TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Thank you Mt. Olympus management for little ally saying “Yeah we don’t care if you walk in the construction area and take pictures of it!”

Only at Mt. Olympus. Feel free to walk through the construction zone, just remember we are not responsible if you get hurt you do so at your own risk.

I'm surprised they don't have it fenced off.

It does look incredibly painful though!

It is amazing to me that people have climbed over fences and into restricted areas at other parks and gotten themselves killed, yet Mount Olympus is able to keep everything completely open and had no major incidents because of it.

Cause Mt. Olympus isn't a main park like a Six Flags, Disney, or Busch. However once Mt. Olympus gets acquired by some company, Then you'll see lawsuits.

It is amazing to me that people have climbed over fences and into restricted areas at other parks and gotten themselves killed, yet Mount Olympus is able to keep everything completely open and had no major incidents because of it.

Maybe people who go to Mt. Olympus have more common sense than we care to think. Doesn't really make the park any better than chain/better run family parks though.

Has an opening date been set yet? Its not even looking like this thing is going to make the six flags' late deadline of memorial day weekend. Still a lot of track work needed then testing....Id say July is looking like the likely date if they complete trackwork in the next month or so

Has an opening date been set yet? Its not even looking like this thing is going to make the six flags' late deadline of memorial day weekend. Still a lot of track work needed then testing....Id say July is looking like the likely date if they complete trackwork in the next month or so

I thought the six flags late deadline was July 4th?

But seriously, who thought of this? Maybe it'll get one of those "must be 18 years or older to ride... and also sign this release" signs when it finally opens up.

No airtime to be had on that hill, in fact, this happened quite frequently:

Haven't ridden this since '07, but it wasn't enjoyable then, very shaky. That barrel roll looks, as mentioned before, terrifying! Why do I see water dummies actually losing limbs in this?

That, ladies and gentleman, is why anti-rollback devices are installed on tall wooden coaster hills.

I don't understand why that would happen so frequently. What were they doing when they were designing that thing?

I don't understand why that would happen so frequently. What were they doing when they were designing that thing?

To be fair, it was Gravity Group's first roller coaster outside CCI so there was some learning to be done. A lot of CCIs actually crawl over one or two hills or turns in their layouts, and some Gravity Group rides carry that element over (Hades, Boardwalk Bullet). You can see that they clearly learned to lower their hills after this one - though why they didn't for Bullet is beyond me.

Thank you Mt. Olympus management for little ally saying “Yeah we don’t care if you walk in the construction area and take pictures of it!” The things you can do at that park is a little scary.

Only at Mt. Olympus. Feel free to walk through the construction zone, just remember we are not responsible if you get hurt you do so at your own risk.

We *do* live in a country where you can get paid for doing really dumb things. It's a grey area I guess

That's the curiosity of this all. We point and laugh (or weep) at those truly remarkable people who should be required by law to walk around with a safety helmet, knee pads, and safety mittens because they will find someone or something to sue when a stiff breeze on a cool day causes them "intense physical discomfort and emotional trauma", but then point and laugh at Mt. O for not building electrified fencing topped with barbed wire, a moat, and prison style watchtowers manned with armed guards to keep you away from some dirt. Anyone capable of breathing on their own should be able to navigate a construction site without getting killed or maimed, otherwise, the gene pool is in even worse shape than anyone could have imagined or would care to know.