TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

The retracking and friendlier staff were my first thoughts as well. Any addition is nice, but they have some incredible coaster layouts there. Hades would probably be in my top 5 if it didn't hurt so much. There is so much within the current park that could and needs to be fixed up. It really lacks the feeling of a real, complete park, like it could be. It's too much of a crappy roadside attraction.

We were talking about this aspect of the 'resort' in another thread. Especially the staff, and hotel, etc. I really don't think they'll ever change so at least we can just keep visiting when they put something in that's decent and try to ride it before it's gone to hell!

My impression was that the water park was Mt. Olymous's main draw, so this makes sense to me.

The water park is seriously the most scary/dangerous water park I have ever been to. I mean, those wave pool waves even bowled Casey over.

Since you get i the place free if you stay at any hotel in the Dells the place is extremely crowded. If you even go into the wave pool you will get slammed into people every time a wave comes. There is more people than water in their waterpark most of the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/mtolympuspark

HADES 360

Coming in 2013!

World’s First upside down wooden rollercoaster!

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the famous underground wooden coaster Hades will transform to become the world first all wooden rollercoaster with an upside down roll coming spring 2013.

Hades 360 will be a unique technological marvel integrating the underground uniqueness of Hades and adding a 360 degree upside down loop and a 135 degree over-banked turn. Plus Hades 360 will also be equipped with a new state of the art rollercoaster train, giving riders the feel of riding on a steel coaster. Utilizing this state-of-the-art train by Gravity Group, Hades 360 will be the world’s longest underground and have world’s only upside down roll on an all wooden rollercoaster. Hades 360 will be the first to deliver an awe-inspiring wooden coaster thrill all while in the vast world of Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.

With its unique construction, Hades 360 will have:

• The World’s First completely upside down roll on an all wooden coaster

• The World’s longest underground track measuring 800 feet underground

• A 90 degree turn underground in complete darkness

• A 135 degree over-banked turn

• A staggering drop of 140 feet with an amazing drop angle of 65 degrees

• Total length of 4,725 feet

• A 160 foot incline to the top drop

• A blazing top speed of 70 mph

Hades 360 will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, taking the classic wooden support structure and technically integrating an upside down roll into the existing track. The upgrade to Hades 360 will be engineered and constructed by Gravity Group, the same group that designed the original Hades. The Hades 360 transformation will exceed far beyond any mortal’s expectations. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry, it has never been done before.

Edited by robbalvey

Multiple things wrong here.

-Not the first "upside down roll" Outlaw run already has two, so that claim is false.

-It will only have the longest underground tunnel, and only barrel roll on a wooden coaster

-This coaster is not "all-wood"

-The coaster will steal the "steepest non-inverted turn" record from Millennium Force(which has three, 122* overbanked turns)

Edited by JonnyRCT3