TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
I forget, was the actual Pilgrim's Plunge scrapped or simply removed?

I'm pretty sure it was scrapped, but I'm not sure.

I don't think there's any chance any park buys a similar ride anytime soon, though.

I read on Screamscape that Intamin made a 2nd one for a park that cancelled it.

• 3 months later...

^I've ridden coasters there as early as the first week of April. It really depends on the crowds they are predicting, whether the rides are ready and if they have the staff to operate them. There is no rhyme, reason or schedule for what and when they open attractions, so typically I call a couple of days ahead and tell them to give me their best guess.

^I've ridden coasters there as early as the first week of April. It really depends on the crowds they are predicting, whether the rides are ready and if they have the staff to operate them. There is no rhyme, reason or schedule for what and when they open attractions, so typically I call a couple of days ahead and tell them to give me their best guess.

Good point. Last year they shut down Hades360 before the season was over. If I remember correctly it was in early October. I would recommend calling first as mentioned.

Do they still have a log ride?

I don't see one on their website.

No log fume at Mount Olympus. There is one down the road (less than a mile from Mt. Olympus) at Timber Falls Adventure Park. Besides having a log fume they also have a kick a** woodie called Hellcat.

Yes, he'll cat was a blast. I would say it's the best coaster in the Dells. Did Mt Olympus used to have a log flume? I was just watching a DVD that had some footage on the park, and they had a weird looking water flume ride. Kinda like the journey to Atlantis ride at SeaWorld San Antonio.

^Why yes they did. I was only there once when it was there and on 3 separate occasions that day i saw it valley on the dip up top. You can also check out the RCDB page. Pretty interesting ride that had a short life. Probably the biggest surprise is that it was not taken out because it sent someone to the hospital or worse

Okay, thanks. I'll give them a call before heading up.

Here are some pics I took of the new ride when I went in August. Easily my worst park experience ever in terms of crowds and the way the park was run. Too bad, it could have so much potential.

2008912086_ScreenShot2016-03-02at7_46_41PM.thumb.png.bda218aae3f905cb04eba0c056e88a9a.png

100 feet of fun.. it was really good

1413809017_ScreenShot2016-03-02at7_46_50PM.thumb.png.f8f9a8089d67d5ed34ec49a14a7f7a1a.png

it replaced the bumper boats

259007860_ScreenShot2016-03-02at7_47_20PM.thumb.png.0418c42765a4ac0f7c8e05f1756bc870.png

where Opa was... soooo empty for the advertised "indoor amusement park"

657325414_ScreenShot2016-03-02at7_50_14PM.thumb.png.82fe92f21206dc9ed16bb84c26640e4b.png

$7.00 tickets... we got ours for $5. and $20 to park. WTF!

Sounds like they are more concerned about filling up their hotel rooms.

Their home page is quite amusing.

"TODAY'S SPECIAL. THIS OFFER ENDS AT MIDNIGHT. Save Up To $120 Off Nightly." Along with a countdown to midnight timer to hammer the message home.

Except TODAY'S SPECIAL has been exactly the same every day for about a month.

Sounds like they are more concerned about filling up their hotel rooms.

Their home page is quite amusing.

"TODAY'S SPECIAL. THIS OFFER ENDS AT MIDNIGHT. Save Up To $120 Off Nightly." Along with a countdown to midnight timer to hammer the message home.

Except TODAY'S SPECIAL has been exactly the same every day for about a month.

If you click on the Mt. Olympus website more than once you are doing it wrong.