TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

I saw that Mt. Olympus is going to be opening a slide wheel from White Water next year. Honestly, it is the most terrifying thing I have heard in a long time. Not the slide itself; just that it is going to be AT Mt. Olympus.

I've always been wondering when a slide wheel would finally make it to the US! I always figured it would go to a Six Flags owned water park... Not sure if I'm excited that it's coming to Mt. Olympus.

Apparently it's going to be called Hercules...

Americas First SlideWheel!

Coming in the Summer of 2021 this monster of an attraction will take just under a year to complete!

A familiar sight in amusement parks, the captivating display of moving attractions has never been seen or experienced before in a Water Park this side of the planet. You won’t see anything quite like this anywhere in the Americas. It’s a first-of-its-kind anchor attraction with a first-of-its-kind Ride experience.

Source.

I saw that Mt. Olympus is going to be opening a slide wheel from White Water next year. Honestly, it is the most terrifying thing I have heard in a long time. Not the slide itself; just that it is going to be AT Mt. Olympus.

thanks screamscape

I think I've watched half a dozen videos of these slide wheels and still can't decide if the concept is super cool or kind of lame, it's just so hard to tell what the experience is actually like from the video. I'd love to go on one sometime, glad to see one getting built stateside.

I think I've watched half a dozen videos of these slide wheels and still can't decide if the concept is super cool or kind of lame, it's just so hard to tell what the experience is actually like from the video. I'd love to go on one sometime, glad to see one getting built stateside.

Agreed. Looks really cool from the outside. POVs look kind of lame.

• 1 month later...

In 2020, you must now stay at the Mt. Olympus Resort in order to access the park.

MtO.thumb.JPG.bb376158ab81003b3719e0881a6be468.JPG

One other thing I'm wondering about is if they'll even run Hades 360 this year with social distancing in place. They refused to run that ride with anything less than a full train last year.

Doesn't Mt. Olympus own a TON of hotels in the town now? So I bet they still have plenty of people just based on 'resort' guests. I wonder more about their staffing cause don't they normally get a ton of Eastern European's to come for the summer as ride ops?

I'm not sure I like the precedent this is setting. Many theme parks won't follow suit as they haven't ventured into hotels, but Disney and Universal could certainly follow this approach if they're required to only allow a percentage of their capacity in. It would keep their occupancy rate high while keeping park guest numbers close to the restrictions. After seeing Shanghai's wait times and distancing methods I'm chomping at the bit to do a Disneyland Resort trip when they reopen but if it comes with a $200-$600 per night requirement then forget it.

I'm not sure I like the precedent this is setting. Many theme parks won't follow suit as they haven't ventured into hotels, but Disney and Universal could certainly follow this approach if they're required to only allow a percentage of their capacity in. It would keep their occupancy rate high while keeping park guest numbers close to the restrictions. After seeing Shanghai's wait times and distancing methods I'm chomping at the bit to do a Disneyland Resort trip when they reopen but if it comes with a $200-$600 per night requirement then forget it.

Disney operated hotels usually are at 100% occupancy aren't they? I don't think they would really benefit that much from that policy.

I foresee restrictions like crazy when they first open because "liability" and to appeal to the public but they will quickly reduce restrictions.

Disney operated hotels usually are at 100% occupancy aren't they? I don't think they would really benefit that much from that policy.

Yes they are, which is why a resort hotel guest only policy would be attractive to them but not to me, Mr. $75 Super 8.

Yes they are, which is why a resort hotel guest only policy would be attractive to them but not to me, Mr. $75 Super 8.

Disney and Universal are pretty smart and don't want to turn down any money from off-site guests. Once the social distancing is lifted, they need the local hotels again. While social distancing, I could see either company requiring you to make a reservation to enter a particular park and then open that reservation period to their own hotel guests earlier than offsite or pass holders, but they aren't turning down money from guests that just purchased a ticket and drove there for the day or pass holders unless they reach capacity.

^Unless we're talking about a "this is what you don't do" precedent.

Someone should bring back Goofus and Gallant, only Goofus is Mt. Olympus and Gallant is every other park.

goofus-gallant-3.jpg