TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Recycled slides from Geauga lake?

GL didn't have any slides like these that are going in to MiA.

The only slides at GL that could go elsewhere are the Thunder Falls body and tube slide structure, Liquid Lighting funnel slide and the water fortress. That's it. WWK didn't have much in the slide department. And Thunder Falls was originally added to SFWoA in 2003 as Hurricane Mountain.

Recycled slides from Geauga lake?

GL didn't have any slides like these that are going in to MiA.

The only slides at GL that could go elsewhere are the Thunder Falls body and tube slide structure, Liquid Lighting funnel slide and the water fortress. That's it. WWK didn't have much in the slide department. And Thunder Falls was originally added to SFWoA in 2003 as Hurricane Mountain.

I didn't think anyone was complaining. Half Pint paradise was one of the older sections of the waterpark. Between that and beach party is should be a very impressive kid section of the waterpark

Hey! An addition! It's a miracle!!!

Seriously though, these are fine additions, and I particularly like the changes to layout of the park, as getting to Funnel of Fear was really poor, and awkward previously. So for that improvement alone, I am grateful! The only thing I wish I would have seen here, that is a desperately needed infrastructure change, is somehow adding a conveyor belt or something to the Mammoth Rive/Mine Shaft hill, as toting those large tubes up the hill now is challenging for multiple adults, not to mention near impossible for the litany of children I've seen (and subsequently had to help) struggling to get them up there by themselves. Hopefully, they figure out a way to simplify that situation one of these years...

Also, I just want to say, some of the CF parks *cough* Kings Dominion *cough* need to take a cue from MiA and even Knott's, and simply have a low-key, non-teased and subtly mentioned announcement of new capital improvements, when said additions are not substantial in size or scope. I like this announcement from MiA so much more than I would have if they would have teased it extensively first, and then announced it in a packed room at a special event...

This probably sounds crazy, but why does the park need a employee training center? How hard is it for high schoolers to operate a ride, it can't be that hard.

Cedar Fair is making it so when people hear the word "Timbers", they think of their local "Timbers" ride instead.

As for concept art, I guess the park will show some at a later date.

This probably sounds crazy, but why does the park need a employee training center? How hard is it for high schoolers to operate a ride, it can't be that hard.

Would you rather have your orientation/training session outside in a picnic pavilion or inside in an air conditioned building? It has many, many uses for it rather than just "training."

I would bet money that for the fist time in a couple years attendance is down this year. The last 4 Saturdays it has stormed. There busy season has been a dud. Driving by the park everyday I have never seen the parking lot so empty on weekends in late summer. The overfill lot across the street hasn't even been used this year. Shame weather has such an effect on park performance