TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

COVID-19 Coronavirus and Theme Parks Official Thread

Carowinds is delaying opening to April 3rd weekend. Castaway Bay closing. Knott's is closing now. Appears CF is starting their shut down procedures.

EDIT: Notification now removed from Carowinds. It was there temporarily.

if you trust someone on the TPR Facebook group, who claims to be staff at Seaworld Orlando park. . . sounds as if Mgmt is discussing today, and will have an announcement (one way or the other) by end of day if they will be shutting down some of the chain's parks.

and why wouldn't I trust someone on FB?

but yeah, I'm giving benefit of the doubt, and will see what news comes out today.

if you trust someone on the TPR Facebook group, who claims to be staff at Seaworld Orlando park. . . sounds as if Mgmt is discussing today, and will have an announcement (one way or the other) by end of day if they will be shutting down some of the chain's parks.

and why wouldn't I trust someone on FB?

but yeah, I'm giving benefit of the doubt, and will see what news comes out today.

Buy those flash sale tickets now before they close the parks for 2 weeks and then have to honor the tickets past the May 17th expiration date!

Carowinds is delaying opening to April 3rd weekend. Castaway Bay closing. Knott's is closing now. Appears CF is starting their shut down procedures.

EDIT: Notification now removed from Carowinds. It was there temporarily.

Carowinds has theirs back up now. Definitely closed.

Both Six Flags Texas parks just shut down effective immediately, thru the end of March.

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/plan-your-visit/coronavirus-update

feel really bad for TeacherKim, who was coming to Texas tomorrow for the parks (and to meet up with me at the parks), but understood.

"If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020 you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date."

Looks like we know when the next ticket price increase is coming.

Well (some) theme parks have shut down here in the Netherlands, it was inevitable.

While I completely understand the situation, I'm a bit upset it didn't happen after this weekend as tomorrow I wanted to go to the Efteling but public safety should not be jeopardized so I can get my entertainment. I really hope this blows over quickly and life can start to stabilized in the next month or something.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom just announced that they are closing through the end of the month, after which they will reevaluate the situation. Selfishly, I'm a bit bummed, as I wanted to visit Sunday to take advantage of low crowds. However, it's far outweighed by feeling glad that, at last, we're starting to do what needs to be done. I'm a teacher, and am now making lesson plans for "remote learning". We're all gearing up for school closures here in the Bay Area. This is needed, and hopefully flattens that curve somewhat.

To be more specific: I buy a theme park ticket with a fixed (although changeable) date. The park has to close on that date. They are not legally obligated to refund the ticket price? (where I life, they would be)

(Politcal BS that has no place in the discussion.)

And how well is Italy doing with their "free" government-run healthcare-for-all in this situation? Please take your opinions on to the functionality of health care in the US elsewhere.

I wasn't comparing the US to Italy. Both countries have extremely corrupt governments and are not civilized in any sense of the word. But keep drinking the grape-flavored sugar water; that's what the government expects.

To be more specific: I buy a theme park ticket with a fixed (although changeable) date. The park has to close on that date. They are not legally obligated to refund the ticket price? (where I life, they would be)

(Politcal BS that has no place in the discussion.)

And how well is Italy doing with their "free" government-run healthcare-for-all in this situation? Please take your opinions on to the functionality of health care in the US elsewhere.

I wasn't comparing the US to Italy. Both countries have extremely corrupt governments and are not civilized in any sense of the word. But keep drinking the grape-flavored sugar water; that's what the government expects.

as a good American, you only know how to give air to your mouth.

a bit like your president

A Message from Richard Zimmerman, Chief Executive Officer,

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

Dear Valued Guest,

At Cedar Fair, there is nothing more important than the safety of our guests and associates. This is our highest priority now and always.

As we continue to monitor developments surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to provide you with another park update. We will be postponing the opening of California's Great America this season until Saturday, April 4. We believe this decision is in the best interest of our associates, our guests, and our community.

We will work with guests who have prepaid tickets during the time period of our park closure. Refunds may be requested at social@cagreatamerica.com.

We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. Additionally, we are maintaining close relationships with local, state, national and international public health authorities and are taking their guidance as additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.

Our guests and associates are considered family. We have your well-being at the forefront of our decision-making. We appreciate your continued loyalty and trust in Cedar Fair and our family of parks and resorts.

Sincerely,

Richard Zimmerman

Chief Executive Officer

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

Oddly enough, Magic Mountain and Knott's are both open today. Starting tomorrow, they will be closed the rest of March. I'm thinking of trying to dip out of work early to grab some last rides this afternoon.