TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What parks are you visiting in 2020?

Time off approved, trips planned and flights cars hotel etc starting to be booked. Its on!

Dollywood - Mid May

KW, CP for 2 days, KI in July

SFGAdv, Hershey, Lake Compounce (maybe that mall shall see) with KD and BGW on the way up and down in Sept

SWSA, SFFT, SFoT in Oct

Should be well over 50 new creds and lots of good ones

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buc-ee's.

Well, I didn't specify park related so fair

I also need to think, do I want to start in Dallas go down to San Antonio and back up, or do a big triangle and hit Houston as well? Feels more logical, and can do Kemah! But no idea what there is to do. Anyone know what in Houston is worth stopping by for?

grew up in Houston, and honestly? if you're at Kemah already?

the only two things I'd do since you've made the big triangle to go there:

1) continue onwards about 30 minutes to Galveston for the Pleasure Pier (some great rides/location of said rides), and take a stroll along the Seawall.

https://www.pleasurepier.com/

If you're into "historical" stuff, the district in Galveston is called the Strand, and there are several blocks of very unique old-timey stores, and mansions in the area you can tour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strand_Historic_District

https://www.galveston.com/trip-planning/areas/downtown/

or..

2) also close to Kemah Boardwalk is the Johnson Space Center (literally 15 minutes away)

that's certainly worth a stop, tho it's gotten way more touristy since I was last there. . it's still something I'd recommend doing if you have the slightest interest in the US Space Program.

https://spacecenter.org/

Edited by bert425

can't recall if I've answered this. .

but USA parks:

for certain:

SFFT

SFOT

SFOG

Carowinds

possibly:

SFStL (I really wanna ride Excalibur, and if I can find a cheap flight, and the right weekend. . . )

SFMM / Knott's - if West Coast Bash happens, gonna try to make it. if not, might attempt a trip to CA for these anyways.

There are other parks I'm hoping to get to this year, but don't wanna jinx those. . depends on what happens with this worldwide virus outbreak 1st!

I've got a lot of big "plans" with the kiddos, but as far as sure things, we have KI for Coasterstock, after a day at CP, and then two weeks later, Holiwood Nights at HW for two days, followed by a day at KK (which is now an enthusiast day as well.) We're taking a trip South in a month, and SFOG is the most surefire stop, but we'll keep heading south to Tampa if Iron Gwazi is open by then. Otherwise, a trip to BGT may or may not be in the cards this year. We'll have to see. Carowinds will also potentially be a part of that trip. I also plan to take my youngest kid, who doesn't make all of the other trips with me, to MIA to check out their new kids area.

Other parks that are virtual certainties are:

-SFGAm

-SFGAdv

-Kennywood

Parks that I am planning on hitting, but may not make the cut:

-Hersheypark

-BGW

-KD

-American Dream

There may be other parks that pop up as well, but we'll see. This is already a pretty aggressive list, considering I'm paying for 4 with all of these trips. We all have passes for CF and SF, so that helps, but hotels and gas certainly add up!

• 1 month later...

This thread has not aged well...

I'm hoping that the situation improves at least to the point that I can go back to work at Carowinds, but I'm probably going to put my other trip plans on hold until 2021 or later. Even if those parks do open, I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of uncertainties around traveling for the foreseeable future.

I plan on still going to parks the second they open. Hopefully Beech bend may 22 and SFDK June 5th. Assuming they open. If not ill change plans around for when they do. Also hoping to go to Cedar Valley frontier park in Northern Mi and SFOG later this summer

Already visited (just before fit hit the shan)

Universal Studios Florida

Islands of Adventure

WDW Magic Kingdom

Almost certain to visit (assuming they open)

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Michigan's Adventure

Would like to visit

Canada's Wonderland

Carowinds

Dollywood

Holiday World

Indiana Beach

Kennywood

Kentucky Kingdom

Mt. Olympus

Six Flags Great America

Six Flags over Georgia

Six Flags St. Louis

(if some parks in the deep south open before CP/KI, I might think about doing a road trip)

2019 was a very big travel year for me. I did a Mid-Atlantic trip (SFA, KD, Caro, SFOG), a NorCal trip (SFDK and CGA), and a Texas trip (SFOT and SFFT) in addition to my regular visits to SoCal and Utah. Therefore, I am anticipating a very light 2020.

Definitely visiting (basically my 3 home parks):

Knott's Berry Farm

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Lagoon

Somewhat possible:

Silverwood (never been)

Glenwood Caverns (never been)

Currently a pipe dream, but not completely impossible:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (never been)

Hersheypark (haven't been since 2016)

Oh, how things have changed.

I visited Disneyland and DCA on New Year's Day. Then Knott's, SWSD, and SFMM the first week of March, just before crap hit the fan.

Once Lagoon opens this summer, I will definitely be going. I will also go back to the SoCal parks in the fall and winter. Outside of those parks, I am not doing any east coast traveling this year. I am using this year to rack up my savings for a large trip next summer (2021) after I graduate college. Fingers crossed Ms. Rona is gone by then.

2019 was a very big travel year for me. I did a Mid-Atlantic trip (SFA, KD, Caro, SFOG), a NorCal trip (SFDK and CGA), and a Texas trip (SFOT and SFFT) in addition to my regular visits to SoCal and Utah. Therefore, I am anticipating a very light 2020.

Definitely visiting (basically my 3 home parks):

Knott's Berry Farm

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Lagoon

Somewhat possible:

Silverwood (never been)

Glenwood Caverns (never been)

Currently a pipe dream, but not completely impossible:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (never been)

Hersheypark (haven't been since 2016)

Oh, how things have changed.

I visited Disneyland and DCA on New Year's Day. Then Knott's, SWSD, and SFMM the first week of March, just before crap hit the fan.

Once Lagoon opens this summer, I will definitely be going. I will also go back to the SoCal parks in the fall and winter. Outside of those parks, I am not doing any east coast traveling this year. I am using this year to rack up my savings for a large trip next summer (2021) after I graduate college. Fingers crossed Ms. Rona is gone by then.

At least you were planning on a light year!

In 2019, I went to Tivoli, Walibi Holland, Heide Park, Phantasialand, PortAdventura, Rhinekirmes and California's Great America. The year before I went to Grona Lund, Kolmarden, Energylandia, and Legendia. The year before that I went to Cedar Point, Phantasialand Hansa Park, Holiday Park, and Europa Park.

I'm perfectly fine taking 2020 off, as I went to multiple new parks every year for the previous three years. My plan for 2020 was to do Holiwood Nights, (I have never been to Holiday World). The schedule is still on for the end of may, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Holiwood nights might have to wait for another time.

Stuff has already been canceled in the first half of 2020 including a Texas trip and a potential Silver Dollar City trip.

If things open up the possibilities for me are:

Home Parks:

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Knott's

Sea World San Diego

Parks I could visit while traveling for work:

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Kentucky Kingdom

Holiday World

Silver Dollar City

Parks I would consider to travel for:

BG Williamsburg

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

Dollywood

BG Tampa

Sea World Orlando

But who knows what is going to happen. Everything still pretty much up in the air, but I don't see hitting up a park until the second half of 2020.

Oh well..

I have to update my original plans.

I'll visit the first park that will open in a way we may have a good day there and which is doable for us with our newborn. I want to get my a$$ back on a coaster so bad.