TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

The track for Hades 360 was finished today. Assuming they have the trains already or will get them very soon they should hopefully be able to make the memorial day opening.

Unless it takes GG 5 years to perfect these trains too.

The track for Hades 360 was finished today. Assuming they have the trains already or will get them very soon they should hopefully be able to make the memorial day opening.

Unless it takes GG 5 years to perfect these trains too.

If the Timberliners don't get put in for the rides reopening, can PTC's handle inversions?

Nope. It's Timberliners or SBNO.

Not trying to be mean here - are you sure about that? Reason why?

As long as it's only positives throughout the inversion, it's no different than the trains moving through a continuously-banking curve.

I don't know the exact reason but in the interview posted a page back the park owner said that an inverting wooden coaster as an idea they've had since the mid 90s and even talked to CCI about but there were never wooden coaster trains capable of inverting until now.

^LOL! The thought of a standard PTC Train going through something like that is terrifying!

I'm sure the first Chinese knockoff wooden coaster with inversion will use PTC trains

That will also probably be the name.

Edited by Moose

I'm in the fear category for this. I don't know if it's just because it's so different to anything we've seen, but that just looks... not right. I'm sure it'll ride awesomely though. I think it's because the RMC rolls were made with prefabricated track and this is traditional wooden track that just makes it so strange.

Somehow i imagine the train just falling off, but im sure its safe,obviously, just looks fake as hell.(see what i did there with hell)

However, I still classify it as a portable carnival ride.

Carnival ride means it can move, and the last time I checked you can't easily move a wooden coaster whose layout does two 100ft+ long tunnels that's been permanently installed. A carnival ride means it isn't permanent and travels.