TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Yeah, I rode it in '02 (I think) and it was possibly the most pointless ride ever...yet we got really, really wet....

It must've been after because I didn't see it there in '03. I would've probably avoided it then had it been there anyways. Back then I was still being blown away by the intense and insane airtime on Cyclops, still my number one wooden coaster.

I can't wait to move to Indianapolis (knock on wood) soon so I can be closer to all my favorite parks.

Well, it wasn't 2004, so I'm not sure why you missed it.......

Yeah, I rode it in '02 (I think) and it was possibly the most pointless ride ever...yet we got really, really wet....

It must've been after because I didn't see it there in '03. I would've probably avoided it then had it been there anyways. Back then I was still being blown away by the intense and insane airtime on Cyclops, still my number one wooden coaster.

I can't wait to move to Indianapolis (knock on wood) soon so I can be closer to all my favorite parks.

You're right, I must have been there a couple of years later, because they were building Hades at the time. So it must have been 2004. My mistake. Sorry.

You're right, I must have been there a couple of years later, because they were building Hades at the time. So it must have been 2004. My mistake. Sorry.

Yeah, well... just don't let it happen again. I'm kidding. All this talk about the Dells just makes me want to go back there more and more. Good coasters and all the mullet-goodness-jinky-ride fun you can stand!

Yeah, well... just don't let it happen again. I'm kidding. All this talk about the Dells just makes me want to go back there more and more. Good coasters and all the mullet-goodness-jinky-ride fun you can stand!

Yeah, it really is the Mullet Capital of the U.S.

Yeah, me and my daughter will always remember that ride as the "do-it-yourself" water coaster since we had to push ourselves most of the way to and from the coaster itself.

I think it was said very well earlier when someone said it was pointless, but did they get wet! I getting off the ride thinking, "It may take me a couple days just to dry off from this stupid thing!" It felt like we were totally submerged when we hit the bottom...heck, on that ride, we may have been totally underwater.

At the ACE Mt. Olympus event we had a Q&A session with the park owner. He said that Dive to Atlantis was one of the worst investments that he had ever made, because of late opening (late in 2004), maintenance costs, and breakdowns. He told us that last summer a ride operator noticed that the track (coaster part of it) had basically broken off/ cracked and snapped off. They e-stopped it so that no accident happened with a train/ boat. They fixed it by welding the track back together and ran it for the rest of the 2007 season. After that they chose to take it out. They now have a picnic/ group catering area there.

During the event the owner's wife said that we could help ourselves to any Dive to Atlantis parts that we wanted. We looked through it but it was mainly scrap metal.

They also sold their Disk-O to somebody in Mexico because "they got an offer that they couldn't resist."

Thanks for the update SixFlagsGuy, I too am glad I didn't die trying to get that credit...that would've been an almost embarrasing way to die!

But the Disko sale I just don't understand. As far as the Parthenon indoor section that was easily one of the longer lines we waited in at the park, that ride was super popular with people. That must've been a truly irresistable deal from that mexican buyer.

He told us that last summer a ride operator noticed that the track (coaster part of it) had basically broken off/ cracked and snapped off. They e-stopped it so that no accident happened with a train/ boat. They fixed it by welding the track back together and ran it for the rest of the 2007 season. After that they chose to take it out.

Hey, at least they didn't use duct tape and krazy glue. Looks like Wisconsin isn't as backwater as I thought!

Glad I got the Dive To Atlantis credit last year and by the sounds of it I'm lucky not to die on it, though I almost died of boredom anyway.

Selling the Disko is a bit mystifying, but money must have talked very loudly.

A Eurofighter would be very nice at Mt O, or anywhere for that matter.

I got to ride it last year. It tries to be both a coaster and flume, but fails at both. The theming (or rather the lack of theming) left much to be desired too.

I did get to ride the Disk-o, at least partially, as I was in the TPR group that broke it last year.

They had the Disk-O outside during the 2006 season. It sat just to the left of the Robo-coaster ride. For the late fall/winter season they put the Disk-O inside the rides building where it stayed for the following 2007 season. I wondered if they ever fixed all of those broken seats before selling it.

1968066474_m24_2741.jpg.d45875580704087f68249bf638a684cf.jpg

The Disk-O during the summer 2006 season.

When me and my group rode it on the midwest trip we bottomed out the boat and had to push ourselves along through the water. We got in the boat and waited for it to go. The ride op looked at us and said "You have to push."

That was horrifying. And to make matters worse it wasn't the last time that happened to us on the trip either.

I guess I need to repeat it...I saw the Disk-O and took that picture THREE WEEKS AGO! So why are people saying it was sold?

Well they could have sold it in principle, and just plan on shipping it out at the end of the season.

It could be packed up and ready to ship in a few hours.

For some reason or another I was looking at Mt. Olympus on RCDB and noticed the same thing a little while back. I sort of wish I had a chance to ride it, but with the mediocre reviews that everyone has been giving it, I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

I was there on 7/9 and when I have a chance, I will be posting my trip report. I can confirm that there is no disko anywhere. It is gone.

You're kidding...I took this picture on June 26th and it was right in front of the Helios go-kart track!!!

IMG_2886.jpg.71fd74e0c8e93c5055765f8a039c5f94.jpg

I was there on 7/9 and when I have a chance, I will be posting my trip report. I can confirm that there is no disko anywhere. It is gone.

You're kidding...I took this picture on June 26th and it was right in front of the Helios go-kart track!!!

Well two weeks is plenty of time to pack up a disko.

Assuming they did sell it, they could easilly have packed it up and hauled it away in a day. It's not a large ride by any means.

Well two weeks is plenty of time to pack up a disko.

Assuming they did sell it, they could easilly have packed it up and hauled it away in a day. It's not a large ride by any means.

In the exact MIDDLE of a season?!?! What would the point in that be?!!

oh, wait..what am I saying...this is Mt. Olympus, the most bizarre, weirdly run park in the U.S........

In the exact MIDDLE of a season?!?! What would the point in that be?!!

oh, wait..what am I saying...this is Mt. Olympus, the most bizarre, weirdly run park in the U.S........

I agree, it's odd.

I'm just pointing out that the ride could have been removed at any time.

But really, removing a disko isn't going to make much of a difference. People go to that park for the coasters or the go-kart tracks. No one will probably even notice it's gone.