TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

I have no concerns about the structure(Gravity Group), my concerns lie with the park and their maintenance/upkeep of the ride. Since they have done major re-tracking, it should be good this summer, but how will it be in a few years?

The same, because they'll only have 3 dispatches within that time.

^Please give us your expert insight as to why you think it's unsafe.

It doesn't look well supported in the center. It looks well supported on the sides and looks unsupported at the top.

If you knew the basic physics of how a coaster moves through an element like that, you'd understand that the design is perfectly safe and well engineered.

I think we can all calm down and stop second guessing the engineers.

This looks awesome, I too worry about maintenance (my overriding memory of this this is extreme pain!!) but hopefully the park does a better job of protecting their investment this time around.

I think we can all calm down and stop second guessing the engineers.

This looks awesome, I too worry about maintenance (my overriding memory of this this is extreme pain!!) but hopefully the park does a better job of protecting their investment this time around.

Agreed. Hopefully it is a smooth ride when I ride it.

^Please give us your expert insight as to why you think it's unsafe.

It doesn't look well supported in the center. It looks well supported on the sides and looks unsupported at the top.

I'm sure the guys who have been building roller coasters for years (many of them considered among the best on the planet) know what they're doing.

In this interview with park owner Nick Laskaris he said they had to have Hades open for memorial day even if they had to work around the clock, so maybe there was a lot of overnight testing? Still kind of odd that there hasn't been anything from anyone about it testing, but I'm sure Gravity Group wouldn't hand over the keys if it wasn't ready.

He also said that the other three wooden coasters also received lots of re-tracking to help smooth them out.

Yeah Gravity Group has posted this on twitter.

#Hades360 opens tomorrow at noon! We can't wait to show you a Gravity Group style inversion! #TGG

I guess they don't need any testing? I hope a TPR member near by can go check it out.

Ooooh, it sure is tempting to drive up. I'm 50 minutes away and it would be awesome to make it out there for the grand reopening, but I'm saddled with work on both Saturday and Sunday. However, Monday I might be free, and I just so happen to have 4 water park tickets that can be upgraded. I was a good boy during finals, so I deserve to have some fun. Here's hoping!

Wow. Just got the official word, noon today it is. Trains just delivered this week...oh my.

Finally, it's here! HADES 360, the world's first upside-down, underground, wooden rollercoaster! We're unleashing the unique technological marvel that is Hades 360 Today at HIGH NOON!

Integrating the underground uniqueness of our Hades rollercoaster with a 360-degree upside-down loop, along with a 110-degree over-banked turn, Hades 360's state-of-the-art rollercoaster will give you the feeling of riding on a steel coaster through Hades!

The Hades 360 transformation is guaranteed to exceed far beyond the expectations of any mere mortal.

Be the first to ride Hades 360 - OPENS TODAY at HIGH NOON!

160x600_hades_360.jpg.7f8149fb2f867669feb139652fc7c2f6.jpg