TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Ever wonder what a RMC modified Shivering Timbers would be like? I mean another few years and this coaster may be ready for the upgrade.

I've thought about this before and there isn't really too much they can do layout-wise. Unless they turn every other airtime hill into a stall or roll or something like that. Pretty much the best they could get would be a topper to make it smoother. (Maybe make it steeper and taller? I think they would have to because nylon wheels have more friction.)

Somone correct me if RMC's topper's don't use nylon wheels lol, but metal on metal with something bigger than a strip seems like a bad idea.

Ever wonder what a RMC modified Shivering Timbers would be like? I mean another few years and this coaster may be ready for the upgrade.

Unless they significantly increase the lift, launch the train at some point, or give it steel wheels, it would never make it back to the station with that layout. It really shouldn't be that tough to keep it running decently as is. The entire ride is almost all straight lines.

Somone correct me if RMC's topper's don't use nylon wheels lol, but metal on metal with something bigger than a strip seems like a bad idea.

Outlaw Run has steel wheels.

Didn't know that about outlaw run, so thanks! I also looked and wildcat would be a weird RMC because it's only 85 feet tall. It also has a pretty short layout so the best I could see them doing with it would be something like Lightning Run. Their shortest coaster is 100 feet.

Also I found these three year old pictures of MiA on the same day with a drastic change in weather. I forgot I took them:image.thumb.jpeg.7c5838d8a0f1b5fa54f511c3ee58e876.jpeg

Nearly 80 and sunny

image.thumb.jpeg.7c5838d8a0f1b5fa54f511c3ee58e876.jpeg

Nearly 80 and sunny

I took them about 2 hours apart.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9c79e6187f9fecace22c923dee4eb2b.jpeg

55 and rainy, foggy and cloudy

Didn't know that about outlaw run, so thanks! I also looked and wildcat would be a weird RMC because it's only 85 feet tall. It also has a pretty short layout so the best I could see them doing with it would be something like Lightning Run. Their shortest coaster is 100 feet.

Also I found these three year old pictures of MiA on the same day with a drastic change in weather. I forgot I took them:[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment]

I took them about 2 hours apart.

Pretty accurate representation of the ever-changing weather here in Michigan.

Keep in mind that Twisted Twins was only 80 feet tall and it got the RMC treatment. I feel that all Dinn woodies that remain should get the RMC treatment. (Although some are out of the question, like Thunder Run @ Kentucky Kingdom) Wolverine Wildcat'a layout is pretty good and rather long for a hybrid. It would probably have some really good pacing. I'd love to see it someday, though the odds are very low. Could you imagine an RMC right next to Shivering Timbers?

The trick-track was a cool and unique feature of the ride, but it didn't ride the greatest. Many of the complaints from casual riders I have ridden ST with, stemmed from that area, especially after the helix was re-tracked. And another airtime hill? Sign me up! So my take: while the nostalgist in me is a little sad, the pragmatist in me loves the move!

As for RMC... I love ya', but STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM SHIVERING TIMBERS!!! Wolverine-Wildcat, on the other hand, I'd love to see transformed. It would add to the steel count at the park, and give the park a good inverting coaster (no, I do not count either Corkscrew or Thunderhawk as "good", in that department, or really, any department!) Plus, with ST being such a strong wooden coaster, WW is just lame by comparison, and could stand for something to enhance it. I'd also like to see the "Wildcat" dropped from the name if it gets redone, and have it just be called "The Wolverine", or "Wolverine", if adding "The" infringes on the character too much.

The trick-track was a cool and unique feature of the ride, but it didn't ride the greatest. Many of the complaints from casual riders I have ridden ST with, stemmed from that area, especially after the helix was re-tracked. And another airtime hill? Sign me up! So my take: while the nostalgist in me is a little sad, the pragmatist in me loves the move!

As for RMC... I love ya', but STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM SHIVERING TIMBERS!!! Wolverine-Wildcat, on the other hand, I'd love to see transformed. It would add to the steel count at the park, and give the park a good inverting coaster (no, I do not count either Corkscrew or Thunderhawk as "good", in that department, or really, any department!) Plus, with ST being such a strong wooden coaster, WW is just lame by comparison, and could stand for something to enhance it. I'd also like to see the "Wildcat" dropped from the name if it gets redone, and have it just be called "The Wolverine", or "Wolverine", if adding "The" infringes on the character too much.

Will probably happen the year after the 210ft Chance Hyper Coaster.

Haha we'll never get two coasters in a row. Nice try. We're the smallest Cedar Fair park, after all. They don't care about us, they only care for it's slightly larger neighbor on Lake Erie

Im still bitter our Morgan hyper was canceled. Only if CF bought the park a year later

Im still bitter our Morgan hyper was canceled. Only if CF bought the park a year later

Ditto...

The double track was the only rough spot on the ride. The new hill should bring some insane airtime.

For the people that drove by, did you see any work on the waterpark addition?

I haven't noticed any work in the waterpark. The new maintenance building is coming along nicely. I am still banking on the fact that the old maintenance building is being tore down and that is where the water park will be expanded. I would guess Thunder Falls from GL?

The double track was the only rough spot on the ride. The new hill should bring some insane airtime.

For the people that drove by, did you see any work on the waterpark addition?

I haven't noticed any work in the waterpark. The new maintenance building is coming along nicely. I am still banking on the fact that the old maintenance building is being tore down and that is where the water park will be expanded. I would guess Thunder Falls from GL?

Don't expect any of the Geauga Lake attractions to be relocated. Because water park attractions can be bought rather cheap, it's not worth the move, better off for scrap and buying new for the parks.

The old building will be staying for now, just put into another use. Also don't forget the employee lot that can be used for future waterpark expansion. There's still plenty of new property behind the the maintenance building that can be used for a new lot.

Do expect more painting being done in the spring for the water park. Heard that Cyclone Zone will be the next set of slides to gain some new colors.

Haha we'll never get two coasters in a row. Nice try. We're the smallest Cedar Fair park, after all. They don't care about us, they only care for it's slightly larger neighbor on Lake Erie

Google Sarcasm

Would have been cool if Six Flags had gotten Michigan's Adventure. Owning them and Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure would've really scared/hurt Cedar Point.

Would have been cool if Six Flags had gotten Michigan's Adventure. Owning them and Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure would've really scared/hurt Cedar Point.

I highly doubt it, to be honest. Six Flags would've ended up just hurting themselves financially quicker and selling both parks anyway.

With the September and October weather we have had lately I feel the park could support a haunt event. Michigan's Scarventure. Limited rides open and lots of haunted mazes through there overgrown forest next to timbers.

Also with Half Pint paradise and Beach party, the kids area of the water park is all new. I feel like the back 40 could use some sprucing up and turned into a camp snoopy. Its starting to show its age.

With the September and October weather we have had lately I feel the park could support a haunt event. Michigan's Scarventure. Limited rides open and lots of haunted mazes through there overgrown forest next to timbers.

Also with Half Pint paradise and Beach party, the kids area of the water park is all new. I feel like the back 40 could use some sprucing up and turned into a camp snoopy. Its starting to show its age.

I doubt they will cause of HalloWeekends

I actually do wish Six Flags owned MiA, that way I'd have 2 parks within a relatively close distance that I can get into for free

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stopped by the park today to get a good shot of this new hill on Shivering Timbers. Still a bit sad that my trick track is gone. Pretty sure this means that Mega Zeph is the only wooden coaster on the planet with a trick track still standing. There isn't a perfect pic of the entire hill due to the fact that I am fifteen and my impatient parents wanted to get the hell out of there.

IMG_1883.thumb.JPG.b954479dbccd0db1cd839c5cd266f446.JPG

Cool to see the old wood clash with the new wood.

IMG_1884.thumb.JPG.b5113f0e3e24aa7e5d565f6c62aac3c5.JPG

Wonder how much airtime this little hill will generate?

IMG_1887.thumb.JPG.40eb4557f1df5ada0c2e8d414bcef6bc.JPG

Also wonder which company added this hill. Probably M&V, but maybe it was GCI?

Stopped by the park today to get a good shot of this new hill on Shivering Timbers. Still a bit sad that my trick track is gone. Pretty sure this means that Mega Zeph is the only wooden coaster on the planet with a trick track still standing. There isn't a perfect pic of the entire hill due to the fact that I am fifteen and my impatient parents wanted to get the hell out of there.

Nice pics. Judging from the track and support work, that's definitely GCI's handiwork. I can see a bit of the top layer of track in your second pic and that's definitely the new laminate layer GCI is using now with that different kind of wood for the 2 track layers. Looks like everything leading to and from the former trick track has been redone. Sort of sad that the trick track is gone, but really glad that the pothole at the end of the trick track is finally gone.

That would mean the turn around, helix and now the new airtime hill is all GCI's work. I don't think I'd want any other company to work on this beast outside of Gravity Group, but I don't see the parks working with them anytime soon since GCI has been doing a great job with all of their wooden coasters in the chain.

Shivering Timbers just got more awesome. The trick track was the only bad element on the ride and the little hill is a nice replacement. It's not something that will increase attendance, but it's another example of Cedar Fair enhancing a ride experience. It has me excited and I will definitely get more rides in this season.