TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Drove by the park this morning. Still no gondolas on the wheel, no coaster trains in the stations. I would assume they would need a months notice at this point. I am getting more and more confident they will not open this summer unless the government gives them permission real quick

Maintenance has started back and is currently working on getting rides back together, They just recently had a crane day so coaster trains should be appearing soon. They are starting to process and train seasonal employees. I don't see them canceling the season, I think they might even consider extending the season.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Craigs Cruisers in Silver Lake. Got to ride the new SBF big air coaster. The hampster wheel was in op so I had a regular spinning car. Was a neat ride and seemed like a big hit. Will have to go back to experience the front seat

Been hearing a rumor of waterpark only opening this summer. That would make sense as other water parks have opened but no other amusement parks have

been hearing on other forums CF isn't opening their water parks year besides Schliterbahn, they haven't announced anything other than Cedar Point Shores staying closed though

Been hearing a rumor of waterpark only opening this summer. That would make sense as other water parks have opened but no other amusement parks have

been hearing on other forums CF isn't opening their water parks year besides Schliterbahn, they haven't announced anything other than Cedar Point Shores staying closed though

I meant in Michigan. Other waterparks like Double JJ, soaring Eagle ect have opened while MIA and Cedar Valley amusement parks remain closed.

Added: Called that one. MIA announced today water park only opening. Opens to passholders on July 16. I just booked my first visit! https://www.miadventure.com/

It’s better than nothing. Weird that all the other CF parks are doing the opposite and opening dry only. Maybe this will promote a separate admission gate to the water park in the future.

a few weeks ago, they were offering a $200 bonus for lifeguards at Oceans of Fun

It’s better than nothing. Weird that all the other CF parks are doing the opposite and opening dry only. Maybe this will promote a separate admission gate to the water park in the future.

Most other waterparks in Michigan are open. Its the bigger family fun centers and amusement parks that haven't been granted permission to open

2020 map.pdf

So weird

• 4 weeks later...

The park has yet to confirm its closing. MLIVE is generally wrong. The park is still taking reservations and has yet to tell my that my reservation for tomorrow is now invalid

My apologies for the inaccurate information, MiA confirmed on Facebook that they are staying open, and the executive order mentioned above looks like it only applies to indoor water parks.

Some very quick pictures. Main entrance not in photos by Zach's Zoomer looks very nice. Its all blocked off. Coming along nicely. Most new rides seems together. Play structure almost done. Looks like mostly landscaping

20200801_162951.thumb.jpg.cd87ada33230d79bf28bcdfce28596b5.jpg

Smaller entrance where Drummer boy used to bee

20200801_163006.thumb.jpg.3d3f730d87e2550204ff938d237f685c.jpg

20200801_163014.thumb.jpg.9db8620bf8d29c4b222710303bb8e432.jpg

20200801_163020.thumb.jpg.41e0df78909d52cc14a365d954f0b559.jpg

20200801_142017.thumb.jpg.5700d00bd52066cd38b6a92e0677745f.jpg

This is across from Corkscrew

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Vonni said:

I was looking at Michigan's Adventure on GoogleMaps and noticed the lagoon right in the middle of the parking lot. I found that to be quite odd lol. 

Retention ponds I believe there called. Depending on what areas of the country you go to, you have them next to parking lots so the area doesn't flood and water runoff has a place to go. I've seen them a couple times at Walmart's, Hotel, Gated Communities, and other places. Their usually there when the area is very flat and get a lot of snow/rain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bert, this one is one of two Vekoma SLCs in the US that don't suck, the other being the Great Nor'Easter at Morey's. Beats me how this dumpster fire of a park can take a dumpster fire of a coaster model and turn it into a really good, really fun ride, but they did! 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Bert, this one is one of two Vekoma SLCs in the US that don't suck, the other being the Great Nor'Easter at Morey's. Beats me how this dumpster fire of a park can take a dumpster fire of a coaster model and turn it into a really good, really fun ride, but they did! 

I wonder what makes this one "not suck." It runs the standard SLC train, right?

The new paint looks great! SLCs may be terrible rides but they are quite photogenic.