TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Yeah, I was just telling my wife earlier today that I can't remember an August that was quite so rainy as this one here in Michigan! Hopefully MiA packed 'em in during the "drought" months preceding it, but I know August is typically when they "make bank", so the rain has been unfortunate...

Cedar Fair seems to be going to local chains for food options lately. Since we prly wont get a chic fil a or Chickie’s & Pete’s It would be neat to see a Biggby Coffee or another indoor sitdown restaurant like 5 guys burgers and fries.

I would bet money that for the fist time in a couple years attendance is down this year. The last 4 Saturdays it has stormed. There busy season has been a dud. Driving by the park everyday I have never seen the parking lot so empty on weekends in late summer. The overfill lot across the street hasn't even been used this year. Shame weather has such an effect on park performance

I beg to differ there were two weeks in a row where one day the overflow was opened but didn't really fill up, and the next week a friend who works there said the overflow was pretty full too. The park attendance probably is still down though, considering it has been raining so much on the weekends.

I went to Muskegon 3 times this season, and all three went to MiA. However one trip I went 4 days in a row because one of my friends work there, and I though it would be cool (it actually was). I did have fun running around trying to see when the train would open up and rode Thunder hawk more than 50 times. ST was less because it was busier and I've found it harder to ride lately. Wish there was more but still had loads of fun.

• 1 month later...

The construction behind the new employee training center is the new Maintenance building. I am so sad about ST losing the trick track. When me and my wife drove by yesterday we noticed all the new wood. We just assumed they retracked it. Didn't realize they modded it

I'm not surprised... It was brutal on the trains and track, especially the transition before the next hill. Adding another airtime hill though, a very short one at that, means that it's going to be a great pop of air. Better than a straight section I guess.

I'm not surprised... It was brutal on the trains and track, especially the transition before the next hill. Adding another airtime hill though, a very short one at that, means that it's going to be a great pop of air. Better than a straight section I guess.

I can see that. I thought that section was very fun, and I'm glad I got to ride it this year. If it helps lower maintenance costs, then maybe that will free up some money for improvements elsewhere.

Its very sad to remove the trick track, but I will be furious if they add a mcbr to it.

I don't think it would make much sense to add a mcbr. CF just removed the mcbr from Ghostrider (and it's amazing). ST couldn't handle a third train anyway. They barely handle 2.

On the bright side.... At least it's something new!

Drive down Whitehall road. You will see a new employee training center, lots of construction on the new Maintenance building. The 2nd railway train. And stuff going on in the water park. But yes its an additional new thing. Good observation