TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Neither of the two I mentioned jerk you around and have the train bounce all over the place so you get a headache. It's not as simple as the train either; T3 has the new trains but it's the worst one of them all. Maybe more of a track thing? Really not sure. I just know that on the two with no square wheels, that layout is really fun.

Even when this ride was at GL it had a reputation for being the "smoothest" of the bunch.  I never really had a problem with this ride going back to it's GL days.  Always thought it was a comfortable ride.  The other few I have been on include Great Nor'Easter, Flight Deck @CW, Mind Eraser at DL, and T3 most of which is awful.  I never experienced Great Nor'Easter prior to the retrack but I thought it was very comfortable with the new track and trains.  Now, the other 3 listed I will never get on again, ever.  Unless something dramatic happens.  

Heard some good things about the new trains on whatever SFNE is calling theirs these days.  

Back to this ride, I dig the new colors, looks wonderful.  Slightly disappointed it didn't get the original 90s teal supports, but this is good too.  :)

9 hours ago, WolfBobs said:

I never experienced Great Nor'Easter prior to the retrack but I thought it was very comfortable with the new track and trains.  

Same here. My glowing review of it is based only on the 2017 retrack.

I have rode plenty of SLCs, MA's is near the top, along with Great Nor'Easter & Mind Eraser at SFA. All 3 very enjoyable IMO.

T3 at Kentucky Kingdom & Flight Deck at CW are the worst and should be avoided.

On 5/2/2021 at 12:20 AM, thrillseeker4552 said:

I wonder what makes this one "not suck." It runs the standard SLC train, right?

The new paint looks great! SLCs may be terrible rides but they are quite photogenic.

They do work on the track in the off seasons and they keep the trains in great condition 

Are those supports brown? I really enjoy most SLC's. I hold my head all the way forward out of the restraint and get zero head banging. They are forceful little rides! I will be at Camp snoopy preview day. Anything in particular anyone wants pics of?

Park confirmed the supports are a deep brown. I just found out an interesting tid bit. In the early 90's the park tried to purchase a chance Toboggan. It would of been after Wildcat and before Zach's Zoomer

• 1 month later...

C'mon Bill, it's a good park to stop in and kill 2 hours if you're taking the smart route from CP to SFGAm.

I heard it was closed opening weekend. Sounds like the parks opening weekend went as badly as every other cedar fair park. I am going Sunday to check out the new camp snoopy and get a ride of Timbers and check out Thunderhawks new paint scheme 

I finally checked out the new camp snoopy. Looks very good. All 7 coasters were running. They were short staffed like every other park but the employees generally seemed very happy. The new snoopy area looks very good and fits in well! 

20210606_145054.jpg

20210606_144743.jpg

20210606_144406.jpg

20210606_140108.jpg

20210606_133244.jpg

20210606_131958.jpg

20210606_131807.jpg

20210606_131747.jpg

20210606_131745.jpg

20210606_131731.jpg

20210606_130755.jpg

20210606_130752.jpg

20210606_125929.jpg

20210606_125923.jpg

20210606_125753.jpg

20210606_125725.jpg

20210606_125551.jpg

20210606_125529.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post. I heard a rumor that this weekend Shivering Timbers bumped in the station leaving damage on both trains and the track in the station. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Shivering Timbers did bump. Credit to Cassie Villarreal on Facebook.
"So FIRST ride is Shivering Timbers. Ride went fine but then we got stuck trying to get off. They literally SLAMMED us into the cart in front of us that hadn’t taken off. No apology except from the teenage employees working the ride. No medical check. They took our names and seat number and nothing else. No phone numbers or anything. They then just let us go. No compensation or anything for literally crashing us at probably 30mph into an object not moving at all. The metal and actual track broke from the impact. Michigan’s Adventure is a joke and needs to STEP UP."

203574650_161998069287855_6656439503623848692_n.jpg

• Like 1

It should be noted that the ride is posted as open today on Queue Times. This took place on the 19th and it was closed for the rest of the day and all day yesterday. If that's accurate I'm assuming it's just running one train and probably will be for awhile.

• Like 1

Depends on how much they are willing to pay for the new parts. I know a park that had some damage done to a PTC train on Saturday and they paid something like 30 grand for the new parts and overnight shipping from PTC so they could have both trains running for a certain donkey loving theme park tour for their ERT session that Thursday.

57 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

I still can not believe the train was able to leave the final brake run with the other train still in the station. Eltororyan needs to show those workers how a block section works lol

The poster did give us an update. They were on the block of 10 minutes, then maintenance forwarded the train into the station causing a collision.
BTW they got a refund and they did call a lawyer.

Welp. I came here to mention the new RMC track option for Shivering Timbers (can we call it ShTi?) trying to spice up the thread seeing it had posts in it finally, then I realized I had been beaten to the punchline by the ride itself. Maybe now is as good as time as ever to get that new RMC re-track! 

Michigan's Adventure removed the message that Shivering Timbers was closed from their website and posted on Twitter it has reopened (they posted a picture of the ride and replied to someone it reopened late today).

• 4 months later...