TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Maybe CP will unload STR on us. Even just the lift hills with no water and make us manually push the boats.

Bring the lift hills to our waterpark to move mammoth rivers boats up the hill. Those massive tubes get heavy after a couple trips.

Maybe CP will unload STR on us. Even just the lift hills with no water and make us manually push the boats.

Bring the lift hills to our waterpark to move mammoth rivers boats up the hill. Those massive tubes get heavy after a couple trips.

Seriously, so much Nina likey!

• 1 month later...

Michigan's Adventure turns back the clock; plans to open 'Funland Farm'

MUSKEGON, MI – Michigan's Adventure is returning to its roots.

To commemorate the park's 60th anniversary, West Michigan's largest tourism attraction will be opening a petting farm this season.

Titled "Funland Farm," the attraction will bring back memories of the park's Deer Park Funland origins.

Deer Park was established in 1956 by L.R. Beardsley, Dr. E.S. Gillam, Hardin Dey and Martin Kasichke as a small animal park featuring deer, Freddie the llama, Storybook Lane and a variety of barnyard animals.

In 1968, Roger Jourden purchased the park from then-owner Benny Bensinger and began selling off the deer and purchasing attractions, eventually renaming it Deer Park Funland in 1972.

Funland Farm will be similar to its predecessor. It will feature a variety of animals, including llamas, alpacas, a mini horse and a miniature donkey.

Families will have the opportunity to interact and take photos with the animals. The animals will be housed in a clean, barnyard-style environment located near the Mad Mouse Roller Coaster.

The park also plans to interact with fans on social media this season. Special throwback Thursdays will be featured on its Facebook page showcasing images from the park's history and encouraging guests to share their memories on Instagram.

The events calendar has also been expanded to include a special celebration on Grandparents Day.

Michigan's Adventure and Wildwater Adventure will open for the season Memorial

Day Weekend.

Michigan's Adventure is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. In addition to Michigan's Adventure, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, three water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels.

(Article from Brandon Champion of the Muskegon Chronicle/MLive: http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/03/michigans_adventure_turns_back.html )

Come on guys....I thought you all would be more excited about this! They have a miniature donkey for crying out loud!

And at least they got a thing! Some parks didn't receive a new thing for this season!

Edited by Coasterguy21

Man, hard crowd to please

At any rate, all of the comments on the social media posts from local news sources shows that people who attend the park (a few commenting saying they plan to get season passes) have been positive about this addition. Many of the people who attended when they were younger in the "Deer Park" days are looking forward to it and looking forward to sharing the experience with their kids. Proof that sometimes even a little bit goes a long way. We'll see when it opens up.

It might be below a lot of expectations of folks commenting on here, but it doesn't seem to be a bad idea for the local populace thus far. Will it see a major spark in season pass sales or admission sales? Probably not, it will increase just like last year but not majorly more than likely. But I think this is a great way to celebrate the 60th Anniversary. It literally is a good "throwback"

It might be below a lot of expectations of folks commenting on here,

I actually find this surprising. I thought everyone lowered their expectations to "nothing", and then are surprised every few years by stuff like this.

Heck, they could add a new trash can and I would be shocked, let alone a petting zoo.

Looking through thoughts about this, I saw a conversation of some say it should have been a giga. The response was priceless: "Giving Michigan's Adventure a Giga would be like giving your grandma a Lamborghini."

Also saw this

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Visiting the petting zoo at cedar point and the new one at Kings island add a bit more to my enjoyment of the parks, so this will be a great non-ride addition.

But i agree, I think it's time for the park to invest in a new ride.... and it doesn't have to be super expensive, maybe a family drop tower, large larson drop tower, ring of fire or a new majestic carpet ride to replace falling star (Delgrossos put one in last year)

I just want to extend my condolences to anyone who has Michigan's Adventure for their home park.

There's a reason a park almost an hour farther away from me has always been considered my "home park"!

Having said that, I must say, that compared to nothing, which is what I assumed MiA was getting this year, this is actually pretty cool. I mean, I'm a nostalgic fellow, who actually went to the park when it was Deer Park Funland, so I think it's a pretty fitting way to honor the Anniversary!

Now, they just need to get that record breaking Giga coaster with inversions in 2017!