TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help with japan trip

pdcon

Hello and thanks in advance for the the help. Me my wife and her parents are trying to plan a 10-12 day trip to japan in March/April, we would like to make the most out of our time without feeling rushed. We all lover coasters and theme parks, also with both me and my wife being zoo keepers we also really love zoos. We love Disney so we are defiantly going to visit there, but out side of that we are kind of for a loss of what to do and how to break up and spend our time. So I guess my question would be this, do you have some sort of quick itinerary that you have used in the past you could share with me, or what places we should visit and maybe where would be some good places to stay. Thanks again

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few quick questions to get us started in helping out...

- Are you thinking of just staying in Tokyo on this trip? To be honest, 10 days with Disney and zoos and tourist stuff you could easily never leave Tokyo.

- Are you comfortable taking trains?

- If you'll be leaving the Tokyo area are you looking at day trips or are you willing to switch hotels?

- Do you want to see Panda's?

A few quick questions to get us started in helping out...

- Are you thinking of just staying in Tokyo on this trip? To be honest, 10 days with Disney and zoos and tourist stuff you could easily never leave Tokyo.

- Are you comfortable taking trains?

- If you'll be leaving the Tokyo area are you looking at day trips or are you willing to switch hotels?

- Do you want to see Panda's?

Thanks for the response. So we are up to travel around Japan and even change hotels. We spent 3 weeks in China last year traveling to Hong Kong, bejing, Shanghai and a few other places so we are comfortable moving around by any means of transportation. But we are also up for just staying in Tokyo and doing touristy stuff and seeing all the things and eating all of the foods. Since this is our first time to Japan we are up for what ever would be the best experience for first time visitors. And yes we LOVE pandas so that would be awesome to see them. Thanks

Ok, so I'd actually recommend that on this first trip you stay in Tokyo as I think you'll have a LOT to see and do. Then on your next trip (because trust me, you'll want to go back immediately after leaving!) you visit some more places.

I would arrive, and do a good base hotel for Tokyo. We love the Shinagawa Prince Hotel. From there do all of the 'normal' Tokyo stuff, plus Tobu Zoo park and maybe LaQua, Yomiuriland, and Joypolis depending on your park likes. For 'normal' Tokyo stuff you should do the Ueno Zoo (Pandas!), Asakusa (shrine, good free viewing platform, tourist stuff), Shibuya (crossing, awesome food, shopping, etc.), Harajuku (interesting kawaii fashion and food), one tall building or tower, maybe the fish market if that interests you, take a cooking class from https://www.simplyoishii.com, and just have an awesome time.

Then for your last few days and nights I would move over to a Tokyo Disney area hotel, we like the Hilton Tokyo Bay, and base there finishing off your trip before heading back to the airport.

• 2 months later...

^ Actually, I thought he said the trip was "March-April" for 10-12 days.

One month into the other, that meant to me.

Meaning, it probably/possibly didn't happen, due to current obvious reasons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
^ Actually, I thought he said the trip was "March-April" for 10-12 days.

One month into the other, that meant to me.

Meaning, it probably/possibly didn't happen, due to current obvious reasons.

This is correct, trip got cancelled, all flights and hotels where refunded back to us, As you can imagine we are super bummed. One day we will finally maybe make it too Japan. Hopeful wishing that it's sooner than later.