TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

neglected parks of the us. It will be on travel channel. It will feature MIA, Great escape, daren lake, and many many more!

And during the commercial breaks you will see ads for the spoiled parks like Cedar Point, Dollywood, and Disney just to flaunt their greatness.

In all seriousness it's probably for park ads. Before this season, Darien Lake used generic Herschend ads too, but now they are switching to custom ride footage.

Two train operation on ST all day then 1 train the last 2 or 1 1/2 hours it was open. This is actually the first time I've seen 1 train operations on it. Still wasn't a long line but weird. Also some police presence at the entrance, and a truck in parking lot.image.thumb.jpg.48b143e7c7880b3a10321f5312228e3d.jpg

Green train on the storage track

Still a fun day and the park wasn't too busy.

It probably would be an extra-charge attraction because it only seats 8 people per cycle, and if they don't charge for it, the lines will be ridiculous. Even the full-size Screamin' Swings can get fairly long lines.

It probably would be an extra-charge attraction because it only seats 8 people per cycle, and if they don't charge for it, the lines will be ridiculous. Even the full-size Screamin' Swings can get fairly long lines.

THIS. Dorney doesn't get long lines and still charges as theirs only seats eight. Granted its only $2 but a lot of people feel like they paid to get into the park so they don't want to pay more for upcharges. I LOVE screaming swings so I like that at most parks they are an upcharge. I don't mind paying since the lines stay at a minimum.

The dry side can pull some beastly lines on weekends, but I think for the most part, they don't really care about capacity (lol look at how many coasters have 2 trains!) and I would expect this eventually be a freebie at the park. If they charge for it, they'll find few if any takers.

I was mostly thinking of the transfer track. Did it get a new control system recently?

Wildcat only received one major control upgrade since it was built and that was went it went from skid brakes to fin brakes. Think that was done around 2000-ish. It did receive a minor PLC upgrade a few years ago when the variable frequency drive was installed for the chain, but other than that, it's a very limited control system.

But yeah, a transfer track is mainly the big concern with adding a second train. The only style that would be possible would be a vertical elevator system, since there's no other way for the track to move due to the limited space for an extended brake run. The whole entire track structure from the end of the final turn to the exit of the station would have to be rebuilt to accommodate the storage track underneath, but it is possible to do it that way.

And I wouldn't read into not having any permits as a bad thing as they're generally filed shortly before they try to start construction on a project since they have to go through township boards rather than city councils like parks that are in larger cities. That's why we've seen the layouts leaked of those projects is because they have to be filed long before construction since they have to go through a longer process.

Some things: there was a truck with some unknown objects on the trailer in the parking lot.

MiA is also going to be sold to six flags. At least according to my friend. He said the flags on corckacrew's lift hill say it all. There are 12 flags on the ride, and 11 six flags parks according to their website. After MiA there would be 12. of course that doesn't take into account the fact that CF has 12 parks that aren't entirely water parks. Or the fact that they just happen to be evenly spaced on the bars on the catwalk. But one can have their suspicions.

I think it would be nice to put a U shaped disco where falling star once stood. Put the screaming swing in the jr go karts location by the beer garden.

I agree on both counts! They would both be EXCELLENT additions to the park, and perfect locations, too!

It would be tight, but I believe they could fit a transfer track on ww in the section just before the station. It would have to go over the exit path, and only be big enough for 1 more train.

I am trying to find a picture to show what I am talking about.

Still one of my favorite coaster experiences to this day.

The first time I tried was a Saturday in July when they're open until 10. I got in line, it was dark out, and the ride went down and they sent everyone home. So sad. I came back a few weeks later, Saturday again and open until 10. I waited to get in line right as they closed it and got the last train of the night. OMG. Such a fantastic ride at night, although extremely rare.