TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

I don't think they ever test their rides before opening. I'm 100% sure our first train on Hades360 ERT was the first train of that day we visited. For those who wish to go there, Little Amerricka is better.

Hope that man will wake up from his coma.

I was on the first public train of Hades 360 last May and they sent the train out twice before calling the employees for five rides before calling the public in.

Then I'm sure they used all of us in the tour to test their coaster.

Both Zamperla/Reverchon spinning mouse coasters on the Texas/Midwest tour last year are leaving their parks... Weird.

Very glad to hear he's out of the coma. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery. Four bad lap bars... christ.

I'm certainly not making excuses for Mt. O, but I do find the weight violation a little odd. How are the operators supposed to know if the cars are overweight? It's not like they have giant scales like on Flying Turns. I assume standard procedure would be if all the riders fit, they're good to go.

I'm only shocked in that they only found 4 safety violations. By removing Opa, Mt. Olympus now only has 1-train operation on all their coasters.

^^^The difference between two and three trains is drastically smaller than the difference between one and two, it would definitely not be worth it to heavily modify the ride to run three.

I don't think they ever test their rides before opening. I'm 100% sure our first train on Hades360 ERT was the first train of that day we visited. For those who wish to go there, Little Amerricka is better.

Bay Beach is better than Mt. Olympus. At least they know wooden coasters can run 2 trains on purpose. I hope that man sues the park and I hope Mt. Olympus realizes the error of their ways.

Um, the guy could be dead by now for all we know. The place doesn't need to be sued, it needs to be shut down.

They don't need to be shut down, They need to be sold to a management that knows how to operate parks. Merlin or Palace would work wonders.

The park also has stopped posting on their Facebook page since the incident as well since the last post was made March 4th. Compared to Six Flags, which was public about their incident, I really don't think silence is the best choice in something like this.

Agreed! Not addressing the situation only makes the situation worse in the general public in regards to aggravation, rumors getting out of hand, etc., Are we really surprised though? It isn't like I would call this park the most "professional" in the world.

^^^The difference between two and three trains is drastically smaller than the difference between one and two, it would definitely not be worth it to heavily modify the ride to run three.

Bay Beach is better than Mt. Olympus. At least they know wooden coasters can run 2 trains on purpose. I hope that man sues the park and I hope Mt. Olympus realizes the error of their ways.

Um, the guy could be dead by now for all we know. The place doesn't need to be sued, it needs to be shut down.

They don't need to be shut down, They need to be sold to a management that knows how to operate parks. Merlin or Palace would work wonders.

That would be the more desirable option. I'm one of the ones who thinks Hades' layout has more potential than most other wooden coasters in existence.

^I think we all agree it has some potential, right? I mean, imagine it being super smooth with RMC topper track: I think it would be really cool with all those speedy underground sections.

^F*ck topper track. I'm sick of hearing about how every old/rough wooden coaster would be so much better with topper track. Some people actually like their wooden coasters a little rough around the edges, thanks.

Not that I'm saying it should stay how it is. All it needs is extensive retracking and regular maintenance.

^And some people like to actually enjoy a ride without it ripping their spleen apart.

"Extensive Retracking and Regular Maintenance" is something this park can never do, and most parks can't afford. So you're pretty much out of luck if you want more parks to build big wooden coasters that don't turn to crap.

Topper track will save rides and keep some options open. Learn to like it or move along.

My vote is just to burn Hades 360 to the ground.

A friend of mine recently asked me about the Opa accident. I guess she saw it some news feed. She's seemed to be worried but I explained to her that Mt. Olympus doesn't follow a lot of the rules as other parks. I mean they screwed in loose bolts on Hades train seconds before they were about to dispatch us. I would not be surprised if eventually the waterpark is only left standing. Along with tons of dirty hotels.

A friend of mine recently asked me about the Opa accident. I guess she saw it some news feed. She's seemed to be worried but I explained to her that Mt. Olympus doesn't follow a lot of the rules as other parks. I mean they screwed in loose bolts on Hades train seconds before they were about to dispatch us. I would not be surprised if eventually the waterpark is only left standing. Along with tons of dirty hotels.

The was surprising to see that when it happened! Basically the attendant went up the left side of the train checking the lapbars and when she got to around the middle of the train, she tugged on it and it came all the way open. Next a maintenance guy came over, tightened a bolt of the side of the car and the lapbar tightened up again. I swear we were the first train of the day considering that is also something that would've been caught in the morning test-runs if they had any.

While everyone is complaining about how badly the park is managed, the quality of the coasters, and who the finger should be pointed at, am I the only one who's curious as to what will Opa be replaced with? I could easily see a Vekoma roller skater in that space. And as for everyone who is complaining about the lack of safety at the park, you do realize that it's in a state where people wear cheese on their heads to watch football.

While everyone is complaining about how badly the park is managed, the quality of the coasters, and who the finger should be pointed at, am I the only one who's curious as to what will Opa be replaced with? I could easily see a Vekoma roller skater in that space. And as for everyone who is complaining about the lack of safety at the park, you do realize that it's in a state where people wear cheese on their heads to watch football.

That's too smooth and high capacity for the park. Maybe a Little Dipper with Mean Streak wheels and OTSRs? Remember, Just because Mt. O removes something, Doesn't mean it will be replaced with a ride.

PS, That state is also home to Noah's Ark, Kalahari, Wilderness, Little Amerricka, And Bay Beach which have very few problems. It's not the state, It's the Owner doing less than the bare minimum to get a buck. Hades could have 2 trains, But then they have to maintain both of them. That's a quote as to why Hades 360 wouldn't have 2 trains.

^And some people like to actually enjoy a ride without it ripping their spleen apart.

"Extensive Retracking and Regular Maintenance" is something this park can never do, and most parks can't afford. So you're pretty much out of luck if you want more parks to build big wooden coasters that don't turn to crap.

Topper track will save rides and keep some options open. Learn to like it or move along.

If Holiday World and Knoebels can afford it, why can't every park? People around here love to rag on the Voyage, but plenty of others disagree and HW does everything they can to keep it rideable. And that's not the only example of big wooden coasters that haven't turned to crap. You can't tell me I need to learn to love topper track until it's a more standard thing that lots of parks have invested in, which thus far is not the case. RMC can save broken-down mediocre rides that don't have particularly unique or exciting layouts to begin with. The Beast, Voyage, and certainly Hades do not need it.

The was surprising to see that when it happened! Basically the attendant went up the left side of the train checking the lapbars and when she got to around the middle of the train, she tugged on it and it came all the way open. Next a maintenance guy came over, tightened a bolt of the side of the car and the lapbar tightened up again. I swear we were the first train of the day considering that is also something that would've been caught in the morning test-runs if they had any.

I was in the car that that happened on, though luckily it was on the seat next to mine. Still...I was pretty damn nervous about that ride.

I was in the car that that happened on, though luckily it was on the seat next to mine. Still...I was pretty damn nervous about that ride.

Say what you will about SFMM but they do maintenance before people get on the ride.

If Holiday World and Knoebels can afford it, why can't every park? People around here love to rag on the Voyage, but plenty of others disagree and HW does everything they can to keep it rideable. And that's not the only example of big wooden coasters that haven't turned to crap. You can't tell me I need to learn to love topper track until it's a more standard thing that lots of parks have invested in, which thus far is not the case. RMC can save broken-down mediocre rides that don't have particularly unique or exciting layouts to begin with. The Beast, Voyage, and certainly Hades do not need it.

Wow, you're really hell bent on arguing every single post someone writes, aren't you? You've really become one of our most annoying posters lately. Perhaps you should take a step back and look how abrasive you've been and re-think some of the arguments you've made.

--Robb "Just being honest with you..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I'll agree that The Beast doesn't need it (one of maybe 3 wooden coasters I've been on that I feel the shakiness adds to the fun of the ride) but Hades could most definitely use topper track. Hades has a very aggressive layout that would tear up brand new wooden track in no time. A park like Mt. Olympus can't even maintain their coasters now so completely re-tracking Hades wouldn't do much good unless it was with topper track.