TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Perhaps a looping waterslide and Ocean Motion relocated and built over the lake?

While I am also hoping for a new coaster, regardless I am already planning a visit next summer because I have wanted to ride Shivering Timbers ever since it was built.

It sounds like the park is charming (we'll bring our walking shoes! ) and they have a nice array of waterslides, which would be a fun time in the heat of the summer. Gotta use that CFPP and get to Michigan next summer regardless of what the announcement is!

Perhaps a looping waterslide and Ocean Motion relocated and built over the lake?

While I am also hoping for a new coaster, regardless I am already planning a visit next summer because I have wanted to ride Shivering Timbers ever since it was built.

It sounds like the park is charming (we'll bring our walking shoes! ) and they have a nice array of waterslides, which would be a fun time in the heat of the summer. Gotta use that CFPP and get to Michigan next summer regardless of what the announcement is!

The park is small, so don't worry about the walking. Everyone wants the cut-through path, which I understand, but you walk a lot more in big parks. The waterpark is good there, and Timbers is great,

Yes, they already have a Chance Sea Dragon (recently repainted) sitting in the lake.

A new addition would be best served in the waterpark at this time, in my opinion.

A new addition would be best served by Intamin or B&M in whichever manner they choose, in my opinion.

I can dream!

Seriously though, I'm with Robb, I'm just happy to see my home park still being worth the investment for Cedar Fair.

No.

They took care of the water problem a few years ago.

Thanks, I remember seeing that was an issue years ago but I haven't been following the progress.

I've always been curious about Shivering Timbers, it looks amazing, and I hear it is sensational on a good day (does it have good days anymore?). Personally I'd rather go to a park with one amazing coaster than a park 12 average coasters but nothing special.

No.

They took care of the water problem a few years ago.

Thanks, I remember seeing that was an issue years ago but I haven't been following the progress.

I've always been curious about Shivering Timbers, it looks amazing, and I hear it is sensational on a good day (does it have good days anymore?). Personally I'd rather go to a park with one amazing coaster than a park 12 average coasters but nothing special.

I always heard Shivering Timbers was good, and I finally decided to try for myself this summer. Drove about five hours north to Michigan and honestly one ride on Shivering Timbers was worth the drive. Wow, the only coaster I like better is Voyage, and only because the tunnels and location. If Shivering Timbers had a tunnel or two and wasn't next to a parking lot I'd rank it above Voyage. It's so close to perfection, the only 'bad parts' is in my opinion the double up (OUCH!), and the trick-track. The trick doesn't do anything, I'd much rather have it be a banked airtime hill or something. Other than those two parts the ride is perfect.

On subject to the topic, I still don't know what to expect. Michigan's Adventure has potential to be a great park, just needs a major thrill ride or two (drop tower or top spin ect), and a bigger steel coaster than maybe doesn't have inversions. That and better landscaping and connecting Thunderhawk to Shivering Timbers. I know everyone's been complaining about people saying that, but honestly it's the worst thing about the park. It's a giant 'C'. Connecting the two most popular rides (and possibly adding another ride or two in between) would complete the park so much. I'd be happy with a Planet Snoopy being built in the middle to connect them.

I was kinda partial to this gem posted on their Facebook page:

OMG they need to get rid of the old carnival rides and make it like Cedar Point, Kings Island was fun. but nothing will be like Cedar Point.....

Ooops...but wait, there are more treats. I can't believe what I am missing out by not going to this website that they call the Facebook. I just don't know if I feel smarter or dumber for going there and reading these posts?

i love the thunder hawk it was the best out of all

the tunder haw is so fun

dis place is wack go to ceder point

can you get the ring of fire or a drop tower abouth 250ft that would be cool.

Favorite Rides:All of them! loved michigan adventures if i had to pick a place out of the whole united states i would pick michigan adventures

^That's what your typical theme park Facebook page looks like (see the GP thread for more examples). Someone literally has done a study proving that visiting Facebook lowers people's intelligence. I firmly believe it.

I wonder if Jet Scream from Wonderland will be located here. It was dismantled very carefully and moved to the bone yard behind Minebuster just last week. The timing would be perfect for them to announce now. Wonderland was trying to sell it, but we had heard that there were no bites. It would make sense to keep it and use it, since it's still in very good shape.

In a smaller regional park it would be a perfect ride and would be highly marketable. Plus not all that expensive to move and install.