have the opposite view from yours.

France and Spain just shut down, that isn't done for the flu or irrational panic.

The whistleblower doctor in Wuhan, China was 34 when he died of this.

The US Surgeon General said today elective surgeries should no longer happen in our country to focus medical resources. I can't remember that ever having been said before.

mass panic that caused those traffic jams killed more people than the hurricane itself. We will see the same with this virus...

I hope you are right but all of the doctors, nurses and other people I know in the health care system (family and friends) have the opposite view from yours.

France and Spain just shut down, that isn't done for the flu or irrational panic.

The whistleblower doctor in Wuhan, China was 34 when he died of this.

The US Surgeon General said today elective surgeries should no longer happen in our country to focus medical resources. I can't remember that ever having been said before.

The main thing hospitals are worried about with this is that they could get overwhelmed with Cornavirus patients and not have enough resources to help others. We haven't see this yet here but in countries like Italy where a large proportion of their population is over 65 it has been a disaster. Again people under 65 are UNLIKELY to have serious complications from COVID19 unless they have some other condition that weakens their immune system.

A bunch of misinformation

Please shut up unless you can provide sources for these false claims. Spreading misinformation is one of the worst things you can do and judging by your post history you're not exactly qualified to be making such claims.

Please shut up unless you can provide sources for these false claims. Spreading misinformation is one of the worst things you can do and judging by your post history you're not exactly qualified to be making such claims.

The Dubai parks have also closed down.

Despite being the second outbreak, Everland and Lotte World in South Korea never closed down and are still open. Universal Singapore is also still operating. Looking back at the old TEA for an idea of big parks, Come Monday, will they now be the biggest parks that are still operating?

Again people under 65 are UNLIKELY to have serious complications from COVID19 unless they have some other condition that weakens their immune system.

How many of the younger people in America are realy that healthy? Isn't obesity a major issue?

Besides, yesterday a 16 year old with no prior health issues has been admitted to an IC unit in the Netherlands. https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/nederland/artikel/5056536/sehraz-breda-coronavirus-16-intensive-care-besmet-covid19

This is even getting uglier. University California Riverside has canceled in-person classes for the rest of the quarter. I heard some other school districts are talking about canceling the semester. I wanted to believe this was fake too. I heard too many people talk about Ebola and Zika thinking those were third-world problems. When I saw online comments that their US family members were in central China at offices of US manufacturers, I realized that the third-world has their international airports now, and their problems are ours too. Just like Africanized bees, fire ants, pythons in Florida or invasive carp; we are going to have more problems now and I need to get used to it, I can't go nuts because Knott's and Magic Mountain have been closed for one-day. I need to be like Tina and find my old copy of Rollercoaster Tycoon and a CD drive or something.

It sucks, we're all bummed, it is what it is.

No moaning or questioning scientists/those more qualified will change it. While this case is extreme...in general we have chosen a hobby that is prone to things like weather that at any time can ruin things. All we can do is deal.

It seems SF and CF parks are reopening April, its not THAT far away. I just hope they commit to this and things dont get pushed back farther. As its been pointed out tickets may be cheap, flights are cheap too. We can just wait and try to take advantage when things reopen.

Oh and listen to experts. I had 0 worry over Ebola, Zika, past outbreaks bc the health experts always stressed no need for concern. This time they have been. So it's that simple. Its just a hobby, we will live.

I need to be like Tina and find my old copy of Rollercoaster Tycoon and a CD drive or something.

My online rank in Mario Kart has never been higher, haha. Also with Doom Eternal releasing in 5 days I'm all set for any lockdowns!

So I went through and made a list of parks still open as of yesterday. I have no doubt this will change, but the US options are:

- Alpine/Mountain Coasters at most locations

- Belmont Park

- Castles n Coasters

- Fun Spot America

- Glenwood Caverns

- Galveston Island Pleasure Pier

- Joyland

- Kemah Boardwalk

- Las Vegas (Adventuredome, Stratosphere, Manhattan Express)

- Nickelodeon Universe (Mall of America)

- Pacific Park

- Park at OWA

- Scandia (Sacramento)

- Western Playland

- Wildlife World

I personally am going to wait until this calms down, but I was intrigued which places hadn't closed.

^ expect Kemah & Galveston Pleasure pier to not be open much longer. . . Gov. Abbot declared a "state of disaster" in Texas on Friday.

I fully expect that at some point tomorrow (Monday), Guidance will come out, and that which would likely force those closures.