TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

This amusement park really needs to get its crap together with crowd control, maintenance, and safety. What with Opa and Catapult both closing down within 2 years due to accidents, that should be a sign that they need to step up their game. Sure, they may be the powerhouse park in Wisconsin, but they're getting a bad rep both locally and nationally. The owner is too addicted to money that he doesn't use it to improve his park.

That is my rant.

• 1 month later...

I had no idea until tonight about the $20 cash-only parking. I had just called the park asking about tickets and confirmed that parking was free, (I didn't see these posts until a few minutes ago) and she's like no.. $20. Then I said, well it's not on your website and she says "oh, I never look at the website"

I know it's only money, but holy cow, it's the principle!

I would go here and ride the coasters if I was in the area, but not something I would go out of my way for... Though it's almost got this "Action Park" mystique about it that makes me want to check it out some time. Cyclops looks very nice, and I do want to try Hades once (only once if it's as rough as its reputation) but other than that, a bunch of go karts? $20 parking doesn't help it be any more attractive, but I guess It's the backhanded "Hey get in cheap!" and then they hit you hard for everything else, I imagine.

Tickets online are down to $5 apiece for POP. If you have more than a couple people to share the parking fee, great. If not, park down the street at one of the other attractions that doesn't have warnings in the lots and set yourself in the back. Arrive early to try and get frontish of the line on something.

Yeah, this sale is nuts. Two guests can stay on-property in a 2-queen room for $80 (taxes/fees included) tomorrow night. That's including all park admissions for both people, the room, and three hours resort-guest ERT from 5-8pm.

I have no idea how nice the hotel is, and I realize the serious downside in park operations, but any way you slice it....even if you have to pay the $20 parking (and I'm thinking you may not?)... that is still an incredible deal. I bet the ERT gives some decent ride time.

^Let me tell you about a potential experience in one of the rooms. You could be next to a family, or families, that do not have the same sleep schedule as you. Rest assured that the walls are made of particle board or some other such material that encourages communal sound. Let's say that the people across from you enjoy the Disney Channel and it gets to be going onto 11:30 pm and, for some unknown reason [maybe an elderly person hard of hearing], they are blasting at unconscionable decibels. Then, as you are about to knock on the door to request that they cut the noise a bit, you hear one of the adults in the room threaten to "whoop the a**" of a young child in the room, because she doesn't listen. She is being calmed down by another adult, but I stopped mid-knock, because I had a feeling I could re-escalate the situation.

You call the front desk and someone comes and knocks on the door. The sound is turned down a bit. The adults leave for a bit at about 12:00 pm. There is a nightclub called Club Wett across the street. I am not making this up. They return at 2:00ish and the sound gets cranked up again and the dancing commences.

Just do me a favor, sleep in your car, grab a tent, find other lodging and pay the entrance fee to the park. Oh, and while you are at it, buy some Red Bulls for the two sleepy attendants sure to be dispatching the Hades 360 trains. I went last week and I timed out three train dispatches in 27 minutes. I got there at opening and Hades 360 ran its first train at 12:10, Zeus ran its first train at 11:40 and, unfortunately, I got on towards the front. The violence of Zeus after the turnaround was impressive.

Their list price for admission is $45. They're selling tickets for $5. That's 88% off the price of "regular admission", which of course you cannot buy anywhere. If someone wanted, they could probably take them to court for this kind of manipulative selling, but I'm sure the actual family is insulated by concentric rings of shell companies and you would see exactly 0.00 back from the endeavor.

I've also heard the exclusive resort person ERT may include some rides or just one ride or whatever it is the park feels like running that day.

The last time I remember a park discounting this heavily, their coasters ending up in Vietnam.

I think that was 1/2 off (19.96 Vs 45?)

This is 7 instead of 45-50?

Freestyle Park had a 2 for $17.76 special most of their last season.

We stayed at Mt Olympus for 5 days. Our daughter had a dance competition down the street and we thought it would be the best place to stay. Was that a mistake! I should of known what i was in for when i asked where the smoking section was in the park. Employee looked at me and said anywhere is fine, nobody here worries about where you smoke. Laughed and walked away.

I just came back from my trip to MN/WI and hit the coasters in the Dells.

First thoughts on Mount Olympus:

I'll eventually have a trip report, but we took advantage of the $5 tickets (which turned out to be a little over $7 with taxes.

- Hated the $20 parking but at least I could put it on a credit card.

- Employees seemed very nice

- crowds were INSANE... 75 minutes on Hades (loved the ride, though!)

- Didn't like that adults were not allowed on Little Titans

- Liked the duel loading go cart track configuration

- very hilly and i kept tripping over curbs, but as far as safety, everything seemed okay

- Park has great potential ... (second trains on two of the bigger coasters would help)

- Zeus was fantastic... until the first curve after the hills, then it killed me

- Really liked Matador

- too cold to swim outdoors, so more people were riding than swimming, but we really didn't have time

- wife hated the park... she didn't like the only wood coaster she rode which was Cyclops, so all she really could do was the swing ride and some go carts, but since it was so busy, we only rode 2 tracks

- I think the true guests who benefit from this park are the resort guests

- Had to laugh at the highly advertised "INDOOR theme park" since there are 4 small rides, a couple of stores/snack bars and an arcade in it (since Opa was removed)

I think the true guests who benefit from this park are the resort guests

From what I have heard, I don't think anyone benefits from staying on-site.

Well, they do get an extra 3 hours of ERT once the park closes to the public. But yeah, I've read the horror stories on here. But with everything, you hear the good more than you do the bad, and I must say, as busy as the park was, people were getting off the rides smiling and cheering.

Well, they do get an extra 3 hours of ERT once the park closes to the public. But yeah, I've read the horror stories on here. But with everything, you hear the good more than you do the bad, and I must say, as busy as the park was, people were getting off the rides smiling and cheering.

I guess three hours of slow operations on painful or boring rides is better than three hours in your room at Mt. Olympus. Although I could imagine 3 hours on their go-karts would be nice with the right crowd.

I guess three hours of slow operations on painful or boring rides is better than three hours in your room at Mt. Olympus. Although I could imagine 3 hours on their go-karts would be nice with the right crowd.

Don't forget to add unsafe rides in there too lol!

^You were lucky. Many of us have been at the park when the ride ops don't check restraints, step in the path of oncoming trains, smoke on the exit stairs, turn their backs on guests who are waiting, overload water slides, refuse to clean vomit from rides, etc.